T.O. back with the Bills in 2010?

machinegun12

I think it serves no good purpose bringing T.O. back to Buffalo. Although he did a good job controlling his temperament, which might have been directed by his agent, his lack of effort on too many plays kind of neutralized anything good that he brought. Unless, we are again the only team interested like last season, and agree to overpay like last season, he probably wouldn't want to come here anyway, as I am sure he didn't want to last year but had no other options. The only good veteran quarterback that might be available, will be McNabb and if lightning strikes and he actually came to Buffalo, I don't thing the Bills would bring T.O. back with their history together in Philly. You wouldn't trade for McNabb then bring in the idiot that threw him under the bus over and over with the media.

Him and McNabb are tight again FWIW.

Correctimundo!!!

For all we know TO is talking the Bills up to McNabb and lobbying to bring him here. Maybe TO actually wants to stay here but is holding out for an actual NFL caliber QB.

I think it serves no good purpose bringing T.O. back to Buffalo. Although he did a good job controlling his temperament, which might have been directed by his agent, his lack of effort on too many plays kind of neutralized anything good that he brought. Unless, we are again the only team interested like last season, and agree to overpay like last season, he probably wouldn't want to come here anyway, as I am sure he didn't want to last year but had no other options. The only good veteran quarterback that might be available, will be McNabb and if lightning strikes and he actually came to Buffalo, I don't thing the Bills would bring T.O. back with their history together in Philly. You wouldn't trade for McNabb then bring in the idiot that threw him under the bus over and over with the media.

The old schoolers that are currently in charge could definitely make better use of Owens than the second rate sheep herders that were coaching the offense last year. I would take the guy back in a heartbeat, but cmon its not happening. All I am left with is a useless replica jersey someone bought me for mucho $$ last year and is now just collecting dust. Wish she bought be a Jackson jersey instead.. LOL :rolleyes:

he cannot catch the ball. period. terribly overrated. this guy is going to the hall of fame? he makes braylon edwards look like jerry rice.

According to the Washington Post and Stats.com, Owens tied for fourth in the league with 9 Passes dropped. NINE! Ahead of him on the list were washed up players like Dallas Clark and Santonio Holmes. Calvin Johnson and Marques Colston each had eight drops and Andre Johnson, Brandon Marshall and Randy Moss had 7 -- I guess those guys all suck too?

Some of you hammer heads really need to stop believing the garbage that the so-called "analysts" spew during their T.O. rants. IMO Owens was the best receiver on the Bills in '09 -- Evans can not get open like he can. Sure Owens had his share of drops -- but more than a few were the result of the piss-poor throws by Buffalo's all-star laden QB's.

NFL drops in '09

actually watching espn, TO is a leading candidate to go to baltimore... they need receivers apparently

I don't know if this is a joke or not, but do you think Ozzie Newsome and the Ravens ownership would bring in a guy who basically told them to go $!@*& themselves after they traded for him back in I think 2003? I think not. I would say it's a safe bet to count out the Ravens and the Eagles......and the 49ers.

I don't know if this is a joke or not, but do you think Ozzie Newsome and the Ravens ownership would bring in a guy who basically told them to go $!@*& themselves after they traded for him back in I think 2003? I think not. I would say it's a safe bet to count out the Ravens and the Eagles......and the 49ers.

well... he made the picture on the article posted a month ago on the raven's website about them looking for high-profile WR's

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/Articl..._Receivers.aspx

anything on ESPN must be in insider...

actually watching espn, TO is a leading candidate to go to baltimore... they need receivers apparently

...Who just signed Donte Stallworth. Mark it down, Owens will be in Chi-town in 2010. Gimme some young blood and FREAKING rebuild! Secondly, he's going to be 36 this year, with ZERO Superbowl rings. He's undoubtably one of the best ever, and the Bears are way closer to a ring than we are. When the press asked him if he'd be open to coming back next season, what did you want him to say? "HELL NO, BUFFALO SUCKS!" Yeah, that wasn't gonna happen. I mean, the guy had an unbelievable streak of consecutive games with a catch that was broke in the New Orleans game this past year. He won't be back, doesn't wanna be back. He wasted his time here, we wasted his time being here, and our poor play made him a laughing stock last year. So no, he won't be back, I dont want him back, I want to see what Steve Johnson, James Hardy and others have to offer. Spare me any more quick fixes. If you're going to rebuild, actually do it.

he cannot catch the ball. period.

He holds the Bills record for the longest TD reception in franchise history. Somehow he managed to catch that one. Bring him back I say.

And another thing. Everyone says 31 teams passed on him. No one would take him so he had to go to Buffalo, blah, blah, blah

He singed with us on the first or second day of free agency. He could have waited for other offers to roll in over the course of the next month or so, but signed with us.

Please come back Mr. TO

He holds the Bills record for the longest TD reception in franchise history. Somehow he managed to catch that one. Bring him back I say.

And another thing. Everyone says 31 teams passed on him. No one would take him so he had to go to Buffalo, blah, blah, blah

He singed with us on the first or second day of free agency. He could have waited for other offers to roll in over the course of the next month or so, but signed with us.

Please come back Mr. TO

Yeah, with the billions of dropped passes, he still led the Bills in receiving with 55 catches for 829 yards (Lee beat him in TD's, scoring 1 more total than TO did). Imagine what he could have done with a real QB and OC?

According to the Washington Post and Stats.com, Owens tied for fourth in the league with 9 Passes dropped. NINE! Ahead of him on the list were washed up players like Dallas Clark and Santonio Holmes. Calvin Johnson and Marques Colston each had eight drops and Andre Johnson, Brandon Marshall and Randy Moss had 7 -- I guess those guys all suck too?

Some of you hammer heads really need to stop believing the garbage that the so-called "analysts" spew during their T.O. rants. IMO Owens was the best receiver on the Bills in '09 -- Evans can not get open like he can. Sure Owens had his share of drops -- but more than a few were the result of the piss-poor throws by Buffalo's all-star laden QB's.

NFL drops in '09

Before you call someone a "hammerhead", you should have a better grasp on the stats that you are citing.

Clark, Holmes, Johnson and Colston had far more catches than TO, who had 9 drops against only 55 catches.

If you think that TO is as good as any of the the guys you just mentioned, you are either nuts or in some sort of time machine.

TO was brought in and absolutely nothing happened. We cannot do worse without him.

Let some other sucker pay him.

Before you call someone a "hammerhead", you should have a better grasp on the stats that you are citing.

Clark, Holmes, Johnson and Colston had far more catches than TO, who had 9 drops against only 55 catches.

If you think that TO is as good as any of the the guys you just mentioned, you are either nuts or in some sort of time machine.

TO was brought in and absolutely nothing happened. We cannot do worse without him.

Let some other sucker pay him.

There are lies, damn lies, and statistics. Looking at the drops versus his production, while ignoring the QB and OC/scheme, and then somehow concluding that the Bills would be no worse without him, is laughable. And forget about the money: there's no salary cap this year.

There are lies, damn lies, and statistics. Looking at the drops versus his production, while ignoring the QB and OC/scheme, and then somehow concluding that the Bills would be no worse without him, is laughable. And forget about the money: there's no salary cap this year.

When you have our owner, there is always a salary cap.

Yeah that's what some people say.....

Anyway, this past season the Bills passing offense, with the great TO and all of his magical powers (he'll improve the running game!, he'll improve all of our young WRs!, he'll improve our DBs!!), dropped from 22 in '08 to 30th in '09. Oh, and in Dallas, without TO, their offense went from 9th in '08 to 6th in '09. TO was easily replaced by a bench warmer.

The obvious conclusion is that the Bills were no better with TO than last year without TO. Since Fitz took over for the crappy TE, how can you say we were worse off this year at QB? If Fitz was an upgrade (even a tiny one)----and we had TO how is it that the passing game got worse? The OC/scheme? Don't remember you having a problem with AVP....

Look, weather your QB is Joe Montana or Billy Barty, if you have 9 drops against only 55 catches, you didn't have a good year.

And who cares about "no cap"? Why does that mean you "need" to burn more money on TO?? Only in your world...

Only reason to bring back TO in my opinion is if they find some team hot to trade for one trick pony Evans and they need some veteran leadership. TO showed he could be mature on a team for a year but I do not think TO and Evans complement each other well.

Yeah that's what some people say.....

Anyway, this past season the Bills passing offense, with the great TO and all of his magical powers (he'll improve the running game!, he'll improve all of our young WRs!, he'll improve our DBs!!), dropped from 22 in '08 to 30th in '09. Oh, and in Dallas, without TO, their offense went from 9th in '08 to 6th in '09. TO was easily replaced by a bench warmer.

The obvious conclusion is that the Bills were no better with TO than last year without TO. Since Fitz took over for the crappy TE, how can you say we were worse off this year at QB? If Fitz was an upgrade (even a tiny one)----and we had TO how is it that the passing game got worse? The OC/scheme? Don't remember you having a problem with AVP....

Look, weather your QB is Joe Montana or Billy Barty, if you have 9 drops against only 55 catches, you didn't have a good year.

And who cares about "no cap"? Why does that mean you "need" to burn more money on TO?? Only in your world...

We all knew TO had a penchant for dropping passes. It's like saying water is wet. Why you or anyone else thought this problem would magically disappear in Buffalo is unknown. But he dropped 9 passes, which works out to a little over half a dropped pass a game. Wow! Would you say that any of his dropped passes cost the Bills a victory, much less a chance at the playoffs? Versus the number of times Edwards or Fitz missed him (or Evans) being totally wide open? Because what he did do was catch 55 passes for 829 yards, to lead the Bills in receiving. Who do you think will be able to replace this, as a #2 WR, or even as a #1 WR without a #2 like him? And I'm LOL at hearing you call Miles Austin a "bench warmer." Even moreso since Roy Williams was supposed to be TO's replacement (what were ol' Roy's numbers again?).

I know you don't want to consider the effect the QB'ing, OC'ing (regardless of what I initially thought AVP could do, he proved to be a failure), and state of the O-line had on TO. The fact is that none of the Bills' QB's last year would start for another team and would in no way be confused with the likes of Manning, Brees, Roesthlisberger, or even Schaub. Perhaps if the offense had stayed exactly the same from 2008 to 2009, save for the addition of TO, your argument would hold more water. But you're just making ridiculous excuses because you have a silly personal vendetta. We get it.