New 2 Round Mock Draft

Well, we're definitely gonna need a LT and WR who can play. Don't know much about the Georgia Tech receiver, but I'm sure Chan does. Anyone else watch him?

He looks huge out there - more like a TE than a WR. I like him - but I'd be concerned he's just another Hardy, and we have one of them already. We drafted Hardy to be our big wideout and then found out he's too big and slow to get in and out of breaks and get open. Thomas might suffer from the same problem once he gets to the NFL and finds everyone is faster.

dont want a wr at 2 rd- this mock doesn't factor a move to 3-4. interesting that Cody is available a few spots ahead in rd 2.

wouldn't mind - McClain (1) Cody (2)

That would be great as long as they can plug the hole at LT with a solid FA.

Syracuse DT Arthur Jones was going in the mid to late 1st in the mock drafts back in Dec...now he is late 2nd or third.

He would be a great steal in the 3rd if he would drop that far.

I saw him play a few times this year and was impressed, but he didn't come across as a guy that fit in the 3-4 NT. He seemed to do well with getting off blocks and chasing down plays, but not so much closing holes and taking up blockers. Do you think he could handle it?

Don't mind the choice of Bulaga in the 1st rd.. but, going by the players available in the 2nd according to their mock, I'd rather have Brandon Spikes (ILB).

Based on who is available after our pick, there wouldn't be a question in my mind about taking Spikes. He and Poz inside would be a very nice combo.

My first choice there would be to trade up and get Cody. His benefit to the 3-4 would be huge.

If a WR had to be the choice, I'd rather have Gilyard over Thomas. But it's hard to know much about Thomas given the system that was being run at GT last season.

Based on who is available after our pick, there wouldn't be a question in my mind about taking Spikes. He and Poz inside would be a very nice combo.

My first choice there would be to trade up and get Cody. His benefit to the 3-4 would be huge.

If a WR had to be the choice, I'd rather have Gilyard over Thomas. But it's hard to know much about Thomas given the system that was being run at GT last season.

I would be reluctant to spend a 2nd round pick, let alone another pick (for the trade up) and a 2nd for a big fat

out of shape underachiever. If the guy couldn't be bothered to get in at least half decent shape for a job audition

(Senior Bowl) that could mean $Millions to him, then what will he be like once he actually gets paid?

If we take a OT in the first round I will be fine with that. I would like to see Rolondo McClain in the middle of our defense, but if we do take an OT it won't happen. However, Brandon Spikes should still be there in the second and we would be foolish to give up a draft choice and a day 1 starting MLB to get MT. Cody. If Florida would have won the National Championship everyone would be talking about Spikes as the top LB prospect. He would be a steal in the second. Yes we need a NT, but this draft is deep at DT. We desperately need some young, physical, agression at the LB position and McClain or Spikes would fit the bill.

dont want a wr at 2 rd- this mock doesn't factor a move to 3-4. interesting that Cody is available a few spots ahead in rd 2.

wouldn't mind - McClain (1) Cody (2)

I certainly agree that would be nice. The thing is, if both of the quarterbacks are gone by our pick then in seems like Bulaga is a solid pick. However, by switching the the 3-4, I would imagine that NT would be a high priority if we do not get a NT in free agency. Do you think it is possible that we will be making a big push for Vince Wolfork if he becomes available?

I saw him play a few times this year and was impressed, but he didn't come across as a guy that fit in the 3-4 NT. He seemed to do well with getting off blocks and chasing down plays, but not so much closing holes and taking up blockers. Do you think he could handle it?

he' a prototypical 3-4 end. I love both him and odrick