Anthony Davis

Amstel

OT Anthony Davis, Rutgers*

Known to abhor the weight room at Rutgers and rely far too much on his natural ability, Davis showed up at the Combine looking sloppy-bodied and overweight. At 323 pounds, he clocked above 5.4 in the 40 on some watches and managed only 21 reps of 225 pounds, the fewest of any of the top four tackles who grade out the highest in the draft on tape. Known for consistently being late and not being accountable in college, Davis demonstrated his immaturity during interviews.

Sorry if this was posted already.

Known to abhor the weight room at Rutgers and rely far too much on his natural ability, Davis showed up at the Combine looking sloppy-bodied and overweight. At 323 pounds, he clocked above 5.4 in the 40 on some watches and managed only 21 reps of 225 pounds, the fewest of any of the top four tackles who grade out the highest in the draft on tape. Known for consistently being late and not being accountable in college, Davis demonstrated his immaturity during interviews.

Pass don't' need that ****.

From the same article: I have read mutiple reports quoting the same things with former Syracuse WR Mike Williams:

WR Mike Williams, Syracuse*

Entering the draft early after having had to sit out the 2008 season due to academics and having quit the Orange squad midway through his junior campaign, Williams came into the Combine with mighty questions to answer. Instead of coming clean with coaches and executives who questioned his motives, he continually talked in circles, refused to own up to his mistakes and was left being compared to Maurice Clarett from a maturity and intelligence standpoint by one GM who suffered through the interview. Producing a Combine WR-worst eight reps in the 225-pound bench-press test, despite being one of the three heaviest receivers at the event, also did nothing to convince executives that he works as hard as he claims or that football is important to him.

This guy is loaded with talent and a 10 cent brain. Very unfortunate.

Sounds like he helped himself to the buffet.

Maybe Buddy will change his view of the value of the combine before he goes forward and drafts this man.

Never got the Davis hype and I hate guys who have "motivation issues." If the idea of millions of dollars can't get you motivated, why would you be more motivated with millions in your bank account?

and for all this talk about upside, I expected a decent athlete. Davis looked very sloppy and Bulaga looked like a better athlete and he's not a great one himself. I just pray that Bulaga is there when we pick. Give me the "finished" project over the "potential stud" every time. And Bulaga is only 20 years old still.

Well, it looks like, hopefully, he won't be a Bill.

Sounds like he helped himself to the buffet.

Maybe Buddy will change his view of the value of the combine before he goes forward and drafts this man.

I think people take things too literally when Buddy says that college production is all that matters. Things like, weight, attitude and health that are gathered at the combine matter. I believe he's said that the interviews are important. What I believe he means about the combine is that if a guy has a slow forty or looks bad in other drills it won't affect his opinion if the guy is a stud on film. JMO

IIRC, this was the John Butler and Bill Polian method.

If this is even 10% accurate is doesn't sound good. The Bills can't afford to whiff on this pick. I'm strongly recommending the Bills draft a tackle and I hope they get the right one.

BillsGuy is right - we cannot whiff here. With guys like Bell on the roster, we can't afford a mistake here.

Bills left tackle Demetrius Bell was dead last in PBP (Pass Blocking) rating. In eight games, ProFootballFocus.com charged Bell with five sacks, seven QB hits and 18 pressures. Bell also was one of the most penalized players in the NFL before an injury ended his season at Week 13.

most likely we won't have much choice of OT at #9. whoever's left between Okung (not likely), Bulaga, Davis, and Williams. Campbell will prob be there, but seems like a reach at 9.

I'd like to see Bulaga get the pick, but he's been moving up it seems.

The only reason Mike Williams quit the team at Syracuse is because he was about to be thrown off. He didn't want to leave and he has a $0.05 head. Giving him a ten cent head is giving him too much credit.

Interesting...the rumor from inside the team I had heard was he quit the team because he had some people advising him to quit the team, because they weren't going anywhere and they thought it best for him to avoid any possibility of injury.

I'd be very happy with Trent Williams- He was the 1st or 2nd rated OT and then down rated on concerns that he lacked some athletic ability when he moved to LT in his senior year- in the beginning of the year he had a lot of nagging injuries that he played through ( I always laugh, we want these athletes to play through injury and if they do and don't play as well we down rate them)- I think at the combine in the measured events and position drills he showed enough athletic ability to be a LT- reminds me a bit of a little bigger Ruben Brown, he's played RT, LT, and C (due to injuries on the team)in college so in an emergency he could play anywhere on the line.

I really don't want Davis (or Campbell for that matter). Bulagua seems to me like a poor man's Jake Long, which would be just fine for me.

As far as th combine goes Cambell looked great and Ilike his attitude, but I am concerned with his medical history.

The new management said early on their not going to chase one year wonders. They're going to get guys who have been successful in college and successful in high school. To me, this rules out Davis and Campbell and puts our fucus on guys like Bulaga and T. Williams.

I'm wondering aloud if this means we're more interested in McCoy and Tebow than even Bradford. What would be the feeling if we went Bulaga/Tebow? I have no strong conviction about Tebow either way, but I'm sure his selection would make the great Russ Brandon happy.

If Davis drops into 2nd because of character issues, I might pick him, but it seems now that the only choice at #9 will be Trent Williams, because Okung and Bulaga will likely be gone. Better study on on Trent, Buddy. He is definitely a great athlete and versatile.

Anybody watch him much this year? I only saw a couple games and he looked good. Of course, Anthony Davis looked even better, so it's sad to see these issues emerge over his dedication.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/03/0...ners-and-losers

OLB Sean Weatherspoon, Missouri

For as well as Weatherspoon worked out on the field and for as much as his "character" is praised within the Missouri program, he has turned off a number of decision makers just as much with his outlandish, look-at-me, loudmouth personality and has been criticized for worrying too much about his image and post-football career aspirations before he has accomplished anything in the National Football League. "He never shuts up," one top executive said. "He was the loudest guy in the room for the bench press. He gives me a headache. I think he is full of (it). It's all about himself. I don't want him in my locker room."

I don't completely agree with this article though, how can you list Sean Weatherspoon as a "slider". From everything I read he's moving up draft boards because he blew up the LB drills. All the post combine mocks have him in the middle of the first round now when before most had him going to New Orleans with the last pick in the first round. This guy list him as a "slider"

because he was vocal during some of the drills? Last time I checked there were plenty of LBs in the NFL (Ray Lewis for example) who are extremely vocal guys. That's why I take all these type of Articles with a grain of salt, seems like the author might take one guys opinion to be the opinion of every GM in the NFL. Guess we'll find out in April.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/03/0...ners-and-losers

OLB Sean Weatherspoon, Missouri

For as well as Weatherspoon worked out on the field and for as much as his "character" is praised within the Missouri program, he has turned off a number of decision makers just as much with his outlandish, look-at-me, loudmouth personality and has been criticized for worrying too much about his image and post-football career aspirations before he has accomplished anything in the National Football League. "He never shuts up," one top executive said. "He was the loudest guy in the room for the bench press. He gives me a headache. I think he is full of (it). It's all about himself. I don't want him in my locker room."

I don't completely agree with this article though, how can you list Sean Weatherspoon as a "slider". From everything I read he's moving up draft boards because he blew up the LB drills. All the post combine mocks have him in the middle of the first round now when before most had him going to New Orleans with the last pick in the first round. This guy list him as a "slider"

because he was vocal during some of the drills? Last time I checked there were plenty of LBs in the NFL (Ray Lewis for example) who are extremely vocal guys. That's why I take all these type of Articles with a grain of salt, seems like the author might take one guys opinion to be the opinion of every GM in the NFL. Guess we'll find out in April.

There's a difference between good vocal and bad vocal. I wasn't there so I don't know but it sounds like the scout believes it's bad vocal.

If Davis drops into 2nd because of character issues, I might pick him, but it seems now that the only choice at #9 will be Trent Williams, because Okung and Bulaga will likely be gone. Better study on on Trent, Buddy. He is definitely a great athlete and versatile.

Anybody watch him much this year? I only saw a couple games and he looked good. Of course, Anthony Davis looked even better, so it's sad to see these issues emerge over his dedication.

I could see Williams going ahead of Bulaga. He is about the same size and ran his 40 in 4.8 sec more or less.

Also showed good technique and came from a big time program. Probably has more upside than Bulaga.