Anyone think Whaley suggested the non re-signs?

Agreed. I think Whaley has great potential as a GM and hope that he takes over for Nix in the near future. Nothing against Nix, I would just like to see Whaley pan out.

The whole reason he signed with the Bills was because he was told he will get the position when Nix Retires. He is basically there to work with Nix and learn a little more/gain some more experience and then get the job

Whaley very well might turn out to be the best hire this team has made over the past 20 years. Anyone who wanted an up and coming GM with youth on his side might have their prayers answered in this guy. Obviously too early to tell but Whaley has seen the right way on how to get things done and I would not be surprised if he was GM within 3 years.

He left the Steelers because he wanted to start building from the ground level so look for him to really make his mark on the Buffalo Bills over the next couple years. Hopefully he takes his knowledge that he has learned from others around him and turns out to be the diamond in the rough that Buffalo has been looking for since Polian left.

Agreed !! Now I would like to see Tom Modrak gone because I don't see where he has helped this team during his time with the club. Wouldn't he be considered deadweight...Maybe he is friends with either NIX or Whaley??? I just think he had a long unsuccesful stint with the Bills and should be released. Maybe, I'm wrong about that..I can't say that I know exactly what he does day to day...but as an organization there wasn't much success and he was right in the thick of it all !

I think reeds production, or lack there of, spoke for itself

Production != Stats.

Reed was plenty productive for Bills in run game blocking, getting balls when QB could throw them, etc.

I think it was age/injuries catching up, cap number, and they are doing what hey did with Andre Reed and let him check other teams before deciding

I heard from someone that knows Reed via charity work that Bills had discussions with him but later decided to let him test the market. I think it will come back to bite Bills.

Agreed to all the above. I like the fact a guy that spent 10 years seeing how a damn good franchise is ran, is coming in with NO ties whatso ever to our current players and cutting their worthless asses.

As for as TO is concerned, Revis called TO a Scrub I believe. Said he is really easy to defend one on one. The guy is done, he isn't worth the money and isn't that good anymore.

No he isn't good any more but Owens was R BEST Reciever last year so this means Evans really blows &

A Moronic Statement <_<

Whaley very well might turn out to be the best hire this team has made over the past 20 years. Anyone who wanted an up and coming GM with youth on his side might have their prayers answered in this guy. Obviously too early to tell but Whaley has seen the right way on how to get things done and I would not be surprised if he was GM within 3 years.

He left the Steelers because he wanted to start building from the ground level so look for him to really make his mark on the Buffalo Bills over the next couple years. Hopefully he takes his knowledge that he has learned from others around him and turns out to be the diamond in the rough that Buffalo has been looking for since Polian left.

I am not sure about the last 20 years, but Whaley is the only move that Ralph has made this off-season, so far. Part of the reason I like it, the guy is young, but with a solid history, and he was hired (hopefully) as a look toward the future, rather than out of necessity.

The release of Reed and TO definitely puts the pressure on Roscoe, Hardy and Johnson to make more meaningful contributions. I don't know if the Roscoe Trade will restart again?

The release of Reed and TO definitely puts the pressure on Roscoe, Hardy and Johnson to make more meaningful contributions. I don't know if the Roscoe Trade will restart again?

I'd rather have kept Josh Reed, and let Parrish go... if he goes to a team that needs him, and has some offensive stability, I bet Josh Reed puts up some great numbers...

Wasn't his production in the top 10 for the Bills all time for WR's?

He wasn't flashy and had previous problems with drops, but he was decent and a pretty goos 3rd/4th WR for the Bills

I agree, no way you want Reed as your #2 but as a 3rd/4th he has value- he might come back at a reduced salary- never understood the T.O. pickup from a football point of view- could of made sense if they were going to keep their Oline together and take a shot but they must have know they were going to make wholesale changes, all it did was stop us from evaluation of Steve Johnson.

The whole reason he signed with the Bills was because he was told he will get the position when Nix Retires. He is basically there to work with Nix and learn a little more/gain some more experience and then get the job

That's good news. I basically figured that was the plan but hadn't heard anything concrete.

Whaley is now in charge of pro player personnel which means not only does he sugges who to sign, but who not to including our own FA's. I would immagine Nix tasked him to not only look at upcoming FA's for Friday, but at our own roster as well and suggest to him who is worth keeping and who should be gone.

More cuts right after the draft wouldn't suprise me.

I think Whaley is busy enough looking at outside FAs that might fit in Buffalo. The current roster is being evaluated with a fine tooth comb by both Nix and Gailey and the assistant coaches. I think Gailey and company will have a huge say in who stays and who goes but Nix is ultimately in charge. I don't think Nix took this job to delegate mainly to Whaley, but Whaley's role in pro personnel is very important. Also, as assistant GM Nix may involve him in everything. But to be tasked to evaluate our own roster is a stretch and I think he is playing only a relatively small role in that, below Nix and Gailey.

That's good news. I basically figured that was the plan but hadn't heard anything concrete.

The word when they made the offer was that it was part of the deal, and the only way he was going to leave Pittsburgh. The GM in Pittsburgh is almost as young, and not going anywhere. Buffalos offer was the best option for him cause of Nix's age and that they wanted him as the 'GM of the future"

The word when they made the offer was that it was part of the deal, and the only way he was going to leave Pittsburgh. The GM in Pittsburgh is almost as young, and not going anywhere. Buffalos offer was the best option for him cause of Nix's age and that they wanted him as the 'GM of the future"

Ah, okay. I wasn't aware of Pittsburgh's situation, but it makes more sense now.

Nix better watch his back! :w00t:

Ckeckout my "Doug Whaley" thread from Feb 19!

Nix made his first Great move signing Doug Whaley away from the Steelers.

He going to make Buddy look very smart and may be the diamond in the ruff that has been missing since Bill Polian

was promoted to GM in the mid 80's. :w00t: