More Change You Can Believe In

/dev/null

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the tidbit...

And your quote had nothing to do with how the attacks on Bush administration's handling of cases actually played out. Part of it is that the Internet post 2000 wasn't quite the Internet pre 2000. Also, Bush admin did not target US citizens, but was collecting international calling and email data for trends. When they found something suspicious in the calling patterns or data transfer trends, then they went to FISA if they needed something actionable.

But if it makes you feel better that US intelligence agencies under Obama are doing anything differently than what was done under the evil Bush regime, then you may as well stick another needle in your eye to improve the oxygen supply to your brain.

Given the accomplishments, it's going to have to do.

Here's the really messed up part: there seems to be this consensus amongst liberals that everything will start looking up once health care reform is passed, even if it's done by reconciliation. They have this amazing belief that once the bill is passed, all the stupid people will suddenly see the benefits, and this will catapult the Obama administation into a success story.

Except for one thing: the way the Senate bill stands right now, the "benefits" wouldn't kick in for four or five years. So it's not like passing the bill will suddenly make things better for everyone. In fact, it'll make them worse because while the bennies don't start for four years, the taxes start immediately. So unless unemployment improves, they're SOL, and let's face it, you don't need a crystal ball to realize the only way unemployment improves is if more people quit looking for work.

While I'm a newbie to this political thing, I feel a bit like John McClane looking down from Nakatomi Tower saying "Who's driving that thing? Stevie Wonder?"

Here's the really messed up part: there seems to be this consensus amongst liberals that everything will start looking up once health care reform is passed, even if it's done by reconciliation. They have this amazing belief that once the bill is passed, all the stupid people will suddenly see the benefits, and this will catapult the Obama administation into a success story.

Except for one thing: the way the Senate bill stands right now, the "benefits" wouldn't kick in for four or five years. So it's not like passing the bill will suddenly make things better for everyone. In fact, it'll make them worse because while the bennies don't start for four years, the taxes start immediately. So unless unemployment improves, they're SOL, and let's face it, you don't need a crystal ball to realize the only way unemployment improves is if more people quit looking for work.

While I'm a newbie to this political thing, I feel a bit like John McClane looking down from Nakatomi Tower saying "Who's driving that thing? Stevie Wonder?"

Welcome to the party, pal.

Thanks for the tidbit...

Way to miss the point pBrain. The point was Clinton used the wiretapping to further his own political gain by basically selling the information to his corporate supporters. Obama is scarier as he will use it on US citizens to further his cause by targeting his political enemies.

Yippie Kay Yay

And if you're watching on basic cable/network TV the line is Yippie Kay Yay My Friend :unsure:

Way to miss the point pBrain. The point was Clinton used the wiretapping to further his own political gain by basically selling the information to his corporate supporters. Obama is scarier as he will use it on US citizens to further his cause by targeting his political enemies.

Oh dear god, you don't believe that Bush used it on US Citizens? And really enough with spewing lies about uses it against political enemies... talk about pBrain. :unsure::devil:

What happened to Yippie Kay Yay Mister Falcon?

I dunno. I was watching Die Hard III (the one with Samuel L Jackson) a while back and the scene where McLane takes out the helicopter with a revolver, he says Yippie Kay Yay My Friend

Additional Change We Can Believe In....

“It’s an indication of the energy out in the country. A lot of people, principally driven by this outrageous federal debt that we have, are energized and want to change the country. Most of them are going to be participating in Republican primaries."

Mitch McConnell

I've been critical of Obama on here before. The chances of there being anyone else even remotely as qualified as him for the job to vote for is slim to none in 2012. So I'll still likely vote for him. You know the Republicans won't be able to get anyone with a brain past the primaries.

Tell me, what are his qualifications? At this point in time he has been an epic failure. Give me a list of his accomplishments. He couldn't even get his f'd up health care passed with a large majority in the House and a super majority in the Senate.

I think what he really meant was "articulate some of his accomplishments in some reasonably intelligent manner", not "please post a link to some b.s. propaganda website that only a complete moron would take seriously."

Or is that beyond your capabilities?

There's also a chance what he meant was "articulate some of his accomplishments that don't start with the words "expand," "increase funding," "create a (fill in the blank ) fund," "spend" or "give a speech at."

I think what he really meant was "articulate some of his accomplishments in some reasonably intelligent manner", not "please post a link to some b.s. propaganda website that only a complete moron would take seriously."

Or is that beyond your capabilities?

No need to spend that much time on TBD. I like to log on, read a bit, see what you are whining and bitching about now, laugh and then leave.