A Very, Very Bad Sign:

Tolstoy

Chugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachugachuga

CHOO CHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

1165[/snapback]

Welcome back!!! :lol:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok, Nehoff and my comrade Nabokov, I agree, it is a bit of an overreaction.  Let us say that if he continues to throw interceptions in preseason, it would not be a good sign for the season.  But of course, that is not saying anything new at all.

My only point in the original post was that if Brady's lack of INT's in practice is a good sign for the Patsies (would anyone deny that?), then it would seem to follow that Bledsoe's INT's in practice are a bad sign for the Bills.  What has convinced me that I am overreacting is the testimony of those who have been to practice, and say Bledsoe is looking good!  I guess it only seems, for overblown media, that there are lots of INT going on in practice.  I guess the media likes to hype every INT as evidence that our Defense is getting better at turnovers, not realizing that every INT doesn't speak well of the QB! And who knows, maybe the Boston Globe is blowing smoke about Brady anyhow.

1150[/snapback]

Tolstoy,

Now I am with you here. I would give Bledsoe the first four games (five weeks with the bye) and if he proves that he can simply run the offense then let it ride. Even if he does throw a few picks, can he move the ball and manage the game and put our D/running game in the position to win. If he can't do that, then I say more to Brown or Losman.

Welcome back!!!  :lol:

1183[/snapback]

Thanks to you little buddy!

You da' man with the proverbial concrete shoes, guaranteeing your ability to stay on point! You are truly the "stationary man", the poster of Statuesque proportion who will not be denied the opportunity to drone on and on and on and on and on and on over and over and over and over about other of our idols with the concrete feet! Carry On!

Thanks to you little buddy!

You da' man with the proverbial concrete shoes, guaranteeing your ability to stay on point! You are truly the "stationary man", the poster of Statuesque proportion who will not be denied the opportunity to drone on and on and on and on and on and on over and over and over and over about other of our idols with the concrete feet! Carry On!

YOU ARE DREW BLEDSOE!!! REGARDLESS OF THE PRESSURE YOUR FEET NEVER MOVE-YOU STAY FOCUSED ON YOUR PRIMARY RECEIVER THROUGH ALL DISTRACTIONS!!!

1251[/snapback]

He's not talking about the PIT/NE AFC CG.  He's talking about a game from late '97 that was for Home Field that Drew threw a pick on a screen pass late in regulation that helped set up a Steeler win.

1090[/snapback]

Oh yes, that game. That was where the Steelers needed to score a TD and 2-point conversion to tie the game, and then send it into OT, right? Also where the Patriots never got the ball in OT and saw the Steelers kick a FG to win it, right? And let me see, that robbed the Pats of homefield which would have meant at best they survive to the AFCCG, only to get waxed by the Broncos in Denver? Or perhaps you think it robbed them of a SB berth, much less win, when they could even manage that with Parcells and Belichick the year before?

Did I ever say the pass was lousy?  Thanks for putting a spin on my words.  Now slowly go back and re-read what i wrote,  so you can comprehend my statement slightly better.  And BTW,  the reports you're hearing about Josh being open after the pass was in flight are erroneous at best.  Whatever helps you sleep better, you believe.

1151[/snapback]

Right back at you. All I need to tell you is that Moulds apologized for that play and said that he MAKES that play in the regular season. That pretty much says it all right there.

Oh yes, that game.  That was where the Steelers needed to score a TD and 2-point conversion to tie the game, and then send it into OT, right?  Also where the Patriots never got the ball in OT and saw the Steelers kick a FG to win it, right?  And let me see, that robbed the Pats of homefield which would have meant at best they survive to the AFCCG, only to get waxed by the Broncos in Denver?  Or perhaps you think it robbed them of a SB berth, much less win, when they could even manage that with Parcells and Belichick the year before?

1311[/snapback]

Has your keyboard recovered from that vicious beating it just took? :lol: Pound away at the keys, my good man.

I wasn't aware the Excuse Generator had a retroactive function!

Oh yes, that game.  That was where the Steelers needed to score a TD and 2-point conversion to tie the game, and then send it into OT, right?  Also where the Patriots never got the ball in OT and saw the Steelers kick a FG to win it, right?  And let me see, that robbed the Pats of homefield which would have meant at best they survive to the AFCCG, only to get waxed by the Broncos in Denver?  Or perhaps you think it robbed them of a SB berth, much less win, when they could even manage that with Parcells and Belichick the year before?

1311[/snapback]

Has your keyboard recovered from that vicious beating it just took? :lol: Pound away at the keys, my good man.

Or perhaps you think it robbed them of a SB berth, much less win, when they could even manage that with Parcells and Belichick the year before?

No, Drew's 4 INT, and holding onto the ball for 5 sacks pretty much took care of that. ;)

Has your keyboard recovered from that vicious beating it just took?  :lol:  Pound away at the keys, my good man. 

No, Drew's 4 INT, and holding onto the ball for 5 sacks pretty much took care of that.  ;)

1323[/snapback]

You're my little Drew! Carry on , oh stationary one! Never move those feet! You make the club proud with your refusal to ever allow distractions from your single message! Say it over and over and over and over and over and over again as if you had absolutely no other thought in your mind other than Drew Bledsoe!

Guest Reality Check
Right back at you.  All I need to tell you is that Moulds apologized for that play and said that he MAKES that play in the regular season.  That pretty much says it all right there.

1316[/snapback]

Like I said, whatever helps you sleep at night. Moulds also said he never spit on anyone, btw.

You're my little Drew! Carry on , oh stationary one! Never move those feet! You make the club proud with your refusal to ever allow distractions from your single message! Say it over and over and over and over and over and over again as if you had absolutely no other thought in your mind other than Drew Bledsoe!

1372[/snapback]

I'm glad you're thinking of me too, DH! :lol:

Has your keyboard recovered from that vicious beating it just took?  :D  Pound away at the keys, my good man.

I'm sure it's nothing compared to what little FM takes when thinking about Tommy Boy. ;)

You're living proof of retroactive Excuse Generation. All it takes is a system QB, the best coaches in the NFL, and an amazing defense and ST's. Not to mention the refs, but you've already acknowledged that part.

No, Drew's 4 INT, and holding onto the ball for 5 sacks pretty much took care of that.  :D

1323[/snapback]

Yep, forget the wonderful defense led by Belichick that gave up 2-long bomb TD passes, a 74-yard TD drive, and couldn't force a turnover on the Packers to save their lives, not to mention the ST's giving up 244 yards and a TD to Desmond Howard, it was ALL Bledsoe's fault. I swear FM, if you told me you never watched a Patriots game before and merely went by the box score, I'd have a hard time NOT believing you! :D

I enjoy your posts and no offense to this at all, your Bledsoe crusade is getting closer and closer to reaching SpikedLemondade levels!  :D

1028[/snapback]

Please do not compare my good friend to Spiked. Foxboro Mike is all-knowing and all-seeing. He is the wisest of our lot .Why, this is a man who someday shall be our leader due to his commitment to spending his entire life at an opponent's message board repeating the same things over and over and then wondering why everyone slanders him for his repetitiveness. Sheer genius, I tell you.

On the other hand, the moment the Patriots start losing, we will all disappear and show up on Yankee message boards, but that's not the point right now...

Please do not compare my good friend to Spiked. Foxboro Mike is all-knowing and all-seeing. He is the wisest of our lot .Why, this is a man who someday shall be our leader due to his commitment to spending his entire life at an opponent's message board repeating the same things over and over and then wondering why everyone slanders him for his repetitiveness. Sheer genius, I tell you.

On the other hand, the moment the Patriots start losing, we will all disappear and show up on Yankee message boards, but that's not the point right now...

1656[/snapback]

SpikeVision lives! :D

I am a Bledsoe supporter.  Until now I have been certain that he would have a comeback year this year, mainly because I attributed our horrible offensive play last year to bad coaching.  Now I am not so certain.  Here is why:

The other day I read in the Boston Globe that Tom Brady just threw his first interception of training camp.  Are you hearing this?  His first interception of training camp!!!!  I compared that with Bledsoe in training camp, who seems to get intercepted every day, and I began to put 2 and 2 together here.  Either we have the most ball-hungry, interception crazy secondary (is this very likely?), or Bledsoe has just gotten sloppy.  At any rate, I am a firm believer that as you do in practice, so you do in games.  Is it no surprise that Bledsoe was picked off in his first series on Sunday?  Is it no surprise that Brady is almost never picked off in games?

If Bledsoe is intercepted on Saturday, I will be convinced that we have a serious problem.  That is all I am watching, so far as his play is concerned.

514[/snapback]

So what do you think now, Tolstoy? Bledsoe wasn't sacked and didn't throw an INT on Saturday. Tom Brady OTOH WAS INT'd and sacked twice, fumbling on one of them.

Archived