A lot of chatter on Whitners Twitter page

I never hated Whitner, I do wonder why I bought his jersey though. I hate the scouts who made that pick. However I hated them long before Whitner, and I have continued to hate them with good reason. He will always be associated with the pick though...

I purchased a Whitner #36 jersey at Laux, for $5.99! :rolleyes:

Get over it...he has been in the leauge three years, on a horrendous team... he had a decent rookie season... the Bills have never really had adequate personal to run the Tampa two defense, so yeah, Whitner was not going to look good all the time... people get mad because he guaranteed a playoff appearance, that never happened, what an unforgiveable sin, trying to rally a team with no pulse... not his fault the Bills picked him higher than he should have been... the way people here hammer on this kid is crazy...

+1

The Whitner hatred on this board is pathetic.

Im afraid to ask, but for who?

Brady Quinn QB of course! (Just a guess) Anyways, D. Whitner talks too much to begin with...You probably remember his popular prediction that the Bills were going to the playoffs in 2008!!! He made some other idiotic statement last year, but it was so stupid I can't even remember it! He needs to keep his mouth shut and play football for the first time in a few years!!

I had high expectations for him, and I don't know if it is because he is immature, lazy, or not capable of understanding film study and a NFL playbook....But he's coming dangerously close to being a bust! Please shove yourself in a suitcase and head off to Cleveland Donte ! :rolleyes:

Get over it...he has been in the leauge three years, on a horrendous team... he had a decent rookie season... the Bills have never really had adequate personal to run the Tampa two defense, so yeah, Whitner was not going to look good all the time... people get mad because he guaranteed a playoff appearance, that never happened, what an unforgiveable sin, trying to rally a team with no pulse... not his fault the Bills picked him higher than he should have been... the way people here hammer on this kid is crazy...

Some people do hammer the poor guy, but this bolded line is the lamest, yet most often repeated defense of Whitner's performance.

Does any player "chose" to be picked where he is?

Does any player NOT wish to be picked in the first round?

Does any first round pick think he did NOT belong in the first round?

Does anyone here think all posters would be uniformly hailing the career of Whitner to this point (he finished the season on the bench!) if he was picked in, say, the 3rd round instead of the first?? NO!!! Of course not.

It's a silly argument---it is absolutely meaningless.

Some people do hammer the poor guy, but this bolded line is the lamest, yet most often repeated defense of Whitner's performance.

Does any player "chose" to be picked where he is?

Does any player NOT wish to be picked in the first round?

Does any first round pick think he did NOT belong in the first round?

Does anyone here think all posters would be uniformly hailing the career of Whitner to this point (he finished the season on the bench!) if he was picked in, say, the 3rd round instead of the first?? NO!!! Of course not.

It's a silly argument---it is absolutely meaningless.

I agree, 100%, it is pathetic. It is only used, because, in criticizing him, people always harp on the fact that he was picked #8...you are doing the same thing. :thumbsup: