Care to offer your opinion on Edwards as QB next year

Beerball

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let Trent Edwards compete for his position like everyone else. Why are people so afraid of that?

Because he sucks and the more reps we give to the bum the more quality reps taken from the guy that should be our starter (note: who isn't on our roster yet). The guy suck, seen enough of him, time to move on.

Right now I could care less. Until we have a quarterback brought in worth a damn at the position, or someone with at least potential to be a franchise qb, Edwards is still probably our safest bet. I think the guy is scared of his shadow. Partly due to the coaching he received from the Jauron regime, and partly because of the oline/injuries/and his overall incompetence. Currently though he's the best of a horrible group of qb's.

I'm not optimistic, even if its only between Brohm, Fitz and TE that TE would be our qb. That being said none of them will do anything with our existing offensive line. I'd give TE a chance to perform this year with a line which includes our number one draft choice a free agent or two and Wood and Levitre/Icognito. For TE its put up or shut up (or go away) time.

I trust that the current coaching staff is evaluating EVERY player on this roster and looking to determine if 1) We keep Them, 2) We do not want them however they have trade value 3)We dont need them and dont think we can get a 7th rounder for them so we cut them. I have no idea were Trent fits in but I think likely answer is 2 or 3

You know...I'm kind of ok with it.

On condition we acquire one of the 4 star UFA or RFA's available at LT. Condition 2 - all of a sudden we are shallow at RB with Marshawn a question mark - have to consider a strong bu at RB.

Give TE a shot with a high performing OL/running game. Put any qb in with our recent OL's/running game..they'd suck.

I'd rather give Trent a shot with a competent offensive line than giving up valuable early round draft picks for lousy aging FA quarterbacks that have proven they are either near the end of their careers (ie McNabb) or QB's that have shown they suck (ie . Campbell, Thigpen, Brady, Anderson etc.).

I'd rather concentrate our efforts on the offensive and defensive lines and let Trent or Brohm see if they can lead this team and draft Lafavour, Tebow or Pike in rounds 3 or 4 to groom.

Because he sucks and the more reps we give to the bum the more quality reps taken from the guy that should be our starter (note: who isn't on our roster yet). The guy suck, seen enough of him, time to move on.

You are going to be a very irate hombre when this team drafts an OT or D-lineman with their first pick, especially if Clausen or Bradford are still on the board. I know you don't want to hear it but Nix is a bread and butter type of person. He is not going for the glitz; he is going for the trenches. Prepare yourself for the inevitable. :rolleyes:

The reality is that he has to be considered for the starting role as he remains under contract. This is not any different than any other QB under contract should be considered along with FA's and potential draft additions. He is by no means a lock and to Sully's point based on last season's effort is not at the top of the list absent significant improvement under the new regime.