Good McShay article on the Draft

BeastMode54

I disagree to an extent in that with regard to an elite QB, you're not just drafting for this year, but for five-six years down the road. I don't know if Claussen is a legit top ten pick - opinions vary - but if he is, you take him. He's not going to do much this upcoming year anyway. If they truly feel he's not legit, then grab a guy who is on the offensive or defensive lines.

Overall, the story was good, but he's wrong about McKelvin. McKelvin was starting before he got hurt, he wasn't really a need (they had Greer and McGee), and was by all accounts the top CB in the draft (one of McShay's big four positions). So in pretty much every respect, he's off the mark w/regard to McKelvin. The Bills can be criticized for a lot, but not for that.

great logic take a guy @ 9 who may play as you say in 3 to 5 years over a stud OT,DT or LB who will start from day one and be an impact player this year.

your out of your mind. thank God you are not running the bills draft this year,just ridiculoujs. blow another top 10 pick you have got to be freaking kidding me!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

great logic take a guy @ 9 who may play as you say in 3 to 5 years over a stud OT,DT or LB who will start from day one and be an impact player this year.

your out of your mind. thank God you are not running the bills draft this year,just ridiculoujs. blow another top 10 pick you have got to be freaking kidding me!

I'm with you and want to draft the best LT, DT, or LB available. I'm not a fan of any of the Qbs in this draft. However if the Bills really believe in one of those guys to be a franchise guy, you have to draft them. Rivers and Rodgers had to wait for 3 years to prove their value but I'm sure we'd like both on the Bills.

Obviously the goal is to make the playoffs. But it should also be to win the Super Bwol as well. You don't pass on a franchise QB if you believe there is one (I don't think there is though).

Biscuit, it's inarguable. You are the most consistently wrong, over-opinionated poster on TBD. Also, you are an incredible bag o' douche about it. One literally can go thru every bad move the Bills have made the past decade and just assign you as a supporter of it and the majority of people here would automatically believe it because your track record is just that bad. And they'd probably be right, because you don't just support EVERY move they make, you defend it as if you are going to receive a medal for being the top hate-fueled D-bag fan of the Buffalo Bills.

Some fans defend the Bills out of optimism, your online persona is that you just hate everything and everyone that doesn't point to the conclusion that the Bills are infallible. It's bizarre. Your insistence thru season after dismal season, that Dick Jauron was a head coaching equal to Bill Belichick bordered on insanity. Millen-esque? Oh, yeah.

Thank you Badol. Couldn't have said it better myself. :rolleyes:

All these draft experts are jokes, and if any of our talent evaluators are reading any of their draft books, then the Bills are in deep doo doo. But this guys article is right on. I've always thought that you draft the best available player. Especially at this point in the Bills ever-rebuilding stage. Need picks are a luxury that elite teams have earned when good talent is distributed throughout the team. But the Bills are no where's near there. A draft of a QB due to need (especially one in this weak QB draft) would be a huge mistake.

Biscuit, it's inarguable. You are the most consistently wrong, over-opinionated poster on TBD. Also, you are an incredible bag o' douche about it. One literally can go thru every bad move the Bills have made the past decade and just assign you as a supporter of it and the majority of people here would automatically believe it because your track record is just that bad. And they'd probably be right, because you don't just support EVERY move they make, you defend it as if you are going to receive a medal for being the top hate-fueled D-bag fan of the Buffalo Bills.

Some fans defend the Bills out of optimism, your online persona is that you just hate everything and everyone that doesn't point to the conclusion that the Bills are infallible. It's bizarre. Your insistence thru season after dismal season, that Dick Jauron was a head coaching equal to Bill Belichick bordered on insanity. Millen-esque? Oh, yeah.

:w00t:

Pretty much... :worthy:

the only real flaw in his article is we need a QB. You can't win in this league without a stud QB. These 'game managers' don't get it done any longer. If you don't have a cat at the QB position that scares teams and has the other teams respect, you won't win ****.

Great point. But the point of the article is just because you need a QB, and draft one high, doesnt mean you have that cat and your problem is solved, ie, JP Losman.