Seneca Wallace

Since alot of peiople seem to think we are going after a mobile QB (McNabb, Vick, Thigpen) Why not Seneca Wallace.

He has appeared in 48 games (couldnt find number of starts) But he started 3 last year and performend fairly well. He is a 7 year vet and was hand picked by Holmgren after many said he couldnt be a QB in the NFL.

Very mobile as evidenced by this video

Would come fairly cheap and be a decent solution until we can find a long term starter....Thoughts?

Note Signed 4 year deal in 2007

I guess I don't understand this idea that the team is going after a mobile qb (vick) Gailey was a college coach and that's the college game - completely different than the pro-game.

mobile = gimmick = fail

give me a pocket passer and a strong offensive line - Are the Mannings mobile? is Brady mobile? Rivers? Warner? etc, etc??

sure get Seneca Wallace - great idea!! maybe we can trick everyone by running a no-huddle?

I guess I don't understand this idea that the team is going after a mobile qb (vick) Gailey was a college coach and that's the college game - completely different than the pro-game.

mobile = gimmick = fail

give me a pocket passer and a strong offensive line - Are the Mannings mobile? is Brady mobile? Rivers? Warner? etc, etc??

sure get Seneca Wallace - great idea!! maybe we can trick everyone by running a no-huddle?

There is a reason that the fan base in Seattle wants their FO to draft a qb to groom to replace Matt.

I don't know I think Brohm may be a good interim option. Unless this staff can resurrect him to greatness. I don't understand why no one is giving Hamdan a good long look. The guy is a vet. Has a good arm. And seems to have a presence about him.

I don't know I think Brohm may be a good interim option. Unless this staff can resurrect him to greatness. I don't understand why no one is giving Hamdan a good long look. The guy is a vet. Has a good arm. And seems to have a presence about him.

He also knows how to take a solid pillow handoff from Ashanti.

Since alot of peiople seem to think we are going after a mobile QB (McNabb, Vick, Thigpen) Why not Seneca Wallace.

He has appeared in 48 games (couldnt find number of starts) But he started 3 last year and performend fairly well. He is a 7 year vet and was hand picked by Holmgren after many said he couldnt be a QB in the NFL.

Very mobile as evidenced by this video

Would come fairly cheap and be a decent solution until we can find a long term starter....Thoughts?

I think that I would rather start for the Bills than that scrub

mobile = gimmick = fail

Actually Eli , Warner, and Rivers are all pretty mobile. Peyton can leave the pocket if needed.

Brady not so much

Im for seneca wallace over brohm (sux), thigpen(why) and redman(who)...

I am beastmode23 and i approve his thread... :)

Why does this not surprise me one bit? Let me guess ... next we should pry JaMarcus Russell from Oakland, right?

I've seen Seneca play quite a bit. I was at the game this year vs. the Bears when he played good enough to win only to be beaten by a late bomb to Devin Hester. He has gotten a lot better. Still not great. Career 25 TDs 14 picks 83.1 rating. Has been to Super Bowl. Played under Mike Holmgren and had Jim Zorn as QB coach until last year.

I too would take him over Brohm and Pigpen and Trent and maybe Fitz. We could do a lot worse (and have). But hopefully we can do better.

I too wonder why everyone is always so hip on a "mobile" QB. Can anyone name a "Mobile" QB that has won a Super Bowl since Roger Staubach?

I've seen Seneca play quite a bit. I was at the game this year vs. the Bears when he played good enough to win only to be beaten by a late bomb to Devin Hester. He has gotten a lot better. Still not great. Career 25 TDs 14 picks 83.1 rating. Has been to Super Bowl. Played under Mike Holmgren and had Jim Zorn as QB coach until last year.

I too would take him over Brohm and Pigpen and Trent and maybe Fitz. We could do a lot worse (and have). But hopefully we can do better.

I too wonder why everyone is always so hip on a "mobile" QB. Can anyone name a "Mobile" QB that has won a Super Bowl since Roger Staubach?

You could argue Ben Roethlisberger....pretty mobile guy

I have someone who agrees seneca wallace over brohm..HAHA. :)

there really hasnt been that label of a "mobile qb" until maybe the early 2000s.. im guessing kordell stewart would be considerd the first true mobile QB..but who knows???...

but some mobile qbs that won the SB...

roger staubach

steve young

doug williams (arguable)

Big Ben (arguable)

Jim McMahon (arguable)

Why does everyone dis a guy they barely know anything about? Wallace has been a great QB for the Hawks when asked to be. He has a lot of starting experience too filling in for the oft injured Hasselback. Chack out his #s from 2008 when he started teh second half of the season for the IRed Hasselback.

http://www.nfl.com/players/senecawallace/p...le?id=WAL501121

1500+ yards, 11 TDs, and 3 picks in 10 games (8 starts). Id take a 3000 yrd passer who throws 20 TDs next season.

Why does everyone dis a guy they barely know anything about? Wallace has been a great QB for the Hawks when asked to be. He has a lot of starting experience too filling in for the oft injured Hasselback. Chack out his #s from 2008 when he started teh second half of the season for the IRed Hasselback.

http://www.nfl.com/players/senecawallace/p...le?id=WAL501121

1500+ yards, 11 TDs, and 3 picks in 10 games (8 starts). Id take a 3000 yrd passer who throws 20 TDs next season.

Agreed. Wallace is a average to solid NFL QB. He is certainly far better than any of the crap we ran out there last season. With Brohm being the unknown, I'd bet everything that Wallace has a far longer career than TE or Fitzpatrick.

I wouldn't mind him as another in the mix of things. We really don't need to bring in a mcnabb to succeed.

The draft is SO important this year, we don't need to lose/squander ANY of our 1st through 3rd round options.