Top 15 Tackles

Astrobot

Everything is an educated guess at this point, but our board is a synthesis of 3 draft sites and two guys who do this for a living. Here's what we have so far.

Top-15 Offensive Tackles

Round 1

4 Russell Okung

10 Bryan Bulaga

14 Trent Williams

18 Anthony Davis

27 Bruce Campbell

31 Charles Brown

Round 2

Nobody

Round 3

83 Jason Fox

94 Rodger Saffold

Round 4 and Later

97 Selvish Capers

106 Jared Veldheer

123 Kyle Calloway

126 Ciron Black

152 Sam Young

157 Zane Beadles

160 Ed Wang

Everything is an educated guess at this point, but our board is a synthesis of 3 draft sites and two guys who do this for a living. Here's what we have so far.

Top-15 Offensive Tackles

Round 1

4 Russell Okung

10 Bryan Bulaga

14 Trent Williams

18 Anthony Davis

27 Bruce Campbell

31 Charles Brown

Round 2

Nobody

Round 3

83 Jason Fox

94 Rodger Saffold

Round 4 and Later

97 Selvish Capers

106 Jared Veldheer

123 Kyle Calloway

126 Ciron Black

152 Sam Young

157 Zane Beadles

160 Ed Wang

As always, thanks for the contribution Astro.

I disagree regarding round 2 value, however, as I think both Brown and Capers will end up there. I also think that Davis will likely go ahead of Williams in round 1, and possibly even ahead of Bulaga if the team that selects the 2nd OT is looking for a better athlete.

Black and Saffold are guys that I've always felt would be better off playing in limited space as guards, but overall I think you're pretty much on target here.

As always, thanks for the contribution Astro.

I disagree regarding round 2 value, however, as I think both Brown and Capers will end up there. I also think that Davis will likely go ahead of Williams in round 1, and possibly even ahead of Bulaga if the team that selects the 2nd OT is looking for a better athlete.

Black and Saffold are guys that I've always felt would be better off playing in limited space as guards, but overall I think you're pretty much on target here.

Baluga, Davis or Williams fit the bill for the Bills. One of the three should be ours. I'd go with Baluga, Davis or Williams in that order. I suspect we'll have a choice between Davis or Williams.

From the little I've seen, I think Bulaga may struggle with some athletic pass rushers as a LT. Has anyone seen more of him that can refute that point? He is an excellent run blocker though. My concern with drafting him is he may end up on the right side.

From the little I've seen, I think Bulaga may struggle with some athletic pass rushers as a LT. Has anyone seen more of him that can refute that point? He is an excellent run blocker though. My concern with drafting him is he may end up on the right side.

Having a great right side tackle wouldn't hurt. The O-line sucked at both tackle positions.

Okung and Bulaga are the only left Tackles I think. Davis could be very good on the right side, and Williams scares me anywhere. Ciron black may be a good late round pick to slide inside to G, but his height and size may hurt him.

What's wrong with Trent Williams? Is it his size? I keep reading everywhere that Trent Williams may not project well into an NFL tackle, but why? I'm not sure, but I thought I read a month ago that he was only 6 ft tall...and that's why nobody wants him...but after I double check today, he's listed as 6 ft 6 everywhere...am I going crazy??

Having a great right side tackle wouldn't hurt. The O-line sucked at both tackle positions.

True. Then again, you're not the one opening up the checkbook and paying this potential RT as though he were a LT.

Man, does the next CBA need to address rookie salaries. Badly!

I think you're half-right. Bulaga is indeed a better run blocker than a pass protector, but I don't think that's because he has a deficiency in pass protection, I think it's because he's an exceptional run blocker.

It's hard to make a case by analyzing performance against college competition, but he completely manhandled Derrick Morgan in the Orange Bowl, and Morgan is considered by many to be the top pass rusher in the draft (certainly in the top 2).

I think he'll turn out to be a very good LT.

Dudes, I think we need a nose tackle if we are switching to 3-4. Strouds cannot play every down and even if he can, I don't see how he is going to take up two blockers.

We could pick up mount cody in the 2nd or Cam Thomas/Torell Troup in the 3rd. There is actually a decent amount of guys who can play the nose in this draft.

What's wrong with Trent Williams? Is it his size? I keep reading everywhere that Trent Williams may not project well into an NFL tackle, but why? I'm not sure, but I thought I read a month ago that he was only 6 ft tall...and that's why nobody wants him...but after I double check today, he's listed as 6 ft 6 everywhere...am I going crazy??

I remeber reading a scouting report that did not grade him well. He has/had slow feet, He also played poorly against Miami Hurricanes. I feel like he grades to a RT not a LT and that's why he's sliding to 15-20.

Top-15 Offensive Tackles

Round 1

4 Russell Okung

10 Bryan Bulaga

14 Trent Williams

18 Anthony Davis

27 Bruce Campbell

31 Charles Brown

Round 2

Nobody

Round 3

83 Jason Fox

94 Rodger Saffold

Round 4 and Later

97 Selvish Capers

106 Jared Veldheer

123 Kyle Calloway

126 Ciron Black

152 Sam Young

157 Zane Beadles

160 Ed Wang

Ed Wang.

Dudes, I think we need a nose tackle if we are switching to 3-4. Strouds cannot play every down and even if he can, I don't see how he is going to take up two blockers.

We might conceivably trade down on the first round and get Dan Williams of Tennessee, and pick up two tackles in the second round? That would give us the nose tackle that we need and also give us two good tackles from the second rank of OT'S.

I'm still of the opinion that taking the best OT at 9 is the way to go, but would love to see Dan Williams playing for us.