We have problems at Wide receiver..

buffalo_bills

Really? Hardy was out most of the season with an injury NEWS FLASH. You obviously don't watch/follow the Bills to much. Plus how can Evans do anything when the Bills had QB problems all year, and to add on the QB had little time to throw because of bad protection off the edges. And Evans still managed 7 receiving Touchdowns and over 600 receiving yards.

Also, WHY DID THIS NEED A NEED THREAD? There is another thread or two open about this.

I find it amusing that every signal move that is made someone complains about it no matter what. Its funny how not too long ago many Bills fans wanted Reed and Denny gone. And many even wanted Owens gone, and those that didn't want him gone, Did you really think he would be back? People are so Delusional

lighten up Francis

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know we need help in the lines (1st Priority), but you don't even THINK about WR until you feel good about your QB. Good QB's make household names out of average WRs, not the other way around. I don't care who plays WR for us next year. That's a 2011 draft issue. Maybe 2012.

I know we need help in the lines (1st Priority), but you don't even THINK about WR until you feel good about your QB. Good QB's make household names out of average WRs, not the other way around. I don't care who plays WR for us next year. That's a 2011 draft issue. Maybe 2012.

I agree. The position was strong last year and nothing was accomplished. A mid-level veteran and late round pick is about all I'd be willing to do for the unit right now.

We've had a problem at WR for years.

Dump Roscoe for whatever you might be able to get for him.

They'd be much better off putting a TE in at the slot.

Fuggers we got can't block well anyway - put 'em in the slot and have 'em go over the middle.

They'd stand up better than Roscoe.

Owens and Reed were informed that they were not coming back, so these are our receivers currently: Evans, Johnson, Hardy and parrish! Wow, we really need to sign a 2nd string receiver, not a stud, but a guy who'll give you 50-70 catches a year, and we really need evans and hardy to step up, beacause last year was a dissapointment for both players. Great, more holes to fill :thumbsup:

Well lets put this in perspective....how many times did we reach the playoffs WITH those guys on the roster? Nuff said.

Well lets put this in perspective....how many times did we reach the playoffs WITH those guys on the roster? Nuff said.

Well being that we only have 1 starter coming back we need to bring in more Wr's. Otherwise we would have 3 1/2 WR's on the roster. so yes something needs to be done with this position group.

Steve Johnson is probably the most underrated player on the Bills. I am not saying he's a number 2 - but he can play - and I think he is a lot better than he gets credit for. Although he's not gotten a lot of playing time, I have always thought he deserved it. Every time he has gotten onto the field he has performed - so give him some opportunities moving forward - and then continue to address it in the FA market and in the draft.

Hardy and Johnson will pick up the slack, they will both be a lot better as they'll be in pro football for the third year.. I also think the Bills will bring in a relatively inexpensive vet to compete for the job... We have bigger concerns, Like who's throwing the ball and who is playing defense...

Yes, focus on getting quality QB play and your WR problem won't seem like such a problem.

Owens and Reed were informed that they were not coming back, so these are our receivers currently: Evans, Johnson, Hardy and parrish! Wow, we really need to sign a 2nd string receiver, not a stud, but a guy who'll give you 50-70 catches a year, and we really need evans and hardy to step up, beacause last year was a dissapointment for both players. Great, more holes to fill :thumbsup:

watch out for stevie johnson he is set for a breakout season. blessed with great size 6/3 and great hands dont be surprized if he winds up as out second receiver!

Really? Hardy was out most of the season with an injury NEWS FLASH. You obviously don't watch/follow the Bills to much. Plus how can Evans do anything when the Bills had QB problems all year, and to add on the QB had little time to throw because of bad protection off the edges. And Evans still managed 7 receiving Touchdowns and over 600 receiving yards.

Also, WHY DID THIS NEED A NEED THREAD? There is another thread or two open about this.

I find it amusing that every signal move that is made someone complains about it no matter what. Its funny how not too long ago many Bills fans wanted Reed and Denny gone. And many even wanted Owens gone, and those that didn't want him gone, Did you really think he would be back? People are so Delusional

i also think roscoe will have a breakout season in galieys offense .IMO he will be used in the slot kind of like welker.

he is a great talent and a game breaker galiey will utilize those talents mark my words!

ok, so you really dont think Hardy or Johnson could average 39 catches for 489 yds/yr?1 td per yr avg?

Josh reed never lived up to his billing comin out of LSU, 311 catches 3575 yds 10 tds in 8 yrs, doesn't sound like we will be missing much.

i also think roscoe will have a breakout season in galieys offense .IMO he will be used in the slot kind of like welker.

he is a great talent and a game breaker galiey will utilize those talents mark my words!

It would be great if Gailey could find a way to use Parrish, but I think he is done. I'd like to see him get traded for some draft picks, however, we may have to hold on to him now :unsure: