A Very, Very Bad Sign:

Tolstoy

Guest Stolichnaya

Russians talk a great game after chugging a glass of me. They've never held a sober thought worth a damn. Nothing to see here. Move along.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Reality Check
I'm not confident that Bledsoe will have some sort of break out year.  But that INT on the first series last weekend was not really his fault.  A Bronco took the ball right out of Moulds' hands and it is then technically a pick

960[/snapback]

Actually the INT wasn't his fault, BUT the ball should have never went to Moulds. What Bledsoe apologists fail to mention is that on that very same play, Drew had Josh Reed WIDE OPEN down the middle of the field. Just another reason to believe it's the same old Drew, just a new batch of excuses for his below average play.

BTW, I was at the game, so this isn't second hand info.

Actually the INT wasn't his fault, BUT the ball should have never went to Moulds.  What Bledsoe apologists fail to mention is that on that very same play, Drew had Josh Reed WIDE OPEN down the middle of the field.  Just another reason to believe it's the same old Drew,  just a new batch of excuses for his below average play. 

BTW,  I was at the game,  so this isn't second hand info.

982[/snapback]

yawn.

Actually the INT wasn't his fault, BUT the ball should have never went to Moulds.  What Bledsoe apologists fail to mention is that on that very same play, Drew had Josh Reed WIDE OPEN down the middle of the field.  Just another reason to believe it's the same old Drew,  just a new batch of excuses for his below average play. 

982[/snapback]

SLANDER ALERT.

No criticism of QB play is allowed, per Coach Chuch Dickerson.

umm.  something just tells me that that's probably not the case. :lol:

1041[/snapback]

Good then you're a lot smarter than some of the other posters were giving you credit for ....

Guest drewslowsoe

screen?? lol thats cute--there was one game were they used the screen more then twice and that was the game up in buf in 02.toms playaction was so good that the drones up i buf keep falling for it.

mugging receivers?? thats even funnier,there was a lot of times a pats defender had a hand slightly on a colt receiver but was not cluthching/grabbing and throwing down/mugging colts receivers.that was blown way over proportion and was a excuse for mannings usual playoff meltdown.2 of ty's pic's came when manning badly over threw another receiver and ty just grabbed it.

were the bills receivers held in week 17 last year to? lol kids. i dont recall one screen in that game, or the entire playoffs for that fact. and by the way,screens can be picked off,drew has thrown enough screen int's when he was in a pats uniform. especially vs pitt

982[/snapback]

It should have never went to Moulds? Yeah a ball that hits a receiver in the hands is a LOUSY pass. Whatever. And BTW, people who saw the play say that Reed wasn't open until AFTER his DB peeled off him when the ball was in-flight.

mugging receivers??  thats even funnier,there was a lot of times a pats defender had a hand slightly on a colt receiver but was not cluthching/grabbing and throwing down/mugging colts receivers.that was blown way over proportion and was a excuse for mannings usual playoff meltdown.2 of ty's pic's came when manning badly over threw another receiver and ty just grabbed it.

Ding, thanks for playing. During the Seattle-Green Bay game on ESPN last Monday, they talked about the new enforcement of the chuck rule/PI and said that in that Pats-Colts game, there were FIFTEEN plays where the DB's held or interfered with the Colts' WR's after 5 yards. I thought it was about 7 or 8, but not fifteen!

were the bills receivers held in week 17 last year to? lol kids. i dont recall one screen in that game, or the entire playoffs for that fact. and by the way,screens can be picked off,drew has thrown enough screen int's when he was in  a pats uniform. especially vs pitt

1072[/snapback]

There were several screens in that week 17 game. Check your facts. And after teams figured out that you could blitz the Bills up the middle, defenses didn't NEED to maul the Bills' WR's. Oh and if you're talking about the Pgh AFFCG, Bledsoe didn't throw an INT.

Ding, thanks for playing.  During the Seattle-Green Bay game on ESPN last Monday, they talked about the new enforcement of the chuck rule/PI and said that in that Pats-Colts game, there were FIFTEEN plays where the DB's held or interfered with the Colts' WR's after 5 yards.  I thought it was about 7 or 8, but not fifteen!

There were several screens in that week 17 game.  Check your facts.  And after teams figured out that you could blitz the Bills up the middle, defenses didn't NEED to maul the Bills' WR's.  Oh and if you're talking about the Pgh AFFCG, Bledsoe didn't throw an INT.

1086[/snapback]

He's not talking about the PIT/NE AFC CG. He's talking about a game from late '97 that was for Home Field that Drew threw a pick on a screen pass late in regulation that helped set up a Steeler win.

If Bledsoe is intercepted on Saturday, I will be convinced that we have a serious problem.  That is all I am watching, so far as his play is concerned.

514[/snapback]

Tolstoy, don't you think that is a bit of an over-reaction?

I'm not confident that Bledsoe will have some sort of break out year.  But that INT on the first series last weekend was not really his fault.  A Bronco took the ball right out of Moulds' hands and it is then technically a pick

960[/snapback]

of course, bad plays are never Drew's fault. :lol:

The throw and catch aren't the rewal issue on that play -

It is, and always has been, about Drew's slow and faulty decision making.

The fact that Drew forced the ball in the redzonre into tight coverage instead of to the wide open Josh Reed is the bigger issue.

It is a continuation of Drew's history of not only failing to score from the red zone, but turning the ball over to kill any chance of scoring.

Guest Vladimir Nabokov

Third, don't try to tell me that throwing picks in practice is meaningless.  Performance in football, like anything, is all about habit.  Perhaps he hasn't thrown as many in practice as I've been led to believe.  That would be encouraging.  All I know is, the first and most important imperative of quarterbacking is this: protect the damn ball!!!!  And it was violated last year repeatedly.

Ok, now I feel better.  Carry on.

851[/snapback]

Tolsoy, old comrade....

I too am concerned about Bledsoe’s performance this year, but think maybe you’ve had too much vodka today.

Interceptions, while an important statistic, is not solely an indication of the quarterback’s performance, but also that of the wide receivers, the defense, and the coaches (play design, play call).

-VN

Across a long period, they provide a decent indication of performance, but need to be seen in a larger context. Every throw is risk. Generally, you’ll see teams either embrace a high risk/high reward approach (going for a lot of home runs), or low risk/low reward (ball control). To balance these, QB ratings take into account many of the other important measures of success (but not Leadership, clock management etc.).

Bledsoe has thrown one interception, which everyone seems to agree was well-delivered, and lost by Moulds (they both said so in interviews). This is not a predictor of Drew’s performance, but might be a predictor of interceptions (caused by Moulds!). Anyway, to extrapolate a single preseason INT into a prediction for the year is absurd. I have not heard any indication at all that Drew is performing poorly in camp. Yes, all of our QBs have had incompletions, interceptions etc., but that’s why they practice (and again, those are not all the QB’s fault).

Ok, Nehoff and my comrade Nabokov, I agree, it is a bit of an overreaction. Let us say that if he continues to throw interceptions in preseason, it would not be a good sign for the season. But of course, that is not saying anything new at all.

My only point in the original post was that if Brady's lack of INT's in practice is a good sign for the Patsies (would anyone deny that?), then it would seem to follow that Bledsoe's INT's in practice are a bad sign for the Bills. What has convinced me that I am overreacting is the testimony of those who have been to practice, and say Bledsoe is looking good! I guess it only seems, for overblown media, that there are lots of INT going on in practice. I guess the media likes to hype every INT as evidence that our Defense is getting better at turnovers, not realizing that every INT doesn't speak well of the QB! And who knows, maybe the Boston Globe is blowing smoke about Brady anyhow.

Guest Reality Check
It should have never went to Moulds?  Yeah a ball that hits a receiver in the hands is a LOUSY pass.  Whatever.  And BTW, people who saw the play say that Reed wasn't open until AFTER his DB peeled off him when the ball was in-flight.

1079[/snapback]

Did I ever say the pass was lousy? Thanks for putting a spin on my words. Now slowly go back and re-read what i wrote, so you can comprehend my statement slightly better. And BTW, the reports you're hearing about Josh being open after the pass was in flight are erroneous at best. Whatever helps you sleep better, you believe.

He's not talking about the PIT/NE AFC CG.  He's talking about a game from late '97 that was for Home Field that Drew threw a pick on a screen pass late in regulation that helped set up a Steeler win.

1090[/snapback]

Chugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachuga

CHOO CHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived