Quick hits

Sources say McNabb said NO to Buffalo. Can Kolb be an option?

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/nfl/bills/rumors.html

McGahee has interest in Detroit

Want a cheap WHO DAT shirt? Go here ===> http://6dollarshirts.com/t-shirts/We-Dat-Nation-p-11365.html

Ex BILLS TE -Mark Campbell was asked to join the team in 2009 but refused

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writ...ints/index.html

Who has Insider? There is an Edwards article at the bottom

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/ru...atures%2frumors

Colts sign QB Drew Willy

Edwards thread on insider:

Gailey passing on Clausen for Edwards?

The Buffalo Bills may choose to pass on Notre Dame's Jimmy Clausen at No. 9 in the draft to give Trent Edwards a shot at winning the starting job. It may have a lot to do with new coach Chan Gailey's preference at the position. As the Buffalo News' Mark Gaughan points out, "Gailey has made the quarterback position work with Mike Tomczak, Kordell Stewart, Jay Fiedler and, to a lesser extent, Tyler Thigpen. I think there's a fair chance he's going to look at Edwards and say, 'Let's see what we can do for a season with this guy.' "

There was speculation that they might pursue Donovan McNabb, and they may have already looked into the possibility. But if Gailey misses out on the McNabb sweepstakes, he'll take a long hard look at Edwards -- in person and on film. And it won't be a good sign for Edwards if Gailey drafts Clausen or another first-round QB anyway.

Right now, Scouts Inc.'s Todd McShay has the Bills going with Oklahoma's Sam Bradford in his mock draft.

DEAR GOD I HOPE NOT! <_<

Edwards thread on insider:

Gailey passing on Clausen for Edwards?

The Buffalo Bills may choose to pass on Notre Dame's Jimmy Clausen at No. 9 in the draft to give Trent Edwards a shot at winning the starting job. It may have a lot to do with new coach Chan Gailey's preference at the position. As the Buffalo News' Mark Gaughan points out, "Gailey has made the quarterback position work with Mike Tomczak, Kordell Stewart, Jay Fiedler and, to a lesser extent, Tyler Thigpen. I think there's a fair chance he's going to look at Edwards and say, 'Let's see what we can do for a season with this guy.' "

There was speculation that they might pursue Donovan McNabb, and they may have already looked into the possibility. But if Gailey misses out on the McNabb sweepstakes, he'll take a long hard look at Edwards -- in person and on film. And it won't be a good sign for Edwards if Gailey drafts Clausen or another first-round QB anyway.

Right now, Scouts Inc.'s Todd McShay has the Bills going with Oklahoma's Sam Bradford in his mock draft.

DEAR GOD I HOPE NOT! :lol:

Thanks alot Munchman <_<

In the right system Edwards could be the answer. That is a system with max QB protection - 4 TEs and 2 RB to check down on - and a # Defense in the league. Then I think it could actually work!

I agree MAYBE, and I mean MAYBE, with a good O-Coordinator Trent might have something still. I am on board that when Trent got hit by Adrian Wilson, he hasnt been the same since. Im not sure this lack of confidence and the 'scaredness' can be solved by anyone but himself. Trent has to help Trent IMO.

I hope either way he is still on this roster, wether we draft a QB, bring in a vet, or do both. Realistically, I think Trent has more upside then Fitz or Brohm IF again he can gain his confidence back.

I agree MAYBE, and I mean MAYBE, with a good O-Coordinator Trent might have something still. I am on board that when Trent got hit by Adrian Wilson, he hasnt been the same since. Im not sure this lack of confidence and the 'scaredness' can be solved by anyone but himself. Trent has to help Trent IMO.

I hope either way he is still on this roster, wether we draft a QB, bring in a vet, or do both. Realistically, I think Trent has more upside then Fitz or Brohm IF again he can gain his confidence back.

Concussions are unpredictable. Sometimes a player can get over it in a week or two.....or a year. Or sometimes they're never the same. At the QB position the brain has to process a lot of information in a very short period of time. It may be that Trent's brain hasn't fully recovered yet. Or worse, it won't recover. That's a sad thing and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Concussions are unpredictable. Sometimes a player can get over it in a week or two.....or a year. Or sometimes they're never the same. At the QB position the brain has to process a lot of information in a very short period of time. It may be that Trent's brain hasn't fully recovered yet. Or worse, it won't recover. That's a sad thing and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

agreed. He really had a great first quarter of 2008 and was 3 for 3 against Arizona before (actually before and during) going down. Hasn't been the same since. Couple big hits this year haven't helped

In the right system Edwards could be the answer. That is a system with max QB protection - 4 TEs and 2 RB to check down on - and a #1 Defense in the league. Then I think it could actually work!

yeah, even Trent Dilfer can win with a great defense

In the right system Edwards could be the answer. That is a system with max QB protection - 4 TEs and 2 RB to check down on - and a #1 Defense in the league. Then I think it could actually work!

Bill Cowher was talking about when he worked with Chan mentioning a game where they where depleted with injuries at wide reciever and Chan came up with something that sounded like the offense that you are talking about here, you may be right.

yeah, even Trent Dilfer can win with a great defense

Dilfer only won when paired with not just a great defense, but with a defense that was in the top 3 all time. I even think that in the AFC playoffs they only won one of those games due to a defensive score.

It is not reasonable to go with a journeyman, or expect a journeyman to win in Buffalo, because of what happened to Dilfer.

So, to fix your post;

Yeah, even Trent Dilfer can win with a top-5 all-time defense.

The jackasses that think that this team can win with a stopgap QB because of what happened with Dilfer are retards.

So many physicians on the board! <_<

I think he's just saying that Edwards might get another shot - and, if the coaches and staff would rather build up the lines this year and evaluate Trent and Brohm behind a good O-line, then thats o.k. with me. Physically our QB's have enough. So much of the game is mental, though. Can we teach Edwards back to where he's playing good? I'll leave that to the experts. I think, though, that if there were a true franchise type QB available to Buffalo then they'd jump at getting him. If they stay with Edwards or Brohm this year it is because they don't want to reach on a guy that might not be any better. In that case, I've got to agree.

If by the grace of God Claussen is there at #9, I don't see the Bills passing on him, whether Trent remains on the roster or not. If Bradford is there I would hesitate. Concerns about durability and more of a risk than Claussen with respect to transitioning to the next level. Claussen is not an attractive personality, but he has the "it" factor and has proven his grit by playing through injury and dominating even as a junior. He is certainly the most NFL ready of the two top guys. With the Rams, Skins and Seahawks all in desperate need of a QB, I doubt either will be there for us. I would pass on the rest of this year's class.

Thanks. Tailor made for this franchise. Too bad we won't be able to land him. I'm sure Shanny has seen the tape (and spoken to Weiss).

the longest throw he put up in the air was around the 45-50 yd mark, all the top 6 qbs in this draft can throw it that far. I'll say it again, there is nobody with "elite" arm strength in this draft. so why not take the most versatile guy with the highest upside, and by that I mean, Dan Lefevour.

the longest throw he put up in the air was around the 45-50 yd mark, all the top 6 qbs in this draft can throw it that far. I'll say it again, there is nobody with "elite" arm strength in this draft. so why not take the most versatile guy with the highest upside, and by that I mean, Dan Lefevour.

Child, please. Kyle Bowler can throw the ball 70 yards from his knees. Jamarcus Russell can throw a strawberry through a wall. JP Lossman has a howitzer.