Bills offseason preview from Fox (AFC East)

Beerball

Call it as you see it. What are your 1-5?

1. LT

2. NT

3. QB

4. OLB

5. WR/RB*

RB because I have a feeling we might use Lynch and Schobel as trade bait to land us a big fish at one of the other positions. Or maybe thats just wishful thinking.

WR because I'm not sure where we are with Hardy.

Disclaimer: I'm not as knowledgeable as some of the other fans on the forum. I'm fairly new to the game. But I love the Bills and everyday on this forum has been a fun learning experience!

I am going to say some of them are going to be tied. Like...

1) NT/QB

2) LT

3)OLB

NT is the most important part of the 3-4 offense. If we don't get at least an average player there, that defense will be crap. QB seems to be just as important as a need.

We need a LT before a QB b/c no matter who you get to play under center, he can't pass on his back.

+1

Though I would rearrange the ranking

1. Red Endzones

2. LB

3. QB

4. LT

5. NT

I second that emotion! Listening to the D staff, a Big NT is nice but not necessary. I see Kyle Williams on a crash wt gain program to bulk up to 220-230 and filling the bill so to speak. Would love to see a difference maker LB like Ray Lewis fall into our laps. QB can waite for a re-e v a l by the new staff, and a LT a little later in the draft.

Our needs are as follows:

#1 LT

#2 QB

#3 NT

The Bills must fill all three starting positions.

One scenario the Bills could follow would be to not give up any picks this year for a vet QB or even draft a QB very high (rounds 1-4) while waiting until next year to fill the starting QB spot.

By doing that, they could concentrate on building up their O-line and D-line/LBs.

Until the Bills acquire a stud LT it's not really going to matter who starts at QB because he's not going to have much of a chance.

1- QB (Most important position in football)

2- LT (Protects the most important position)

3- NT (The center piece of any decent 3-4)

4- OLB (Don't know if Maybin and Schobel can fill that need)

5- MLB (Don't know if Poz and especially Mitchel can fill that need)

Now seeing as there are no free agent QB's worth a long term solution (A few decent 1 year stop gap guys like Kerry Collins and Chad Pennington but that's about it) in either free agency or the draft I think we should focus our attention with pick number 9 on getting a LT and focus our 2nd round pick on building the new 3-4 D (Hopefully Terrance Cody or another NT).

Honestly if you can't find a QB then you mine as well find someone that puts a QB in the best position to have success and that's a good blindside protector. My top two wish picks are Buluga at pick 9 and Terrance Cody at pick 41. To get a LT and a NT in the draft is a great way to build up the lines and fill 2 top needs.