Who's so vain, Carly?

Beerball

What Mr. Bawl is trying to say, is it's a bit odd that the only thing that has kept ol Tombstone teeth relevant for the last 20-plus years is the secretiveness surrounding a song about vanity. The song stopped being about Mr. Geffen the very moment she decided to "keep it a secret for the rest of her life" but then auction the secret off for charity, but then tell everyone five or six years later. :devil:

What Mr. Bawl is trying to say, is it's a bit odd that the only thing that has kept ol Tombstone teeth relevant for the last 20-plus years is the secretiveness surrounding a song about vanity. The song stopped being about Mr. Geffen the very moment she decided to "keep it a secret for the rest of her life" but then auction the secret off for charity, but then tell everyone five or six years later. :devil:

:D But I :wub:her once upon a time.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Music/02/2...dex.html?hpt=C2

She looks terrible but here's something from the article;

(CNN) -- Has Carly Simon finally told the world the subject of "You're So Vain"?

In a new version of the 1972 hit song from her album "Never Been Gone," the singer whispers a name during an instrumental break. Played backward, the name is revealed to be "David."

I remember seeing an interview with her in which she said the guy had a B in his name. I assumed, like a lot of other people, it was Warren Beatty but evidently it's not.

Assuming the B in the name comment is true, then who could it be?

They have to be capable of flying a Lear Jet.

:nana:

Thanks... Now I can't get Anticipation and Heinz ketchup out of my head!

Heinz

:unsure::nana:

You can't get Heinz Ketchup out of your head?! :blink:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Music/02/2...dex.html?hpt=C2

She looks terrible but here's something from the article;

(CNN) -- Has Carly Simon finally told the world the subject of "You're So Vain"?

In a new version of the 1972 hit song from her album "Never Been Gone," the singer whispers a name during an instrumental break. Played backward, the name is revealed to be "David."

I remember seeing an interview with her in which she said the guy had a B in his name. I assumed, like a lot of other people, it was Warren Beatty but evidently it's not.

Assuming the B in the name comment is true, then who could it be?

They have to be capable of flying a Lear Jet.

:unsure:

You can't get Heinz Ketchup out of your head?! :nana:

Hey... She has to be in her 60's... Everybody ages. I know you are older than me, but what I am waiting for is the younger generation to age and hit a brick wall... I think they are going to have the hardest time dealing with it!

Anyway... Just because "you flew your lear jet up to Nova Scotia to see the total eclipse of the sun..." doesn't mean you ACTUALLY have to fly it yourself. :nana:

The real irony is the song really is about him (whomever "him" may be), even though the song mocks him for thinking the song is about him. but it is. he isn't vain, the song is about him. carly Simon is bad at knowing what words mean. Also music.

You don't think Carly knew what the words meant?!? That is a great line - just like you said - it's irony.