Terrance Cody is Fat and Lazy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The fat guys tend to have this problem.....

I guess its a good thing....well you know....that its not your team?

Terrance Cody was a force in college......and while I would like to have a 3 down player if would just take up blockers in the middle and allow our LB's to scrape and make plays then he is well worth a 2nd rounder.

I don't mind how he does in the drills. But if he was laughing and joking around, yeah, I think that's a bit questionable at the least.

From what I've heard, he has absolutely no work ethic. I don't care how he plays. If this guy doesn't work to get better, than he has no place on my team.

every coach hes ever been around has said the opposite -- is there something to the contrary you can point to? i know people say oh, fat, he must be lazy. from his highpoint of 420 to his weighin yesterday at 354 he has lost nearly 70 lbs --- cant be totally unmotivated or without work ethic.

question marks? yes.

absolutely no work ethic? clearly not true.

Well, if He is playing one of the most important positions in a 3-4 Defense. You judge on everything. He finished behind every NT. So that says something. He actually isn't the biggest guy at the draft either, but that guy beat Cody in most of the drills.

Who is that guy?

Hate to say it, but Cody is not the reason why Alabama won. I't takes a team to win a championship. One name that stands out as a MVP of that game is: Mark Ingram, but he ran behind a good line. I know that Cody was important, but I just think your looking at a bust. Not all NT's are lazy. I think Cam Thomas out of UNC is a better option in the 2nd. Some people say that NT's should be Big and fat. Sure, but the ones that are Good are the ones with fast feet, strong arms and good work ethics. Cody will be a 2 down player at best. Someone we don't need

Lazy people don't go from 410 to 354. They fat ones gain weight. The muscular ones lose it.

Yeah, it really suck to get the guy who was the main reason Alabama won a national championship. Anyone who selects him in the late 1st round or 2nd is getting a steal. He's fat but so are most DTs. He is a freak for his size and will immediately impact any run defense. I hope Nix is smart enough to take him if he is hanging around near our 2nd pick.

And how will you feel if he's out of the league three years later with destroyed knees and weighing 430 on Monday and 431 on Tuesday?

I'm not saying this will happen, but it's something you really have to think about when you think about picking Cody.

Lazy people don't go from 410 to 354. They fat ones gain weight. The muscular ones lose it.

So which is Cody? First he gained weight all the way up to 410 as a high school kid. Fat one. He lost weight from 410 to 354 in his senior year. Muscular one. Then he gained weight in one month from 354 to 370 at the Senior Bowl. Fat one. Then he lost weight from 370 to 356 at the Combine. Muscular one.

That's a pattern, and it is called weight fluctuations, and it is not a good sign at all.

Man, I hope The Bills don't get this guy. I was watching the NFL Combine and saw that He was at the bottom of every drill. Not only that, the way he talked and laughed while other people were doing drills was pathetic. I don't know, if it were me and I was at the bottom of every drill, I wouldn't be laughing and thinking this was nothing to be serious about. Some mock drafts have him going in the second. I wouldn't take him in the seventh. He looked really bad. I hope the Bills do not get him.

I think we have a tendency to over emphasize the combine. The combine does demonstrate a players ability to play the game. The film and tape does. I would much rather see how a player actually played in the games. I think thats more indicative of what to expect. When it comes to the combine I would ask

- Will the player that lifts the most reps be the best pro?

- Will the player with the best 40 time be the best at his position?

- Will the player with the strongest arm be the best quarterback?

- Will the player that jumps the highest be the best?

I really don't know who won these events in prior years but I would be curious about the hit rate.

Cody looked dominant at times in college I think of him being a 3rd rounder. Many of your best NT's my not be the most cut guys out there but that doesn't they can't play. Look at his game tape before you judge. He is a big dude but I don't think he is lazy.

I'm more on the Cam Thomas bandwagon.

It aggrevates me more when you have these prima donna college QB's that won't even come to the combine. They would rather wait for pro day. If they really are nursing an injury thats one thing but I question if this is truly the case.

Yeah, it really suck to get the guy who was the main reason Alabama won a national championship. Anyone who selects him in the late 1st round or 2nd is getting a steal. He's fat but so are most DTs. He is a freak for his size and will immediately impact any run defense. I hope Nix is smart enough to take him if he is hanging around near our 2nd pick.

We may have to trade up ahead of KC in round 2.

So which is Cody? First he gained weight all the way up to 410 as a high school kid. Fat one. He lost weight from 410 to 354 in his senior year. Muscular one. Then he gained weight in one month from 354 to 370 at the Senior Bowl. Fat one. Then he lost weight from 370 to 356 at the Combine. Muscular one.

That's a pattern, and it is called weight fluctuations, and it is not a good sign at all.

The larger the athlete the more fluctuation there will be if you notice every time he regresses it is less than the prior origin and the weight he comes down to is less.

The larger the athlete the more fluctuation there will be if you notice every time he regresses it is less than the prior origin and the weight he comes down to is less.

Actually, large athletes, especially those that are serious about their craft (aka, professionals), don't necessarily suffer from wildly fluctuating weight changes.

Hate to say it, but Cody is not the reason why Alabama won. I't takes a team to win a championship. One name that stands out as a MVP of that game is: Mark Ingram, but he ran behind a good line. I know that Cody was important, but I just think your looking at a bust. Not all NT's are lazy. I think Cam Thomas out of UNC is a better option in the 2nd. Some people say that NT's should be Big and fat. Sure, but the ones that are Good are the ones with fast feet, strong arms and good work ethics. Cody will be a 2 down player at best. Someone we don't need

Cody blocked 2 FG's against UT, without that, they never get to the Nat'l championship game, also against the real USC (south carolina) he blocked a game winning FG.

Thomas looked better in the senior bowl than his entire senior yr at UNC.

Cody and williams can rotate, and make a good tandem

Only if there's a LT that they really like who they believe will be available at their second round pick. Buddy Nix has repeatedly been quoted as saying "We can't do it all in one year" so I wouldn't be surprised if they stick with Kyle Williams at NT for this season and stock up on OTs and LBs early on in this years draft.

That would be an enormous mistake. I mean too small a mistake. In all likelyhood we should have a shot at Dan Williams, Cam Thomas or Terrance Cody in the 2nd. I could see us passing on a LT which would be dumb but our entire defensive scheme doesn't work without a NT. Kyle Williams has proven me wrong a bunch of times but he CAN NOT be a full time NT. I don't want to hear about leverage and blah blah. Get me a big fat bastard Ted Washington, Pat Williams type and we are on the right track.

Kyle Williams has proven me wrong a bunch of times but he CAN NOT be a full time NT. I don't want to hear about leverage and blah blah. Get me a big fat bastard Ted Washington, Pat Williams type and we are on the right track.

right track to conventional 3-4, yes. but there's speculation they might go w/ a 3-4 over at first, like dallas runs, and use K. Williams as 1-gap NT. there's also Lonnie Harvey, a complete unknown, has a conventional NT build.

I'd like to see the big fat bastard NT in rnd 2 tho, LT at #9

Actually, large athletes, especially those that are serious about their craft (aka, professionals), don't necessarily suffer from wildly fluctuating weight changes.

Do you have any info on this because I watched a documentary years ago that claimed other-wise and expeience as well or is this just what you believe. I had a buddy who was 6'8 350. His weight would fluctuate 6-8 daily in the off season my I would add about 15 he would add about 30. I weighed 225. We would both return to our great conditioning before the season started. Not that we were in bad shape but you body can't go 100% all the time so each year you make your 100% larger but you will always have fluctuation because the metabolism of an athlete is rediculus.

His weight going up one documented time can hardly be called fluctuations.

Also, when losing 70 lbs, do you often expect straight line losses or do you expect general trends?

Man, I hope The Bills don't get this guy. I was watching the NFL Combine and saw that He was at the bottom of every drill. Not only that, the way he talked and laughed while other people were doing drills was pathetic. I don't know, if it were me and I was at the bottom of every drill, I wouldn't be laughing and thinking this was nothing to be serious about. Some mock drafts have him going in the second. I wouldn't take him in the seventh. He looked really bad. I hope the Bills do not get him.

The kid is a stud and freakishly athletic for his size, if you watched the national championship I think your opinion might change. These drills don't mean anything until they are put in a live nfl game. I'll take natural instincts to the ball all day over vernon gholston workout warriors.