A Bills Team That Could Compete

Because we still need help at LT, we haven't resigned Incognito or his replacement, we need a NT, and w/o Porter or someone proven off the edge at olb to rush the QB I don't see the defense bringing enough pressure.

That team of scrubs that you listed is not winning anything. Trent Edwards is not servicable, he's horrible. Brohm is not going to be anything more than a pipe dream. There is no 2nd or 3rd WR that is proven. We have no quality starting OT's. On defense, we took a very good one gap DT (where he's played his entire career and in college) and you think he can just switch to a 2 gap 5 technique end? Mitchell has failed more than once on the inside and makes more plays on twitter than he does on the field. Poz can't take on a block and now he has only 3 covered in front of him? Maybin is and will continue to be a bust. Schobel will struggle to play in space and he's not even sure if he wants to let the Bills torture him anymore. Our secondary is deep and pretty solid and Florence is better than McKelvin BTW. So how are the Bills supposed to compete again...health?

That team of scrubs that you listed is not winning anything. Trent Edwards is not servicable, he's horrible. Brohm is not going to be anything more than a pipe dream. There is no 2nd or 3rd WR that is proven. We have no quality starting OT's. On defense, we took a very good one gap DT (where he's played his entire career and in college) and you think he can just switch to a 2 gap 5 technique end? Mitchell has failed more than once on the inside and makes more plays on twitter than he does on the field. Poz can't take on a block and now he has only 3 covered in front of him? Maybin is and will continue to be a bust. Schobel will struggle to play in space and he's not even sure if he wants to let the Bills torture him anymore. Our secondary is deep and pretty solid and Florence is better than McKelvin BTW. So how are the Bills supposed to compete again...health?

I agree with most of what you just said. The situation is not ideal by any means. Ideally I'd want a legit 3-4 end and a veteran wr2 (rather have a wr1 and let evans be wr2, but I digress) and I don't like Mitchell as a long term solution to ILB either. I'm looking at how we could make the best out of a bad situation. I could flip a coin btwn Florence and McKelvin but the latter has more upside.

Being so quick to judge Brohm seems a little premature.

WR2: Hardy - are you freakin kidding me?

why is everyone putting Wood at Center? Hangartner is still under contract and was signed to play Center so why make a hole at RG when you suggest moving Wood to Center? Hangartner was probably the Bills most steady lineman last year...that isnt saying much but why move him and not even suggest him in the starting 5?

the Bills will be a sub .500 team again next year and probably for years to come

Hangartner was one of the Bills worst lineman last season. In fact, some website made up some stat and he was the center in the league last season. yes in the ENTIRE league! Wood is moving to center because Hangartner is so dang bad we would rather have a hole at G than him starting any longer!

Hangartner was one of the Bills worst lineman last season. In fact, some website made up some stat and he was the center in the league last season. yes in the ENTIRE league! Wood is moving to center because Hangartner is so dang bad we would rather have a hole at G than him starting any longer!

Great research. "some website made up some stat"?

I though he was decent last season. Not great but decent.

Consider that he but played inbetween two rookies and after Wood went down he played next to McKinney, then a semi-retired Simmons, and the Incognito.

Do you think that may have had something to do with it?

Don't expect the SB this year but with a few good moves, a decent draft, and proper utilization of what we have on D the team might just be watchable this year.

This offense wouldn't exactly rival the "Greatest Show on Turf" but could provide some consistency and put some points on the board.

QB: Edwards/Brohm/mid round rookie (with time to throw and practice one of these guys should be at least serviceable)

RB: Fred Jackson

TE: Nelson/Shouman

WR1: Evans

WR2: Hardy

WR3: Johnson/Parrish

A veteran WR would be really helpful to make this scenario work if Hardy and/or Johnson don't pan out.

LT: Rookie (Preferably our 1st rd pick)

LG: Levitre

C: Wood (if healthy)

RG: Incognito

RT: Bell/Meredith/Rookie

Simmons and Hangartner should give us some depth.

The defense could be something special

RE: Kyle Williams

NT: 2nd Rd Rookie or vet like Williams/Rogers

LE: Stroud

That front 3 would eat up some blockers.

ROLB: Schoebel

RILB: Mitchell

LILB: Poz

LOLB: Joey Porter/Maybin

Admittedly some ?s on the LBs but they could definitely put some pressure on opposing QBs. Should use some later picks to shore up depth.

CB: Mcgee

CB: Mckelvin

FS: Byrd

SS: Wilson

Solid secondary with a ton of depth.

The season just ended right there.

Don't expect the SB this year but with a few good moves, a decent draft, and proper utilization of what we have on D the team might just be watchable this year.

This offense wouldn't exactly rival the "Greatest Show on Turf" but could provide some consistency and put some points on the board.

QB: Edwards/Brohm/mid round rookie (with time to throw and practice one of these guys should be at least serviceable)

A veteran WR would be really helpful to make this scenario work if Hardy and/or Johnson don't pan out.

Admittedly some ?s on the LBs but they could definitely put some pressure on opposing QBs. Should use some later picks to shore up depth.

I believe your right.

WR2: Hardy - are you freakin kidding me?

why is everyone putting Wood at Center? Hangartner is still under contract and was signed to play Center so why make a hole at RG when you suggest moving Wood to Center? Hangartner was probably the Bills most steady lineman last year...that isnt saying much but why move him and not even suggest him in the starting 5?

the Bills will be a sub .500 team again next year and probably for years to come

What have you seen that makes you believe Hardy can not.

I can't argue with a possible injury but that is the only reason you could back up. At least the other poster can use his size and coolege career which isn't very strong either. The only way to know is to put them on the field. What do you think they mean when they say we need to see what we have. One of the things the Bills have failed at is getting players on the field so they can develope just look around the league and see how many Bills that "sucked" are starting or at least contributing on other teams. Wait till you see Josh Reed on a good team. Almost all Biletnikoff winners have gone on to be dominant recievers some of them have been inconsistent but most are good. That's Reed not Hardy.

I'm not sure, but would Tom Brady in the 6th round be considered "Mid-Round" or "Late-Round?"

Where was Kurt Warner drafted?

And when was the last time the Bills scored with a late rounder like that? I guess UDFA Jason Peters would be the last time and the Bills certainly screwed that one up.

The defense could be something special ? Surely , you jest! Williams avg. at best. ,NT ??? shaky,POZ slow and avg., Schobel.. out of position, Porter ??? Maybin ??? Your scenario really doesn't do anything for me.