Lee Evans

Billsfan=pain

Lee Evans is the most overpaid, and overrated player the Bills have ever had on their roster. He earns 9 Million/year and gives us little in return. He never shows up in big games, and never takes a leadership role. I would rather have 20 other recievers that would come at a cheaper price.

If the Bills could get 3rd, or two 4th round draft choices I would take it and run!

Does anyone share my sentiments?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lee Evans is the most overpaid, and overrated player the Bills have ever had on their roster. He earns 9 Million/year and gives us little in return. He never shows up in big games, and never takes a leadership role. I would rather have 20 other recievers that would come at a cheaper price.

If the Bills could get 3rd, or two 4th round draft choices I would take it and run!

Completely, but saying anything negative about Saint Lee on this board will usually bring instant wrath from his devoted followers.

$9MM for 56 catches a year. Not many guys on the roster with a worse ROI than that.

couldnt agree more. guy is not a #1 receiver. some guys are small and play big, he doesnt.

I blame management for giving him such a ridiculous contract. what a bunch of morons. You refuse to pay Peters that money, and let go of an all pro left tackle? but you have an underchieving wide out? if I were Peters I'd be pissed too. kelsay is overpaid as well.

I was the very few in the minority that did not want to resign him in the first place. He is nothing more then a deep ball reciever. If you did not have a deep ball QB as JP was then there was no need for him becuase he sucks in one on one coverage and running routes. Misses the easy catches more then he catches them and never makes a difficult catch. To me hes not worth number one money when hes nothing more then a # 2 at best and he is absolutely atrocious in double coverage. I actually thought that maybe if he had a threat opsite him he would be better but TO really exposed him and he did not capitalize on it proving to me that hes nothing more then a 3rd reciever now.

Since this is supposed to be an uncapped year I would love to see him traded and his over paid salary gone. Him and Kelsay are the two most overpaid players n this team.

When Evans signed that contract extension It looked like he was a complete stud , but that was when Losman was

throwing him a TD bomb every other game.

What we have learned about Evans without an above average QB he's not close to a #1 receiver, running fly patterns

and square outs is the easy part, but to be a stud #1 you also have to go over the middle of the field. Lee very seldom does.(The one time he did this past year he caught a TD pass from Fitz.)

Example T.O. is a hall a famer because he's awesome on fly patterns but what make great is his over the middle catches

were he has made a living scoring TD'S

Timing is everything and lee signed the contract when It was bombs away!! Did the Bills over pay? Yes! :thumbsup: but at the time NO

one thought so.

The contract makes him just about untradeable!

you don't do anything until you are in a position to do so. This team has so many damn holes, and I can't figure out why this board always wants to make more. We don't have a legitimate slot receiver or a #1/2 receiver. Why add another whole to our receiving core while we have so many other needs?

I see it's bash Lee Evans time again. Look people, there is no other position on offense more dependent than WR. A WR needs a competent QB to get him the ball. If he doesn't have that, then of course production will be minimal. The previous 3 years before TO came to the Bills, he was a 1,000+ yd and double digit TD scorer with DAL. Insert the same WR in Buffalo's offensive attack and he has his worst year since 1999. It doesn't matter if we had Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, and Brandon Marshall lining up as the three wideouts, we couldn't get them the ball anyway! Maybe you all will get your wish and Lee will be traded to a team with a capable offense. If that does happen, there can be NO b****ing about his Pro Bowl production with his new team...

I see it's bash Lee Evans time again. Look people, there is no other position on offense more dependent than WR. A WR needs a competent QB to get him the ball. If he doesn't have that, then of course production will be minimal. The previous 3 years before TO came to the Bills, he was a 1,000+ yd and double digit TD scorer with DAL. Insert the same WR in Buffalo's offensive attack and he has his worst year since 1999. It doesn't matter if we had Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, and Brandon Marshall lining up as the three wideouts, we couldn't get them the ball anyway! Maybe you all will get your wish and Lee will be traded to a team with a capable offense. If that does happen, there can be NO b****ing about his Pro Bowl production with his new team...

exactly. :thumbsup:

exactly. :thumbsup:

I'm not bashing Lee he is a very good receiver just not a number #1 , To be a complete receiver It take a steel jock to go over the middle on a quick slant or deep in route .When a wide receiver goe's inside the safetys want you to think twice about doing it a again with huge hits so you here footsteps and alligator arm balls . Some can do it but MOST can't game in game out. And it's not Lee's game.. If Moulds had Evans speed with the way he want over the middle he would be a hall a famer.

Brandon Marshall made a weak armed QB look like an allpro by (putting the team on your back = going over the middle).

Marshall would walk to Buffalo in a blizzird for 9 Mil a year . NUF Said.

WR is the only position that is directly dependent on the QB for production. But yet it's Evans fault? It's not a coincidence that TO had the worst year of his career in Buffalo...it's not that he's done, it's that the QB play was atrocious.

I think what we're trying to say here is that he is just not worth the money we pay him. Yes he'd be better with a QB, better LT, etc. But he had TO opposite him and still caught just 56 balls? He's worth maybe $5 mil, $6 tops.

If I could save $3-4 mil, sign a FA and get a draft pick? Why would you not consider?

Yea. Lee Evans sucks, and wouldn't be better than practice squad for other teams. T.O. is such a stud. Look at the numbers he put up with our QB's. ....

... Oh wait, T.O. had the worst year in his career. Could it possibly be that our QB's couldn't get the receivers the ball??????

Jerry Rice in his prime would be booed out of Buffalo, if he was on this team.

Receivers can only make a catch if thrown to by the QB. QB can only throw a good pass if he is not on his back, or running for his life.

So, receivers are not completely to blame, and neither is the QB. As a team, they stunk. Let's not mess with receivers and running backs right now. we need to strengthen from the line on out.

I really was excited when we drafted Lee, but it became apperant he is NOT a #1 WR in the NFL. He lacks route running skills, doesn't block great, and will drop balls.

That said, I would like to see something done with his contract because he isn't worth the money he is getting paid. THIS team and THIS front office shouldn't be strapped with the previous regimes mistakes contract wise.

I think what we're trying to say here is that he is just not worth the money we pay him. Yes he'd be better with a QB, better LT, etc. But he had TO opposite him and still caught just 56 balls? He's worth maybe $5 mil, $6 tops.

If I could save $3-4 mil, sign a FA and get a draft pick? Why would you not consider?

If we can get a starting caliber WR in FA and a draft pick, maybe worth it. But how many starting WR are available that we would be paying less than we pay for Evans in 2010.

Also, draft pick in which round would we get for a receiver that is old, cant' catch more than 56 balls, and is not a starter (according to some on this board). If I was a GM, I wouldn't give anything. I could get a free-agent and pay $1 mil to get what some people claim Lee Evans is.

Truth is, Lee Evans is a lot like Eric Moulds. A very good receiver, and an decent starter, who just ended up on a bad team. If on a team like Indy, they would have been regulars at the pro-bowl.

Yea. Lee Evans sucks, and wouldn't be better than practice squad for other teams. T.O. is such a stud. Look at the numbers he put up with our QB's. ....

... Oh wait, T.O. had the worst year in his career. Could it possibly be that our QB's couldn't get the receivers the ball??????

Jerry Rice in his prime would be booed out of Buffalo, if he was on this team.

Receivers can only make a catch if thrown to by the QB. QB can only throw a good pass if he is not on his back, or running for his life.

So, receivers are not completely to blame, and neither is the QB. As a team, they stunk. Let's not mess with receivers and running backs right now. we need to strengthen from the line on out.

Do you think Lee is better than T.O.? I agree we need to get better in the trenches, that is why I think if we can get a draft pick for him we should take it.

I would rather have Boldin than Lee Evans.

If we can get a starting caliber WR in FA and a draft pick, maybe worth it. But how many starting WR are available that we would be paying less than we pay for Evans in 2010.

Also, draft pick in which round would we get for a receiver that is old, cant' catch more than 56 balls, and is not a starter (according to some on this board). If I was a GM, I wouldn't give anything. I could get a free-agent and pay $1 mil to get what some people claim Lee Evans is.

Truth is, Lee Evans is a lot like Eric Moulds. A very good receiver, and an decent starter, who just ended up on a bad team. If on a team like Indy, they would have been regulars at the pro-bowl.

No they wouldn't. Moulds might have if he spent more time working than beating women. That said, Lee has NEVER been probowl material. He is not even a quality #1 WR in the NFL. Only Bills fans over rate guys like this.