Is money the only object?

judman

Or is it just that hard to convince players to come to Buffalo?

Who in the hell would want to come to Buffalo? Until they show a commitment to something other than substandard mediocrity, the only players this franchise will be competing for are the dregs with teams like Oakland and Detroit.

:wallbash:

Who in the hell would want to come to Buffalo? Until they show a commitment to something other than substandard mediocrity, the only players this franchise will be competing for are the dregs with teams like Oakland and Detroit.

:wallbash:

Unfortunately, I think you're absolutely right. Do we have a city that everyone wants to live in? No. Do we have coaches that everyone wants to play for? No. Do we have an owner that people want to play for - a guy that'll throw around lots of cash? No. Do we have a history of winning on the field? No.

...I just don't see what we can offer that'd make a free agent choose Buffalo over other options other than maybe playing time.

Some teams will say the object is to be fiscally responsible and play the wait and see game WRT a potential lockout. That's understandable, but for a franchise 0 fer 10 in playoff appearances, the lack of a sense of urgency is alarming. Apparently the team believes fans will come back in droves because the team is here. I'm not certain that the plan is anything but trying to be profitable.

A team's historical results on the field matter. To some fans more than others.

Some teams will say the object is to be fiscally responsible and play the wait and see game WRT a potential lockout. That's understandable, but for a franchise 0 fer 10 in playoff appearances, the lack of a sense of urgency is alarming. Apparently the team believes fans will come back in droves because the team is here. I'm not certain that the plan is anything but trying to be profitable.

I have been following this team since about 1965. and I will always be a fan.

I don't see a lack of urgency, I see a lack of leadership and very poor management at the top of the organization. The regime has changed from Butler/Phillips to Donahoe/Williams, to Donahoe/Mularkey, to Levy/Brandon/Jauron, to Brandon/Jauron.

The results:

- one winning season,

- no playoffs,

- 5 losing coaches

- very few pro-bowlers,

- no QBs developed,

- bad drafts that continuually replace ther same positions, and

- coaching systems constantly changing and causing more turnover.

Urgency without a plan and without the know-how to execute it is a dangerous thing.

But if they are a big enough name, we can give them the key to the city :lol:

Seriously, you can count on one of these threads at least once a week re: why Buffalo sucks and noone wants to play or coach for our team...blah blah blah.

I really don't know how each year the only teams staffed with real players are Miami, Dallas, San Diego, New York and Boston?

Yet, somehow we persevere and field a team with actual professional football players and coaches.

BillsVet I do not always agree with your negative tone. But I completely agree with you saying that the lack of any sense of urgency is alarming. How do we plan on getting better? This is a team that has consistently been one of the NFL's worst for the past decade. I have heard nothing from anyone at OneBillsDrive about any plan whatsoever to move this team forward. Is there a plan? If there is, I would sure like to know from someone in charge. Give us some idea of what kind of team we are trying to put together. I am not sure anyone in the front office or coaching staff even knows.

BillsVet I do not always agree with your negative tone. But I completely agree with you saying that the lack of any sense of urgency is alarming. How do we plan on getting better? This is a team that has consistently been one of the NFL's worst for the past decade. I have heard nothing from anyone at OneBillsDrive about any plan whatsoever to move this team forward. Is there a plan? If there is, I would sure like to know from someone in charge. Give us some idea of what kind of team we are trying to put together. I am not sure anyone in the front office or coaching staff even knows.

I did not expect them to sign Peppers, Dansby, or any of the other name RFA's. It's not in their organizational DNA to do so and spend cap dollars on imported players. Many GM's readily admit spending big in free agency is the penalty for drafting poorly.

Yet, somehow we persevere and field a team with actual professional football players and coaches.

We also have a persisting presence in the discussion about which franchises might be relocated.