The USA vs. Hosers Hockey Game Is on MSNBC

Steely Dan

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At some points in the game the Canadian Hockey team looked more like the Canadian dive team.

Hey! What are you trying to say? That there are judges in hockey. :unsure:

They looked scared IMO... Did you see when three of them (Pronger, Stahl, and somebody else) all collided? Why did the ref whistle the play dead? Literally, three of the other teams players were on the ice... That would have been a nice 5 on 2! :P

Polish woman are delish.

I used to work at a Polish deli... They seemed all old to me! ;) But man could you keep them spending... Just put a free slice of something on the scale when you knew they were looking. What Polish person can't resist getting something gratis!

:P

There are two kinds of Polish women: the ones that are blond, blue-eyed, slender and devastatingly beautiful...and the ones that look like shotputters from the East German Olympic team after testosterone therapy. I got to date the first kind when I was a young lad. She just landed in the USA and could not speak a word of English. Luckily I spoke some, though poorly. Let's just say my Polish improved dramatically in a just a few weeks, especially the words my mom never taught me.

PTR

Hey! What are you trying to say? That there are judges in hockey. ;)

They looked scared IMO... Did you see when three of them (Pronger, Stahl, and somebody else) all collided? Why did the ref whistle the play dead? Literally, three of the other teams players were on the ice... That would have been a nice 5 on 2! :P

click link for win

There are two kinds of Polish women: the ones that are blond, blue-eyed, slender and devastatingly beautiful...and the ones that look like shotputters from the East German Olympic team after testosterone therapy. I got to date the first kind when I was a young lad. She just landed in the USA and could not speak a word of English. Luckily I spoke some, though poorly. Let's just say my Polish improved dramatically in a just a few weeks, especially the words my mom never taught me.

PTR

I'm was definitely into the first kind before I got married - I'm smitten by that Polish-Aussie on 'Chuck'.

Also, on the eventual game winning goal, he probably would've made the save had his stick been in the right spot rather than caught behind his left skate through his legs. He's a goalie who always seems to be in the right spot positionally and he certainly wasn't that last night.

That was a deflection and he was moving. That's never on the goalie. The guy made a bunch of good saves, including 2 back-to-back breakaways in the third period. He wasn't the problem, though he'll continue to be the goat because it's pretty convenient.

PTR

I noticed the same thing when I was in Italy, and found it to be age related. I had a theory that on a woman's 30th birthday, every Italian woman would go through a ceremony in which she was turned into a toad.

That was a deflection and he was moving. That's never on the goalie. The guy made a bunch of good saves, including 2 back-to-back breakaways in the third period. He wasn't the problem, though he'll continue to be the goat because it's pretty convenient.

Exactly, Pronger, Boyle and Niedermayer were awful. Canada dominated, Miller stole the show. He was unbelievable. Canada is not done yet.

Exactly, Pronger, Boyle and Niedermayer were awful. Canada dominated, Miller stole the show. He was unbelievable. Canada is not done yet.

If Canada played that way in their next 100 games, they'd win all 100 of them. That was a dominant performance that Miller basically stole for us.

Jack Johnson spent most of the game looking like a turn style.