Tony Pike 225 lb

Tony Pike is NOT a Buffalo QB. Gailey and Nix talk about a guy who can throw in weather. Pike couldn't even throw in the Dome. I thought he looked awful. Not inconsistent. Awful.

Yet...the other top ones chose not to throw at all AFAIK during the NFL combine. What do you think about that? I give credit to Pike - are the others afraid of showing their own flaws? :wallbash:

Tony Pike is NOT a Buffalo QB. Gailey and Nix talk about a guy who can throw in weather. Pike couldn't even throw in the Dome. I thought he looked awful. Not inconsistent. Awful.

He's looked good playing in some cold weather games when I've seen him.

I haven't seen the combine--but in real games, there isn't a better college QB in the redzone. He reminds me of Ben R. in the red zone.

Wrong, very very wrong.

It seems moot, Beer - hard to see the Bills taking a shot at a higher QB pick, after JP and TE at their #3. Steady as she goes, despite the insane rules the league has made the favoring the pass game above all... :wallbash:

I'm not jumping for joy at the current draftee QB crop, either.

But I do hope they roll the dice - what's to lose? After so many years wandering around in the desert? :)

Yet...the other top ones chose not to throw at all AFAIK during the NFL combine. What do you think about that? I give credit to Pike - are the others afraid of showing their own flaws? :wallbash:

I can't judge the other QBs as I didn't see them throw. Everyone would like to see them throw. I'm just saying that Pike couldn't throw a 20 yard out in Indy, so I doubt he could in Bflo. Read what Nix says. He wants a strong armed guy. Pike ain't that. Pike is a west coast offense QB in the NFL, if at all.

LeFevour, we'll see. The Fordham kid looked good for a later round guy.

I can't judge the other QBs as I didn't see them throw. Everyone would like to see them throw. I'm just saying that Pike couldn't throw a 20 yard out in Indy, so I doubt he could in Bflo. Read what Nix says. He wants a strong armed guy. Pike ain't that. Pike is a west coast offense QB in the NFL, if at all.

LeFevour, we'll see. The Fordham kid looked good for a later round guy.

Where can I read what Nix said?

He's already bigger than most HOF QBs

The people chasing him will be bigger and faster than most HOF defenders. We don't need another fragile QB ala Trent or Rob Johnson. Kelly was built like a linebacker.

Kelly was the same weight as Pike.

It seems moot, Beer - hard to see the Bills taking a shot at a higher QB pick, after JP and TE at their #3. Steady as she goes, despite the insane rules the league has made the favoring the pass game above all... :thumbsup:

I'm not jumping for joy at the current draftee QB crop, either.

But I do hope they roll the dice - what's to lose? After so many years wandering around in the desert? :bag:

I would take a flyer on Bradford no question and I'm probably 90% convinced on Clausen. The reasons are really those that you state. I'm tired of the mediocrity we've been putting under center for the past decade.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. If Bradford or Clausen is there at 9 pull the trigger. Don't give me another rd #3 QB. I really doubt either will be there when we pick though.

That people place emphasis on QB weight demonstrates just how over board how it's gotten with body measurements than actual performance.

He's already bigger than most HOF QBs

he's also bigger than Maybin and most of our LBs

people bashing him for being underweight, but if you looked at the other qbs in the draft, theyre all around his weight. people were looking at the rams to draft bradford at #1 overall before the combine. he put on 23 pounds in the last 6 months since he played a snap, increasing his playing weight from 213 to 236, and theyre within an inch height of eachother. if youre going to bash pike, it should be for his arm strength. dont forget, in edwards second year, he put on a lot of weight as well. during the offseason you need to be able to run a lot of silly drills to get yourself drafted. then take about a year to get into "playing" shape.

personally, i love pike. hes a tall guy, who played in the snow up in cinci. he led a comeback in a championship game, in hostile teritory (pitt), in terrible weather, by using his arm. its not a cannon by any means, but he can make every throw in the NFL to keep the defense honest. Plus, as an added bonus, you can get him in the third and still be able to address your other needs at NT and LT if you wanted.