A Very, Very Bad Sign:

Tolstoy

I am a Bledsoe supporter. Until now I have been certain that he would have a comeback year this year, mainly because I attributed our horrible offensive play last year to bad coaching. Now I am not so certain. Here is why:

The other day I read in the Boston Globe that Tom Brady just threw his first interception of training camp. Are you hearing this? His first interception of training camp!!!! I compared that with Bledsoe in training camp, who seems to get intercepted every day, and I began to put 2 and 2 together here. Either we have the most ball-hungry, interception crazy secondary (is this very likely?), or Bledsoe has just gotten sloppy. At any rate, I am a firm believer that as you do in practice, so you do in games. Is it no surprise that Bledsoe was picked off in his first series on Sunday? Is it no surprise that Brady is almost never picked off in games?

If Bledsoe is intercepted on Saturday, I will be convinced that we have a serious problem. That is all I am watching, so far as his play is concerned.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it no surprise that Brady is almost never picked off in games?

514[/snapback]

Brady and Bledsoe both threw 12 ints last year. In 2002, Bledsoe threw one more than Brady.

I'm not trying to compare the two, but you're starting your Bledsoe rant on shaky ground. There are lots of legitimate Bledsoe rants in this forum over the last several months - why don't you just cut and paste one of those?

By the way, you started your rant the right way - "I'm a Bledsoe supporter," which is the easiest way to identify a slam coming up against Bledsoe.

His first interception of training camp!!!!  I compared that with Bledsoe in training camp, who seems to get intercepted every day, and I began to put 2 and 2 together here.  Either we have the most ball-hungry, interception crazy secondary (is this very likely?), or Bledsoe has just gotten sloppy. 

514[/snapback]

Um...I have been to most of the Bills practices this camp and haven't seen Bledsoe throw very many pics (maybe one that I can remember). I think you are over reacting just a bit... :rolleyes:

Guest dostoevsky

Oh Jesus Tolstoy, there you go running off at the mouth again.

Perhaps I can offer a little bit of assistance by means of clarification...

Your elbow is the thing which lets your arm bend in the middle. Your ass is that which yaps incessantly, spreading half-baked prounouncements like a plague.

Oh Jesus Tolstoy, there you go running off at the mouth again.

Perhaps I can offer a little bit of assistance by means of clarification...

Your elbow is the thing which lets your arm bend in the middle.  Your ass is that which yaps incessantly, spreading half-baked prounouncements like a plague.

586[/snapback]

Oh boy here we go with TBD resident Russian philosophers trashtalk...have at it boys its friday i could use a good laugh

I am a Bledsoe supporter.  Until now I have been certain that he would have a comeback year this year, mainly because I attributed our horrible offensive play last year to bad coaching.  Now I am not so certain.  Here is why:

The other day I read in the Boston Globe that Tom Brady just threw his first interception of training camp.  Are you hearing this?  His first interception of training camp!!!!  I compared that with Bledsoe in training camp, who seems to get intercepted every day, and I began to put 2 and 2 together here.  Either we have the most ball-hungry, interception crazy secondary (is this very likely?), or Bledsoe has just gotten sloppy.  At any rate, I am a firm believer that as you do in practice, so you do in games.  Is it no surprise that Bledsoe was picked off in his first series on Sunday?  Is it no surprise that Brady is almost never picked off in games?

If Bledsoe is intercepted on Saturday, I will be convinced that we have a serious problem.  That is all I am watching, so far as his play is concerned.

514[/snapback]

I really am at a loss for words. You mean to tell me that Bledsoe has not mastered MM's new offense by reading the playbook in the off season. This makes me sick too. How do I get of his bandwagon? We'll jump of together.

Guest Chekov

Hey Fellas! Y'all think Bledsoe can really step it up this year? My guess is Pro Bowl numbers, playoffs and lots of Bledsoe haters trying to pretend that they knew he could do it all along.

p.s. Hey Tolstoy, The Myth of SissyFist is stupid. Nobody likes that book.

OK, now you guys are pissing me off.

First, Tolstoy is better known as a Russian novelist, not a philosopher. And IMO he is a hell of a lot better at writing novels than Dostoevski and Chekov. There is hope in Tolstoy, and only despair in the latter two.

Second, the Myth of Sisyphus was written by Sartre, not Tolstoy.

Third, just because someone may be critical of a player's play (as I am of Bledsoe, from time to time), does not mean he is not a supporter of that player. Gee whiz, everything isn't black and white (i.e., "on his bandwagon or off"). Get a little nuance in your thinking! I happen to think (and hope) that Bledsoe could do very well this year, provided the errors of the past are rectified. At the same time, I am a realist--I see Kurt Warner who seems to have suddenly lost his stevestojan, and wonder if the same is happening to Bledsoe. Perhaps you do not remember last year, but I do. I remember that horrible "deer in the headlights" look that Bledsoe assumed game after game. This year will tell if things are different.

Third, don't try to tell me that throwing picks in practice is meaningless. Performance in football, like anything, is all about habit. Perhaps he hasn't thrown as many in practice as I've been led to believe. That would be encouraging. All I know is, the first and most important imperative of quarterbacking is this: protect the damn ball!!!! And it was violated last year repeatedly.

Ok, now I feel better. Carry on.

I am a Bledsoe supporter.  Until now I have been certain that he would have a comeback year this year, mainly because I attributed our horrible offensive play last year to bad coaching.  Now I am not so certain.  Here is why:

The other day I read in the Boston Globe that Tom Brady just threw his first interception of training camp.  Are you hearing this?  His first interception of training camp!!!!  I compared that with Bledsoe in training camp, who seems to get intercepted every day, and I began to put 2 and 2 together here.  Either we have the most ball-hungry, interception crazy secondary (is this very likely?), or Bledsoe has just gotten sloppy.  At any rate, I am a firm believer that as you do in practice, so you do in games.  Is it no surprise that Bledsoe was picked off in his first series on Sunday?  Is it no surprise that Brady is almost never picked off in games?

If Bledsoe is intercepted on Saturday, I will be convinced that we have a serious problem.  That is all I am watching, so far as his play is concerned.

514[/snapback]

I think our secondary is stepping up :rolleyes:

Guest Guest_John from Hemet_*
It's hard to pick-off screen passes.

830[/snapback]

Hey...somebody does watch the games.... B)

Guest Guest_gringo starr_*
Second, the Myth of Sisyphus was written by Sartre, not Tolstoy.

No, it was ALBERT CAMUS.

Guest Hey Tolstoy
I think our secondary is stepping up :rolleyes:

862[/snapback]

Did you ever think maybe Bledsoe was purpsoely throwing to the DB's so they could practice INT's? Our deficiency in that category should have you just as concerned.

The Bledsoe rants and the trade Henry mantra are growing weary.

Archived