chetsap reporting Cromartie to Jets for 2 or 3...in 2011.

yeah I know you will all say "but we are already good in the secondary" blah blah blah.......but ask yourself this: do you honestly think ANY WR getting ready to play the Bills looks at his matchup and says "darn, I'm in for a tough game". No, no they do not. I know Cromo can't tackle worth a damn, but he's a far superior cover guy than anyone we currently have. I'd make a play involving Lynch....

yeah I know you will all say "but we are already good in the secondary" blah blah blah.......but ask yourself this: do you honestly think ANY WR getting ready to play the Bills looks at his matchup and says "darn, I'm in for a tough game". No, no they do not. I know Cromo can't tackle worth a damn, but he's a far superior cover guy than anyone we currently have. I'd make a play involving Lynch....

just got a text from espn via adam schefter saying the trade was done for a 3rd in 2011.

and you think Lynch comes anywhere close to being worth the same as a 2nd or 3rd round pick

Lynch doesnt have any value, why cant you people understand that

and if Cromartie is so good why are the Chargers trading him?

Lynch does have value just not as much as some wish. As for Cromartie the reason SD is letting him go is because of that lame attempt at a tackle which iced the game for the Jets. As a cover CB though, he's far better than anyone on the Bills.

Yes I've seen him play. He's made more plays in his best season than any guy we have in their entire careers. I think he could use a change of scenery. I know he's a B word when it comes to tackling, but he would have been a great addition in the coverage department.

Lynch does have value just not as much as some wish. As for Cromartie the reason SD is letting him go is because of that lame attempt at a tackle which iced the game for the Jets. As a cover CB though, he's far better than anyone on the Bills.

Only the Bills would cut a quality player based on one play. Cromartie is over rated. I would trust AJ Smith over anyone the Jets have...

How many chargers games have you actually WATCHED?

I'd take McGee, McKelvin AND Florence over him in a heartbeat. Add the fact that you're gonna have to pay him a big contract AND give up a pick. PASS

Yes I've seen him play. He's made more plays in his best season than any guy we have in their entire careers. I think he could use a change of scenery. I know he's a B word when it comes to tackling, but he would have been a great addition in the coverage department.

NO

Tackling in the NFL is so overrated anyways

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Get ready for a couple pick6's against us by Cromartie this year. You will see.

So let me get this straight....Just because you think Cromartie will get a couple pick 6s against us this year, we dropped the ball by not making the trade, even though secondary is our biggest strength and we were 2nd in the league last year vs the pass?

I could get 2 pick six's vs us. and so could you,

The only reason our secondary was ranked that high is because of how bad we were vs the run. Not really saying we dropped the ball though, the Jets have a much better front 7 to mask Cromarties tackling "ability". I do believe though that Cromartie would have made our secondary a very good unit, instead of a better than average but slightly overrated unit that they currently are.