Jamaal Brown Available?

" The New Orleans Saints aren't actively shopping left tackle Jammal Brown, but they would listen to offers for the two-time Pro Bowl blocker. Brown missed the team's entire Super Bowl season with a hip injury. And while replacement Jermon Bushrod struggled down the stretch, Saints officials feel the three-year veteran has a good future. …"

" The New Orleans Saints aren't actively shopping left tackle Jammal Brown, but they would listen to offers for the two-time Pro Bowl blocker. Brown missed the team's entire Super Bowl season with a hip injury. And while replacement Jermon Bushrod struggled down the stretch, Saints officials feel the three-year veteran has a good future. …"

they are letting sharper test FA, maybe whitner+ picks ,3rd this year and next?

get a qb and nt in 1st and 2nd

Does anyone know how bad his injury is? Could he even play this season? He was a PBer in the past, but so was Peters. We better do our HW on this issue and make a move if its a good deal.

It was a sports hernia, not a hip injury if I remember correctly. They felt he was going to miss a large portion of the year, so they shelved him back in august. He was mad because he thought he would be able to play before the seasons end, and didnt want to miss his contract year.

the real injury you have to worry about is a chronic back injury that dates back long term. could be nothing, could be something.

Sign and trade for him give up Whitner to help out their secondary, give them a 3rd round pick this season and a 5th round pick next season that could escalate up to another 3rd depending on what Brown does (EG starts, probowl, things like that).

I feel like this fits a need and makes it so that we can focus on other needs with pick 9 and 41 (Like NT, QB, and RT). Brown is a good player who can come in right away. I think its a fair deal the Saints get a decent safety in Whitner and additional picks I don't think the Saints will be getting a much better offer then that for him. I think its fair value for a player that missed all of last season.

I don't see another team making a better offer then that.

Sign and trade for him give up Whitner to help out their secondary, give them a 3rd round pick this season and a 5th round pick next season that could escalate up to another 3rd depending on what Brown does (EG starts, probowl, things like that).

I feel like this fits a need and makes it so that we can focus on other needs with pick 9 and 41 (Like NT, QB, and RT). Brown is a good player who can come in right away.

As happy as there fans are, they would burn down the dome if that deal happened.

As happy as there fans are, they would burn down the dome if that deal happened.

Well you don't listen to your fans. Teams covet draft picks and a 3rd and a 5th (One that could escalate to another 3rd) along with a player that fills a need in Whitner is a nice haul for a player that never played a snap last season and who they won a SB without.

Well you don't listen to your fans. Teams covet draft picks and a 3rd and a 5th (One that could escalate to another 3rd) along with a player that fills a need in Whitner is a nice haul for a player that never played a snap last season and who they won a SB without.

Whitner doesnt fill a need. The team is high on 2 drafted players -- Chip Vaughn is a big Gregg Williams favorite, and Malcolm Jenkins is likely to slide into the safety rotation.

You are offering a trade of an average safety (not currently a position of need), a third and a fifth for a two-time probowl left tackle.

He is going to want a big payday and I could see the saints not wanting to do that, they have a lot of players who need to get paid over the next few years. . I think turns 30 next year. I guess you could see him dealt . Somoene mentioned a two , I bet that would get it done. Now we would have to pay him .

That said, a first rate left tackle on board opens up a lot more draft scenerios .

Whitner doesnt fill a need. The team is high on 2 drafted players -- Chip Vaughn is a big Gregg Williams favorite, and Malcolm Jenkins is likely to slide into the safety rotation.

You are offering a trade of an average safety (not currently a position of need), a third and a fifth for a two-time probowl left tackle.

Whitner is not Elite but he is good not average. If our depth was as good on the rest of the team as the secondary we would be undefeated every year. Please stop talking out your arse. If they are high on Bushrod I believe they would take the trade. Although I have not had a chance to check myself I have heard places other than this board say that he can't handle elite DEs so I don't see why a team that is limited as to who they can sign letting a pro-bowl OT go. Only stupid teams trade Pro bowl LTs without a replacement. I do not believe Brown is peters caliber so I would not give a first for him.

Whitner is not Elite but he is good not average. If our depth was as good on the rest of the team as the secondary we would be undefeated every year. Please stop talking out your arse. If they are high on Bushrod I believe they would take the trade. Although I have not had a chance to check myself I have heard places other than this board say that he can't handle elite DEs so I don't see why a team that is limited as to who they can sign letting a pro-bowl OT go. Only stupid teams trade Pro bowl LTs without a replacement. I do not believe Brown is peters caliber so I would not give a first for him.

Im a season ticket holder in new orleans, and have watched every bills game since i was about 8..... Whitner is middle of the pack as far as safeties go. Im not a whitner hater, he is a starting caliber player in this league.

Jammal Brown -- 2008 stats -- 3 sacks allowed, highest rushing average in league behind a LT. Two time probowler. The gap between those players is FAR MORE then a 3 and a 5 next year.

Im a season ticket holder in new orleans, and have watched every bills game since i was about 8..... Whitner is middle of the pack as far as safeties go. Im not a whitner hater, he is a starting caliber player in this league.

Jammal Brown -- 2008 stats -- 3 sacks allowed, highest rushing average in league behind a LT. Two time probowler. The gap between those players is FAR MORE then a 3 and a 5 next year.

no doubt he is a first rate left tackle . His value dips a bit due to age, contract status and the incredible amount of players who the saints are going to have to pay over the next two years

otherwise they would not even consider moving him

Well I would have it so that the 5th next season is escalating up to a 2nd round pick if Brown makes the pro bowl and other conditions. Getting 2 picks plus a solid player for a guy coming off an injury that sidelined him for a season and a guy who is going to be demanding a big contract plus he isn't super young. I think its a fair option for the Saints.

no doubt he is a first rate left tackle . His value dips a bit due to age, contract status and the incredible amount of players who the saints are going to have to pay over the next two years

otherwise they would not even consider moving him

Agreed. Like I said, there is also tension in the relationship.

Whitner, little to no value in nola. Even if the saints lose sharper, Gregg has designed this system for a ballhawking FS that can produce 7-10 turnovers. Is that Donte? No. Doesn't make him bad, just not a fit or need. If the saints would want a bills player I would look to Kyle Williams. Knowing both teams inside out, it's the almost the only one that would make sense.

If the trade was straight picks, look for a first... Maybe Williams and a 2 or 3. Whitner is not a probowler, not at a premiere position, and not a need for the saints. Bushrod was awful and jeopardized far to many games this year. He was either getting beat or taking backs/te out of pass patterns to help him. A major weakpoint on a very dynamic offense. Why trade a probowl LT for a marginal upgrade at safety and a huge downgrade at tackle.

Well I would have it so that the 5th next season is escalating up to a 2nd round pick if Brown makes the pro bowl and other conditions. Getting 2 picks plus a solid player for a guy coming off an injury that sidelined him for a season and a guy who is going to be demanding a big contract plus he isn't super young. I think its a fair option for the Saints.

a second next year and a third this year translates into the value of about a second this year. Whitner is not of value to new Orleans, they are stacked in there secondary also, and the general consensus is that sharper will likely be back still. I know I can't link to a schefter article -- I live in new Orleans. Players live in the same building as me. There are about a dozen guys on the team on the same block as me. did you see the video of drew brees at the bar teaching his chant? I was there, it's about 200 yards from my condo and A LOT of players go there regularly. I have friends in the front office. I say this not to brag but to let you know when it comes to the saints, I can give better then average insight. The hope and expectation is that sharper will be back. Things happen but I'd say it's likely, perhaps very likely.You are very generous offering the value of a second round pick and an unneeded player IF brown can meet a condition of producing as a probowler next year. What you don't realize that if freeney was healthy, bushrod would have probably cost the saints the superbowl, he did cost them Dallas, and hurt them badly in numerous games. Bushrod didn't play in a game this year becuase the staff benched him for performance issues.

If your looking for a player to include, I mentioned Kyle Williams as a player, aaron schobel might be another they could use to replace Charles grant.

a second next year and a third this year translates into the value of about a second this year. Whitner is not of value to new Orleans, they are stacked in there secondary also, and the general consensus is that sharper will likely be back still. I know I can't link to a schefter article -- I live in new Orleans. Players live in the same building as me. There are about a dozen guys on the team on the same block as me. did you see the video of drew brees at the bar teaching his chant? I was there, it's about 200 yards from my condo and A LOT of players go there regularly. I have friends in the front office. I say this not to brag but to let you know when it comes to the saints, I can give better then average insight. The hope and expectation is that sharper will be back. Things happen but I'd say it's likely, perhaps very likely.You are very generous offering the value of a second round pick and an unneeded player IF brown can meet a condition of producing as a probowler next year. What you don't realize that if freeney was healthy, bushrod would have probably cost the saints the superbowl, he did cost them Dallas, and hurt them badly in numerous games. Bushrod didn't play in a game this year becuase the staff benched him for performance issues.

If your looking for a player to include, I mentioned Kyle Williams as a player, aaron schobel might be another they could use to replace Charles grant.

Whom I would take in a second as a DE in our new 3-4 scheme. It has been said, Grant will be allowed to walk.

First, if you're going to quote somebody, then lidentify who said it and link it. Otherwise we'll all suspect maybe it was your Uncle Jethro who said it.

Now to your main point, Jamaal Brown is NOT available. What is happening is that the Saints want to put as much positive stuff out there as possible about Bushrod in case some sucker comes along and thinks Bushrod would be worth trading for. Bushrod sucks. Brown will be the starter in New Orleans next year.

Bushrod was ranked 69th out of 77 tackles in the NFL. That's 5 full places above Bell, who was ranked 74th, so Bushrod was ever so slightly better than Bell. Yeah, the Saints doubtless plan to ditch Brown and go with Bushrod.

http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.ph...&numgames=1

And the quote says Bushrod "struggled down the stretch..." and that's a load of crap. He was awful consistently over the whole season.

http://profootballfocus.com/by_player.php?...p;playerid=3741

Brown is RFA too, what tender did her get? It'd cost you a 2 to sign Bushrod and I don't know for Brown, presumably a 1, unless there was another trade worked out.

You guys are all taking this report seriously.

I'm telling you this is a bait-and-switch ploy. "You want Brown, you say. Hmmm. Well, honestly, he's recovered really well from the injury and the owner just really likes him. Tell you what, though, we might be able to give you a deal on Bushrod ..."

First, if you're going to quote somebody, then lidentify who said it and link it. Otherwise we'll all suspect maybe it was your Uncle Jethro who said it.

Now to your main point, Jamaal Brown is NOT available. What is happening is that the Saints want to put as much positive stuff out there as possible about Bushrod in case some sucker comes along and thinks Bushrod would be worth trading for. Bushrod sucks. Brown will be the starter in New Orleans next year.

Bushrod was ranked 69th out of 77 tackles in the NFL. That's 5 full places above Bell, who was ranked 74th, so Bushrod was ever so slightly better than Bell. Yeah, the Saints doubtless plan to ditch Brown and go with Bushrod.

http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.ph...&numgames=1

And the quote says Bushrod "struggled down the stretch..." and that's a load of crap. He was awful consistently over the whole season.

http://profootballfocus.com/by_player.php?...p;playerid=3741

I'm not playing your citing games. I said it was an espn article-that's enough. Read it or don't read it..

Also, did I express an opinion anywhere?

I'm not playing your citing games. I said it was an espn article-that's enough. Read it or don't read it..

Also, did I express an opinion anywhere?

Yeah, citing games. In other words, you may or may not have made it up, and you're either too dishonest or too lazy to bother showing that you're an honest person with a real point to make. There are probably only 10,000,000 articles on ESPN, so thanks for narrowing it down for us. Or effectively refusing to show the source.

And did you express an opinion anywhere? I have no idea. Nor does anyone else who read your post, because we have no idea whether you're quoting yourself, your mother, or some article somewhere.

Well, anyway, thanks for the warning. Now we'll know how seriously to take your post.

I say if he passes a physical and can be had for our 2nd rounder, I pull the trigger.

I'd go first. The guy is a proven pro-bowler who is NFL ready. Any OT the Bills take in the first round will need some time to adjust and may not be ready out of the box. Brown will be 29 at the beginning of the season and, IIRC, most OL play til their mid thirties. This would give the Bills a chance to take a late round OT and develop him.

1 and 3 was the tender

That's just the tender. NO can let him go for less.

It's not smart to trade for a guy to close one hole and then open another. Williams is the guy that will fill the NT spot this year, most likely. I like the Schobel idea though.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3...d2-e4e644765522

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) -Buffalo Bills defensive end Aaron Schobel is contemplating retirement after this season because he's frustrated after nine years of missing the playoffs and worried he's lost a step as the team's top pass-rusher.

``I don't know my future really, what I'm going to do,'' Schobel told two reporters after practice Wednesday. ``I'm going to go home and I'm going to think about it, see if this is what I want to do.''

Going to NO seems like something that would excite him. A second and Schobel and I'd do it in a second. I really, really like Schobel but he'd be happier on a playoff team and won't be around Buffalo much longer. Gregg Williams knows him and I could see him wanting him on his defense.

You guys are all taking this report seriously.

I'm telling you this is a bait-and-switch ploy. "You want Brown, you say. Hmmm. Well, honestly, he's recovered really well from the injury and the owner just really likes him. Tell you what, though, we might be able to give you a deal on Bushrod ..."

And so the Bills shouldn't call anyway? Why wouldn't they check it out. If they are willing to trade Bushrod it's an option the Bills should consider.

Yeah, citing games. In other words, you may or may not have made it up, and you're either too dishonest or too lazy to bother showing that you're an honest person with a real point to make. There are probably only 10,000,000 articles on ESPN, so thanks for narrowing it down for us. Or effectively refusing to show the source.

And did you express an opinion anywhere? I have no idea. Nor does anyone else who read your post, because we have no idea whether you're quoting yourself, your mother, or some article somewhere.

Well, anyway, thanks for the warning. Now we'll know how seriously to take your post.

Does the tinfoil help the reception when you are communicating with them?

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/ins...&id=4948336

Note-originally, perhaps I wasn't citing it for a reason-translation-pay article.

Does the tinfoil help the reception when you are communicating with them?

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/ins...&id=4948336

Note-originally, perhaps I wasn't citing it for a reason-translation-pay article.

Hey, I can't read it, but the fact that you cited it shows that you have confidence in your source. I'm sure there are a few guys out there who have it and can check.

I'm sorry if I was a bit obnoxious - it's gotten worse on me - but you must know how many people post stuff here that they heard, and it turns out just not to be true. Literally hundreds of people claimed to have seen Jason Peters say that he didn't try hard, for instance, when he simply had never said that.

When you link, explain you heard it on the radio, or whatever, you eliminate or minimize doubt, and that allows everyone on the boards to figure out what is real, so we are all giving our opinions based on facts.

Hey, I can't read it, but the fact that you cited it shows that you have confidence in your source. I'm sure there are a few guys out there who have it and can check.

I'm sorry if I was a bit obnoxious - it's gotten worse on me - but you must know how many people post stuff here that they heard, and it turns out just not to be true. Literally hundreds of people claimed to have seen Jason Peters say that he didn't try hard, for instance, when he simply had never said that.

When you link, explain you heard it on the radio, or whatever, you eliminate or minimize doubt, and that allows everyone on the boards to figure out what is real, so we are all giving our opinions based on facts.

I was a bit over the top as well. Apologies.