Eating "real" food

Fezmid

Visit your frozen foods department and you can find "real food" that is minutes from your plate. These are not your momma's Swanson frozen dinners. Green Giant and Bird's Eye have really advanced the art of freezing fresh vegetables. And Bertolli makes some of the best Italian entrees you can find, even from a restaurant.

I still make dinners from scratch but today's frozen options have come a long way. They are convenient, tasty and fairly healthy if you pick the right ones.

PTR

Visit your frozen foods department and you can find "real food" that is minutes from your plate. These are not your momma's Swanson frozen dinners. Green Giant and Bird's Eye have really advanced the art of freezing fresh vegetables. And Bertolli makes some of the best Italian entrees you can find, even from a restaurant.

I still make dinners from scratch but today's frozen options have come a long way. They are convenient, tasty and fairly healthy if you pick the right ones.

PTR

I'm pretty sure any of those boxed foods are going to be processed though.... Do you have examples to the contrary? Just because it's tasty and better than Swanson frozen dinners doesn't make it non-processed and "real" (based on the articles' definition).

PTR

But HUGE in sodium

On another note, Gov Patterson now wants to tax all food seen as junk at a rate of 25% to help people eat better. Or maybe it is just another tax to generate revenue. How can we tax people for breathing?

But HUGE in sodium

This.

The sodium content in virtually all frozen and canned foods is off the charts. You don't have to go overboard like the chick in the link; just spend more time in the produce section and don't walk down the canned/frozen food aisles.

On another note, Gov Patterson now wants to tax all food seen as junk at a rate of 25% to help people eat better. Or maybe it is just another tax to generate revenue. How can we tax people for breathing?

I can't wait to see how the government "helps people eat better" by taxing them more. <_<

I can't wait to see how the government "helps people eat better" by taxing them more. <_<

.It was on the local news but I can't find it on their site. Some study showed if you taxed ie potato chips by up to 50%. people wouldn't buy them, or if they did, the state collected the taxes. Similar to taxes on smoking

Don't forget all gov't's are starvng for cash and are going to come with all kinds of ideas to generate more cash