If the Bills are smart they will trade up to #2 and get Ndamukong Suh

Bill Cowher

Well, you want to give up 2 first rounders, possibly more, to get one player when we need a lot more. The only logic behind that is that either the bills have no holes to fill or football is a one person game. Which niether is true. It is better to get 2 great players than just one elite player.

yeah that all sounds great but you tell me the last time buffalo got a GREAT player at picks 8-12. they F it up every freakin year! There is as guarented of an elite player as your see sitting there at #2. GO GET HIM

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

swap picks with them this year. so they still get a top ten pick. give them your 1 and 4th next year and throw in lynch and you could get him. I would do it in a second

Great, you want to give them 3 picks (2 of them firsts!) and a player (create another hole) for one player? what the hell is the matter with you... why not just cut all of our wide recievers and resign Owens to be our only reciever :unsure:

and how can you compare the lions and the bills? The lions already have the number 2 spot. They don't have to give up anything to get him. if the bills want to get him, it will cost them an arm and a leg.

If the bills keep their picks, they could get a stud QB, a decent LT, and good defensive player. YOur way, we will still have Edwards getting sacked trying to make a pass to a running back because he sucks and has no one to block for him. You just don't want the bills to score on offense :doh:

Debate is fine, childish name calling isn't.

We aren't the Lions. You're proposing a costly trade up for a guy who doesn't fit our scheme. To use you're words, that's idiotic.

Suh is hands down the best player in this draft. But he would do us no good because he doesn't project as a NT. It's that simple. And like I said, we have other more important needs.

YOU MAKE NO SENSE! You just admit he is hands down the best player in the draft but you dont want him cause he doesn't fit your scheme. I mean that is a good way of looking at things if your trying to set your franchise back 20 years! Is there something that is written in stone that says the bills have to even play a 3-4? This whole 4-3, 3-4 thing is such a joke. If you got a Reggie White, Warren Sapp, Bruce Smith, Dwight Freeney sitting there YOU DRAFT HIM! I don't give a dam what you kind of defense you run. If you don't agree with that then sorry you are out of your skull

Great, you want to give them 3 picks (2 of them firsts!) and a player (create another hole) for one player? what the hell is the matter with you... why not just cut all of our wide recievers and resign Owens to be our only reciever :unsure:

and how can you compare the lions and the bills? The lions already have the number 2 spot. They don't have to give up anything to get him. if the bills want to get him, it will cost them an arm and a leg.

If the bills keep their picks, they could get a stud QB, a decent LT, and good defensive player. YOur way, we will still have Edwards getting sacked trying to make a pass to a running back because he sucks and has no one to block for him. You just don't want the bills to score on offense :doh:

3 picks?? your getting there 1st rounder this year. your only giving them really 2 picks next year and a thug to go with it. more then worth for a defensive stud who can be a star for the next 12 years. oh wow we lose the 15th pick next year. booo hoooo. more then worth it

YOU MAKE NO SENSE! You just admit he is hands down the best player in the draft but you dont want him cause he doesn't fit your scheme. I mean that is a good way of looking at things if your trying to set your franchise back 20 years! Is there something that is written in stone that says the bills have to even play a 3-4? This whole 4-3, 3-4 thing is such a joke. If you got a Reggie White, Warren Sapp, Bruce Smith, Dwight Freeney sitting there YOU DRAFT HIM! I don't give a dam what you kind of defense you run. If you don't agree with that then sorry you are out of your skull

Positional value.

Suh is the best player available but if he isn't a fit for your team and doesn't fill a need, why would you draft him? He has no true position in a 3-4. Period. Suh is a dominant 4-3 DT. But we don't run that D no more. Ok?

Spending a high pick on a player you don't have a position for would set you back years.

Out of my skull? You propose an insane trade scenario that has us sacrificing all kinds of picks for a guy who plays a position that our defense doesn't have!

3 picks?? your getting there 1st rounder this year. your only giving them really 2 picks next year and a thug to go with it. more then worth for a defensive stud who can be a star for the next 12 years. oh wow we lose the 15th pick next year. booo hoooo. more then worth it

haha, yes. 3 picks

1st this year

1st next year

4th next year

and lynch

for one player! that IS three picks and a player for one player. can't you count?

haha, yes. 3 picks

1st this year

1st next year

4th next year

and lynch

for one player! that IS three picks and a player for one player. can't you count?

Did you ride the short bus to school? OMFG!!!! You are keeping your first round pick this year, your just moving up and swapping with them. So how in the hell are you counting that as giving them a pick this year? They are giving us there pick. They are the ones giving something up this year.

oh and I don't care if you got the best line in the league edwards SUCKS balls! So if you still think he's the ansewer that is all I need to know about who I am debating with. The guy is a complete headcase.

Yeah, I want to rid of edwards. That is why I would like a first round pick to draft a QB. But YOU want to rid of our picks this and next year to grab a defensive guy.

You are the one that wants to keep edwards if you want to use three picks for a defensive player.

Did you ride the short bus to school? OMFG!!!! You are keeping your first round pick this year, your just moving up and swapping with them. So how in the hell are you counting that as giving them a pick this year? They are giving us there pick. They are the ones giving something up this year.

I am not saying what we are "giving." I am saying what we are "using." We would be using 3 picks to get him. You know? We use three picks and we get one player? If you think we use those three picks and get two players, who is the 2nd player we are getting?

Positional value.

Suh is the best player available but if he isn't a fit for your team and doesn't fill a need, why would you draft him? He has no true position in a 3-4. Period. Suh is a dominant 4-3 DT. But we don't run that D no more. Ok?

Spending a high pick on a player you don't have a position for would set you back years.

Out of my skull? You propose an insane trade scenario that has us sacrificing all kinds of picks for a guy who plays a position that our defense doesn't have!

You know what you should do buddy? Go call the Portland Trail Blazers and ask them how that strategy worked out for them. You know they already had clyde Drexler at 2 guard and they really needed a center. They knew Jordan was the best player available but he didn't fit into there roster and they really needed a center! HELLO SAM BOWIE GOODBYE MJ. Your strategy can set back a franchise decades.

You know what you should do buddy? Go call the Portland Trail Blazers and ask them how that strategy worked out for them. You know they already had clyde Drexler at 2 guard and they really needed a center. They knew Jordan was the best player available but he didn't fit into there roster and they really needed a center! HELLO SAM BOWIE GOODBYE MJ. Your strategy can set back a franchise decades.

Basketball is VERY different from football :unsure:

In basketball you can have two great players and be an elite team. If footaball, you need more than just one or two good players.

I am not saying what we are "giving." I am saying what we are "using." We would be using 3 picks to get him. You know? We use three picks and we get one player? If you think we use those three picks and get two players, who is the 2nd player we are getting?

once again your not giving away all your picks! where do you get off saying that? You get a higher first rounder this year then what you would of had to go along with a elite player (suh) and then you still get the rest of your picks this year, rounds 2-7. next year you still get picks in round 2,3,5,6,7 So basically you give up 2 picks in 2011 to get a freak of nature and you get rid of a thug who sucks. ummmmm YES WHERE DO I SIGN UP?

He's in my opinion a once in a decade player. All signs are pointing to the Rams taking a Bradford right now. What would it take to move up 7 spots? I'm not exactly sure. But you find a way to do it even if you have to over pay for him! If you want to get a lot better sooner rather then later you do whatever it takes to get this beast!

No way. Suh is a great talent, but the Bills cannot afford to give up the number of picks it would take

to move up. If anything they should trade down from 9 and pick up an extra 2nd if they can. There's a lot of

good depth in this year's draft. Especially at DT.

Sorry to disappoint but if Suh is this dynamic once in a decade type talent why would the Lions trade down if he is available at pick 2. And honestly its all a long-shot that the Rams just won't take him with pick number 1. The Rams run a scheme totally fitting of Suh and there isn't a QB worth drafting with the number 1 overall pick. The Rams will build up their D with Suh and spend their 2nd and 3rd round picks on their offense.

The Rams are so far off that they will just take the best player in the draft.

once again an idiotic post! So your saying if your the lions right now and you had the 2nd pick and suh was sitting there you woudln't take him cause your team ran a 3-4?? Thank god your not buddy nix.

You remind me of Southegeorgiabilsfan who comes on here with a rediculous post and just stomps his feet and puts his fingers in his ears throwing a tantrum when just about everyone on here disagrees. You never provide any actual responses other than tantrums. Odds are that you are no older than 16 judging by your lame posts.

Seriously, DT is no where NEAR our most pressing need. Sure, it would be great to grab a guy like him, but the two biggest holes on this team by a mile are LT and QB. With Brohm in the house and having a lot of potential it takes the pressure off going QB round 1, especially since this years crop all have big question marks to begin with. Not to mention, word out of the FO so far is that they want to bring in a Vet to compete anyway. So, we would be best staying at #9 and grabbing best LT available, or possibly Rolando McClain if there isnt a Tackle there we like. In round 2, if we went LT in RD1 then we address LB or DL and maybe look at a QB in round 3. If one of the big QB prospects slips to round 2, then that might be hard to pass up as well, but thats not likely to happen.

Trading two #1's plus this years #2 or #3 (maybe even both) when this team needs serious help at LT, LB, DE, QB, and lacks depth at just about every position but CB is just about the stupidest thing we could possibly do. Suh will not get us anywhere near the playoffs next year on his own, not to mention he isnt an ideal fit for our new scheme.

Would he be a great addition, sure, but would hit hurt our team more to trade up a bounty to get him, yest.

So a big, vey big, NO THANKS!

once again your not giving away all your picks! where do you get off saying that? You get a higher first rounder this year then what you would of had to go along with a elite player (suh) and then you still get the rest of your picks this year, rounds 2-7. next year you still get picks in round 2,3,5,6,7 So basically you give up 2 picks in 2011 to get a freak of nature and you get rid of a thug who sucks. ummmmm YES WHERE DO I SIGN UP?

We are giving up two first rounders. The most important picks we have. That will ruin all of our other picks because we would be using 4th and 5th rounders to fill spots that should be filled with 1st and 2nd spots.