jared gaither available

bkc

After assigning him just a first-round tender, the Ravens are believed to be willing to move restricted free agent LT Jared Gaither.

Gaither would've gotten the first- and third-round tender if the Ravens were truly intent on keeping him. The Ravens want to move Michael Oher to left tackle. The Baltimore Sun suggests four possible destinations for Gaither: San Francisco, Indianapolis, Dallas, and Seattle. Teams targeting Gaither could probably work out a deal for less than the first-round pick.

Source: Baltimore Sun

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely agree and been all bout it since i saw they tendered him with only a first round tender...i think a 2nd a 6th would be fair and depending on who is available at 9 (lets say an elite LT falls to us) trade back with one of the niners picks and get their first and probably a 2nd and get anthony davis with that pick and use the new 2nd for a NT or OLB?? All depending on Gaithers health/physical of course but hes young and played pretty well i think so if its possible i think they outta make it happen! What you think?

I completely agree and been all bout it since i saw they tendered him with only a first round tender...i think a 2nd a 6th would be fair and depending on who is available at 9 (lets say an elite LT falls to us) trade back with one of the niners picks and get their first and probably a 2nd and get anthony davis with that pick and use the new 2nd for a NT or OLB?? All depending on Gaithers health/physical of course but hes young and played pretty well i think so if its possible i think they outta make it happen! What you think?

I think for a 2 and if he is healthy its a no brainer. You could take dan williams in round one or trade back a bit and double down at tckle and take a trent williams for the right side . Either way fill the left tackle spot then there is a lot more flexability and certainty moving forward

If somethinglike this happens, I would totally be on board with the #9 being a defensive player like Carlos Dunlap or Derrick Morgan, bigger ends who would look real good at RE in the 3-4........#9 is way too high for Dan Williams.

If they do this trade it means that they aren't in love with the choices at #9 for LT, or they're looking more seriously at another position...

...CB, perhaps? :blush:

I think is means either they feel the tackles they like will be gone by #9 , ( a real Possibility ), or they feel Gaither offers better value as a second rounder then the available tackles would in round 1

If somethinglike this happens, I would totally be on board with the #9 being a defensive player like Carlos Dunlap or Derrick Morgan, bigger ends who would look real good at RE in the 3-4........#9 is way too high for Dan Williams.

I agree that Dan williams would be a reach at 9 . Just throwing some scenerios out there

24 year old monster LT for a 2nd round pick hell I would throw in a 5th or a 6th in addition to the 2nd. If the Ravens are truly set on trading this guy away the Bills need to be on the horn. If I was Nix I would say hey Gather is young enough to be a draft choice so trading away a 2nd and a late or mid round pick for him is like drafting him.

I think that this move really makes us much more flexible at pick 9 with LT sealed up we can take a QB, NT, or McLain and then with our 3rd round pick go after a RT. This is a great move to be made Mr.Nix if the Ravens want a extra late round pick or a mid round pick next year do it we need a LT and we can't be drafting for a LT at pick 9 because Buluga or Okung aren't likely to be there.

Although if Buluga is there at pick 9 I would say take him just imagine a line like this

Gather

Levitre

Hangartner or Mawae

Wood

Buluga

After assigning him just a first-round tender, the Ravens are believed to be willing to move restricted free agent LT Jared Gaither.

Gaither would've gotten the first- and third-round tender if the Ravens were truly intent on keeping him. The Ravens want to move Michael Oher to left tackle. The Baltimore Sun suggests four possible destinations for Gaither: San Francisco, Indianapolis, Dallas, and Seattle. Teams targeting Gaither could probably work out a deal for less than the first-round pick.

Source: Baltimore Sun

Sorry, I'm not buying it. That is a guess by the Baltimore Sun, and frankly not a very good guess. They have two terrific tackles, and the sensational RT played LT for a few games and didn't do very well though he was not horrible. So ... definitely they want to move the RT to LT. Right.

Also, you misquoted the article which NEVER says that Gaither is available or that they are believed to be willing to move him. It just never says that.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/rav...de_gaither.html

Dunlap is big enough for a 3 - 4 DE, but Morgan just isn't. But DE is way down the list, because Stroud and Kyle Williams will make pretty solid DEs.

Sorry, I'm not buying it. That is a guess by the Baltimore Sun, and frankly not a very good guess. They have two terrific tackles, and the sensational RT played LT for a few games and didn't do very well though he was not horrible. So ... definitely they want to move the RT to LT. Right.

Also, you misquoted the article which NEVER says that Gaither is available or that they are believed to be willing to move him. It just never says that.

clearly as a restricted free agent he is somewhat available ....The writer is saying in his opinion the Ravens would not be looking for first round pick to get it done.

Who cares if the guy turns out to be good? I couldn't give two sh#%s about what some douchebag "mock drafters" think. If he is slated to go in the teens and we draft him at #9 and he proves to be a good NT, then who cares if we could have gotten better "value"?

He didn't misquote the article. Rotoworld did.

Rotoworld takes a legitimate piece of reporting and tries to spice it up a bit.

Gaither is solid when he plays but seems to get hurt a lot

I would love to hear from the idiots on the board who said over and over that Oher couldnt play LT even though he did just that when Gaither was hurt last year

Sorry, I'm not buying it. That is a guess by the Baltimore Sun, and frankly not a very good guess. They have two terrific tackles, and the sensational RT played LT for a few games and didn't do very well though he was not horrible. So ... definitely they want to move the RT to LT."

Ozzie knows his stuff and I think that if he really didnt want him to leave itd a been a 1st n 3rd tender like what most teams do and wanna work out a long term deal etc. Now maybe they know somethin bout his health others, which in that case due diligence should be done...but pickin him up with a 2nd and maybe a saftey(donte if reed really retires) and gettin gaither and a late round in return seems pretty reasonable. I think so anyway