Don't worry about the lack of name players

Did anyone here think we were really going to get guys like Peppers, Dansby, or Boldin or any other big name out there for trade or free agency? Its all about finding the right players who would be willing to come here. If in 3 weeks we have filled a few holes on the front 7 and made some smart acquisitions along the Offensive side of the ball and free up a few positions that we don't have to spend picks on I say thats a good job.

Players the Bills should target

Joey Porter (The biggest name on the list but honestly he is an aging defender coming off a so so year but fits our scheme and is going to have a vendetta against the Fins)

Jarvis Green (Vet 3-4 DE with a few years in the tank, aging and more of a role player could be had at a modest price)

Akin Ayodele (3-4 Line backer cut from the Fins could easily be had for a modest price add depth to the ILB scheme also push Mitchel and Poz for the starting spots)

Jamal Williams (Another name player but is coming off a injury plagued year and is at an age that really concerns people)

On the offense

Jake Delhome (Stop gap one or two year guy seems like a good teacher type to a guy like Brohm or draft choice vet who will bring a professional presence to the position)

Chris Chambers (A little old and inconsistent production but is a chance the Bills could afford to take)

Ben Watson (A guy who could tandem with Nelson)

Kevin Mawae (Put him between Levitre and Wood real solid teacher who still has something left in the tank)

All of these types of players are going to be available for a little while longer. So hold tight even if the Bills get only half of these players they will have made improvements to the team while still having the draft to build the team with.

Did anyone here think we were really going to get guys like Peppers, Dansby, or Boldin or any other big name out there for trade or free agency? Its all about finding the right players who would be willing to come here. If in 3 weeks we have filled a few holes on the front 7 and made some smart acquisitions along the Offensive side of the ball and free up a few positions that we don't have to spend picks on I say thats a good job.

Joey Porter (The biggest name on the list but honestly he is an aging defender coming off a so so year but fits our scheme and is going to have a vendetta against the Fins)

Jarvis Green (Vet 3-4 DE with a few years in the tank, aging and more of a role player could be had at a modest price)

Akin Ayodele (3-4 Line backer cut from the Fins could easily be had for a modest price add depth to the ILB scheme also push Mitchel and Poz for the starting spots)

Jamal Williams (Another name player but is coming off a injury plagued year and is at an age that really concerns people)

On the offense

Jake Delhome (Stop gap one or two year guy seems like a good teacher type to a guy like Brohm or draft choice vet who will bring a professional presence to the position)

Chris Chambers (A little old and inconsistent production but is a chance the Bills could afford to take)

Kevin Mawae (Put him between Levitre and Wood real solid teacher who still has something left in the tank)

All of these types of players are going to be available for a little while longer. So hold tight even if the Bills get only half of these players they will have made improvements to the team while still having the draft to build the team with.

Jake Delhomme is a hot mess dude...do not want

True, we would rather stick with Edwards instead of a guy who was a close shave from a SB win, made another NFC Title game. Sad as it is, Jake IS an upgrade to what we currently have.

Totally don't want Jake Delhomme or Kevin Mawae, both are damaged goods at this point in their careers. But you are correct, the rest of those names would be great additions to our squad. I'd also throw in the names Levi Jones and Adam Terry. They'd give us instant starters on both the LT and RT spots and allow us some flexibility with our first rounder.

On the offense

You were doing fine until Jake Delhome. Would rather play Edwards or Fitz.

Almost al of your picks have one or two years left. I like renting Porter. I think Green would help. Would prefer a LB like Foote.

Still need a vet OT. Pickings are slim.

Watson and Nelson at TE? Who would block?

I disagree. He had one awful , terrible , dreadful year , but again , its was just one year. I say sign him to a 2-3 year incentive-laden contract and see if a fresh start on a new team can somewhat revitalize his career and provide stability at the QB position , until we draft Locker next year , and then serve as a mentor/backup. If not , stabilize the lines , plug in a few role players , then throw Brohm out there and see if he can play.

Every fan who thinks high profile free agents won't come to Buffalo because of the weather is in denial. They won't go to Buffalo for the following reasons:

1. Buffalo is in full on rebuild mode.

2. The team doesn't want high profile free agents and aren't offering these guys contracts or scheduling visits.

The Bills are in spend less mode and not trying to be a playoff team in 2010. If it miraculously happens, so be it. But they're hoping to be good 3-4 years from now. This places a huge onus on the amateur scouting department to find instant starters.

You were doing fine until Jake Delhome. Would rather play Edwards or Fitz.

Almost al of your picks have one or two years left. I like renting Porter. I think Green would help. Would prefer a LB like Foote.

Still need a vet OT. Pickings are slim.

Watson and Nelson at TE? Who would block?

Ayodle is a 3-4 MLB who can spot play at OLB. He is going to be 31 at the end of the season so he would have 2 years left realistically. That guy would really deepen our Linebacking core. He was the guy on my list that would play the role that you want fit. As for all of them only having a year or two left yeah that's why the Bills would be able to land them at a reasonable price.

i think guys coming in to be stop gaps and tutuoring young players is not a great motivator for them to come to the Bills. Unless they are thinking about becoming coaches after they retire and are only in it for the $ now.

Every fan who thinks high profile free agents won't come to Buffalo because of the weather is in denial. They won't go to Buffalo for the following reasons:

1. Buffalo is in full on rebuild mode. :lol:

2. The team doesn't want high profile free agents and aren't offering these guys contracts or scheduling visits.

The Bills are in spend less mode and not trying to be a playoff team in 2010. If it miraculously happens, so be it. But they're hoping to be good 3-4 years from now. This places a huge onus on the amateur scouting department to find instant starters.

Mr. Wilson blew up the entire coaching staff and the team is in full rebuilding mode.

Don't expect big named free agents, think cheap in every aspect.

It almost makes me wonder if the Bills will trade out of the #9 spot to get more picks considering they need so many positions filled, it is also less expensive to do that.

Mr. Wilson blew up the entire coaching staff and the team is in full rebuilding mode.

Don't expect big named free agents, think cheap in every aspect.

It almost makes me wonder if the Bills will trade out of the #9 spot to get more picks considering they need so many positions filled, it is also less expensive to do that.

I was thinking pretty cheap with my targets. I don't think any of these guys I mentioned are going to cost that much money. Jamal Williams is coming off an injury and is really old so a 2 year 4 or 5 million dollar deal would do it. Joey Porter coming off a so so year and is getting up there, he is likely to take a modest offer of 3 years 12 million which is like 4 million a year. Also Akin Ayodle should take a 3 years 8 million dollar offer. Jarvis Green shouldn't come at more then a 3.5 million dollar a year offer.

So

Ayodle- 3 million

Jamal Williams- 2.5 million

Joey Porter= 4 million

Green- 3.5

Which totals up to a 13 million dollar addition to the payroll. Now if we cut Kelsay, McCargo, and trade Whitner well we have almost saved that amount right there.

As far as offense Delhome and Coles won't cost us more then TO and Reed cost us. We can also cut Roscoe Parrish to save up more money and maybe pay for the defensive and draft additions.