McShay Mock - Please God no....

sharper802

McShay "Offensive tackle and quarterback are chief among the Bills' needs, and they should draft a tackle if Davis, Okung or Bulaga is available. This scenario has them selecting the top quarterback prospect in the 2010 class, though. Bradford is a bit of a project because of his slight frame and the spread system he played in at Oklahoma, but he has the football intelligence and accuracy to be molded into a good starter in the NFL."

Kill me now if we use our top pick on a guy with a slight frame (Rob Johnson), injury prone(Losman, Johnson, Edwards), and has football intelligence(Edwards) who could be molded(Bills have failed to develop every QB except Kemp, Ferguson, and Kelly) in to a GOOD starter.

The Bills need a ProBowl LT or LB with the first pick. There are 5 QB's in this draft who are bigger, didn't play in the spread, and have just as good a chance or maybe better than Bradford to be a quality QB in the NFL. Many are likely to be available in the second through fourth rounds.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McShay "Offensive tackle and quarterback are chief among the Bills' needs, and they should draft a tackle if Davis, Okung or Bulaga is available. This scenario has them selecting the top quarterback prospect in the 2010 class, though. Bradford is a bit of a project because of his slight frame and the spread system he played in at Oklahoma, but he has the football intelligence and accuracy to be molded into a good starter in the NFL."

Kill me now if we use our top pick on a guy with a slight frame (Rob Johnson), injury prone(Losman, Johnson, Edwards), and has football intelligence(Edwards) who could be molded(Bills have failed to develop every QB except Kemp, Ferguson, and Kelly) in to a GOOD starter.

The Bills need a ProBowl LT or LB with the first pick. There are 5 QB's in this draft who are bigger, didn't play in the spread, and have just as good a chance or maybe better than Bradford to be a quality QB in the NFL. Many are likely to be available in the second through fourth rounds.

in my opinion QB is an after thought seeing how as we need offensive and defensive tackles.

A bit of a project? Every rookie (especially QBs) are a bit of a project.

Slight frame? Sam Bradford: 6'4 223. Tom Brady: 6'4 225. Eli Manning: 6'4 225. (all as per espn.com).

Spread system? McShay acts like the spread system doesn't exist in the NFL. The spread really hurts Tom Brady and the Pats when they run it 80% of the time on offense. Strictly playing the spread at Purdue really hurt Brees in the NFL as well.

I can see how someone may be concerned with his shoulder injury, but if doctors give him a clean bill of health going into the draft then he's by far the best QB in this class. His numbers in college were simply staggering:

Passing Stats

YEAR TEAM CMP ATT PCT YDS AVG TD LNG INT RAT

2007 OKLA 237 341 69.5 3121 9.2 36 65 8 176.52

2008 OKLA 328 483 67.9 4720 9.8 50 77 8 180.84

2009 OKLA 39 69 56.5 562 8.1 2 64 0 134.51

Also, McShay and Co. had Bradford being picked at number 1 overall about a year ago if he declared. I'll take that project anyday now. BUT, the word on the street is that Bradford will go #1 overall (who knows though). http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2010/...wn_and_sti.html

agreed. based on his college injury history , Sam Bradford will get broken in half by NFL defenses.

montana and brees both have "slight frames" by nfl standards.

I don't think there's any chance that the Bills are going to use their first pick on a QB. I think Gailey is going to look at all the tape from the last 2 years and I wouldn't be shocked if we wind up using a QB that's already on the roster. No QB coming out this year has any more talent than Brohm did coming out of college.

Fix the line, install a real offense and the QB situation will fix itself.

I don't think there's any chance that the Bills are going to use their first pick on a QB. I think Gailey is going to look at all the tape from the last 2 years and I wouldn't be shocked if we wind up using a QB that's already on the roster. No QB coming out this year has any more talent than Brohm did coming out of college.

I wouldn't mind giving Brohm a shot quite frankly b/c we'll have little alternative..but lets be honest, for you to say that strictly on collegiate careers alone, Bradford (or even Clausen) don't have any more talent than Brohm coming out of college is INSANE. What exactly do you base that statement on? Surely not numbers and surely not scouting reports.

The QB situation will fix itself? :worthy:

I think the quarterback that has the best chance of succeeded here considering the environment is Jimmy Clausen. I am starting to think that they should push to get Vick or McNabb and sign a franchise Left Tackle, if they can do it without screwing it up again (another Mike Williams pick).

As we move closer to the draft we'll know how good Bradford really is.

My guess is that Bradford will be selected well before the Bills select at #9 overall.

I'd love to see the Bills show some savvy for a change, trade their R1 pick down a few slots to pick up at least another R2 pick, and then select their starting LT to build their new "young gun" O-line around for the next decade.

A stud LT next to Levitre, Wood, and Incognito would give us a very young, but very talent O-line fo the long term.

Totally agree. I'm tired of getting beat at the line of scrimmage on bothe sides of the ball. However, I would have to look long and hard if Lefevre is sitting there in the third.

A bit of a project? Every rookie (especially QBs) are a bit of a project.

I agree to an extent but tell that to the string of probowl rookie tackles over the last few years. That's not even counting the ones that just performed at a very high level that DIDN'T make the probowl.

No. No way. Hell no! There is no way we should use #9 for a LB. I'm sorry I know we have a 3-4 and LB are important but QB or OL HAS TO BE addressed with our # 9 pick

For all of these people who are against Bradford, please tell me what changed your opinion from last season (when he would have likely been taken 1st or 5th in the draft) to this season? He had a shoulder injury and all of a sudden he is the most likely player to bust out of the 2010 draft class? Give me a break.

If Bradford falls to us it would be a steal.