Bills Starting OL in 2010

loyalbillsfan

I was a little disappointed that Brad Butler won't be back next year to hold down the right side of the line. I thought him and Eric Wood were going to make a good tandem on right side for a while. That being said, I think Demetrius Bell can be an effective RT at this point in his career. Here is how I see the Starting OL lining up next year:

LT (1st Round Pick...either Okung, Bulaga, Davis, Williams or Campbell)

LG Andy Levitre

C Geoff Hangartner

G Richie Incognito (until Wood is healthy enough to comeback)

RT Demetrius Bell (I would draft another T and/or bring in a proven FA to push for this job)

I was a little disappointed that Brad Butler won't be back next year to hold down the right side of the line. I thought him and Eric Wood were going to make a good tandem on right side for a while. That being said, I think Demetrius Bell can be an effective RT at this point in his career. Here is how I see the Starting OL lining up next year:

LG Andy Levitre

C Geoff Hangartner

RT Demetrius Bell (I would draft another T and/or bring in a proven FA to push for this job)

I agree for the most part except for the RT position. I think Bell is kept around just for some depth and Meredith/FA starts at RT.

Also, as much as I would like to see Wood back starting, I think Incognito will have to start for a bit until Wood returns as the full time starter of the future.

LG Andy Levitre

C Geoff Hangartner

LT (1st Round Pick...either Okung, Bulaga, Davis, Williams or Campbell) compete against Bell

LG Andy Levitre

C Geoff Hangartner (until Wood is healthy enough to comeback)

G Richie Incognito

RT 2-3 round pick compete against Meredith and Scott

LG Andy Levitre

C Geoff Hangartner

LT Bell

LG Levitre

C Wood

RG Incognito/another free agent

RT Rookie/free Agent

I am hoping for Clausen in rd 1

They have to sign Incognito as "Wood insurance". In addition to out 1st round pick, why not just throw a 4th rounder at Kyle Calloway (Iowa) and be done with the Oline for a few years. Bell and anyone else they have on the roster should be strictly backups.

LG Andy Levitre

C Geoff Hangartner

I think that will be our line-up as well

Levitre, while doing ok at LT when he filled in this year, is not an NFL-level tackle for one big reason...wingspan. Tackles in the NFL need long arms for working in space...Levitre's are better suited for playing G

Hangartner will be our C the next few years at least. Unless his play declines a lot, they won't dump him for Wood for a while. We only just signed him last season.

The only question I see is with Bell..he could end up being LT, RT, or swing tackle...he has the athleticism for either starting spot but the mental lapses he suffered in 2009 were troublesome at best. I think he'll end up being our RT if he puts in all the offseason work to improve with the new coaching staff

I've got a question for you guys - don't know if this has been brought up yet... if the Bills pick up or plan to have a left handed QB, then would that mean the RT has to be the stereotypical LT, and vice versa? I guess we need both, so it might not matter too much, but, if we were to go with a Left handed QB, then would we be just moving someone like Okung to RT, or would we still try and have someone like Okung at LT, and have a standard RT? Just wondering, because, just for shock value, I think it was Tebow who was left handed - one of the QB's coming out is, and I was wondering if our F.O. could try and mastermind some kind easier draft plan if they didn't have to worry as much about LT - if, for instance, their LT was going to be a RT?

Sorry if it's confusing, just looking for a little info on that scenario.

I've got a question for you guys - don't know if this has been brought up yet... if the Bills pick up or plan to have a left handed QB, then would that mean the RT has to be the stereotypical LT, and vice versa? I guess we need both, so it might not matter too much, but, if we were to go with a Left handed QB, then would we be just moving someone like Okung to RT, or would we still try and have someone like Okung at LT, and have a standard RT? Just wondering, because, just for shock value, I think it was Tebow who was left handed - one of the QB's coming out is, and I was wondering if our F.O. could try and mastermind some kind easier draft plan if they didn't have to worry as much about LT - if, for instance, their LT was going to be a RT?

Sorry if it's confusing, just looking for a little info on that scenario.

Since Tebow will be a FB I don't think RT/LT makes much of a difference

LT Bell

LG Levitre

C Wood

RG Incognito/another free agent

RT Rookie/free Agent

My guess is that Bell and Meredith will go into season as starting tackles, but hopefully be pushed by a signing and draft picks. Strongly support moving Wood to C and Incognito to RG as suggested above. Let Hangartner start the year at C before he's demoted upon Wood's return. Hangartner was probably worst of Guy's pick-ups, with possible exception of Bennie Andersen and Tutan Reyes. Mobile, hardworking, but cannot anchor.

Meredith more likely to win the RT job than Bell is to win LT, IMO.

ADavis-Levitre-Wood-Incognito-Bell

OT Meredith

OT Chambers

OT Adam Ulatoski – 6′6″ 310 – Texas

OT Kyle Jolly – 6′6″ 300 – North Carolina

QB Brian Brohm

QB Colt McCoy or Zac Robinson or Tony Pike (1 slips to us in RD3)

QB Ryan Fitzpatrick

WR Demaryius Thomas Gerogia Tech

WR Lee Evans

WR Terrell Owens

RB Freddy Jackson

RB Marshawn Lynch

RB Ben Tate

TE Nelson

TE Stupar

TE

DE Brandon Deaderick – 6′4″ 287 – Alabama

NT Ekom Udofia

DE Marcus Stroud

SOLB Eric Norwood

ILB Paul Posluszny

ILB Joe Pawelek

WOLB Aaron Maybin

LT (1st Round Pick...either Okung, Bulaga, Davis, Williams or Campbell) compete against Bell

LG Andy Levitre

C Geoff Hangartner (until Wood is healthy enough to comeback)

G Richie Incognito

RT 2-3 round pick compete against Meredith and Scott

I agree- uh oh. What is the combined experience of Bell, Levitre, Hangartner, Wood, Incognito, Meredith, Scott and the two rookies we pick up? Good for the future, not so good for our offense next year. And I am not counting on Wood unfortunately. Hopefully he can come back, but he still has a long road ahead of him. I feel bad for whatever QB lines up behind this line next year. We definitely need to use several high selections for the online. Then there is LB, DE, NT, WR...amongst other needs. I am almost always way too optimistic about the Bills chances every year. Not next year. Not unless the front office produces some miracles

And if I were the GM, I would add signing Wilfork a priority, along with the oline. Whatever it took. Make him the highest paid NT in the NFL if that's what it takes.

As far as QB, I would stay pat with Brohm, Edwards, and Fitzpatrick and go into camp with open competition. It is not fair to judge any of them until they play with a decent oline. Peyton Manning would be average if he was a Bill

LT- 1st round pick (Buluga, Okung, or A.Davis,)

LG- Levitre

C- Hangartner

RG-Wood

RT- 3rd round pick/Meridth/Bell

Gotta get Hangman out of the C. Only Bills fans treated to the likes the Mel Fowler and Duke Preston would fail to realize he sucks. And has no upside. Smart guy though. Can master all 3 interior line spots as backup. Depth is good.

I agree for the most part except for the RT position. I think Bell is kept around just for some depth and Meredith/FA starts at RT.

Also, as much as I would like to see Wood back starting, I think Incognito will have to start for a bit until Wood returns as the full time starter of the future.

you have no way of knowing how Wood will fare. he broke his leg. its healing fine there is no reason he will not be back before training camp IMO.

as long as there are no set backs he should be fine to go. it would not surprise me one bit to see him in OTA's he may not go full tilt but i'm betting he will participate.

if you noticed in his comments about buffalo he is already back in Buffalo so thats a very good sign IMO. i would not worry about wood however i agree with keeping Incognito he is a very good versitile nasty guard and center!

keeping Richie would negate the bills from spending an unecessary draft pick on another guard for depth .IMO they will tender him high enough at a second or third round compensation level to protect themselves. if we do loose him and gain a second or third round pick we are still in great shape.