More reason to stay away from Vick.

DarthICE

So there is a statue of limitations on being an a**hole. Exactly how long does Vick have to wait another 300 yrs then by your reasoning he can be forgiven. I'd like to see you explain that bit about differing degrees of sin to God at the gates. I can respect the fact that you wouldn't want to live next to him but I guarantee if you're a dog owner you'd have the safest dog in the world as his neighbor now. lol.

Animal cruelty has no statute of limitations in my mind and somehow I doubt that a short stint in prison changed Vick's !@#$ness. I don't have a problem with him playing in the NFL but I certainly don't root for him and if I was an owner I'd never allow him in my organization. Period.

I don't believe in God, so I don't feel any need to explain differing degrees of sin to him. If you don't think there's a difference between sins, that's your opinion and frankly I could give a flying rat's ass.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this supposed to be news?

With the possible exception of Daryl Strawberry, I've never seen an athlete coast on his talent more than Vick.

Yep he coasted right into the playoffs with the Falcons....more than I can say for the the chumps at that position for the Bills.

Vick = Wins.

He has done more to pay for his crimes against dogs than many of these current players that have committed crimes against humans playing in the league.

What else do you want this guy to do?

Move the f on!!

Personally, I think what Vick did was far worse than Stallworth's crime. Stallworth made a poor choice and drove a vehicle under the influence. Unfortunately his mistake took a life and I feel like he got off relatively easy. With that being said, he owned up to the mistake and was cooperative with authorities the whole way.

Vick funded and participated in a sick/criminal activity for five years. This is hardly a mistake. It doesn't matter if he grew up with the activity or not. I grew up with alot of guys that dealt drugs and still do. Would I get your support if i chose that career path? He's a grown man and made his own choice, he was fully aware of how sick it was. His own parents begged him to stop before he was even caught.

I'm with AD on this. I've got no problem with him playing in the league. He served his time and doesn't owe anything else. The guy is a pile of garbage and a grossly overrated QB. I hope he gets destroyed on the field and want him no where near the Bills. The guy really can't do anything to change my mind.

Personally, I think what Vick did was far worse than Stallworth's crime. Stallworth made a poor choice and drove a vehicle under the influence. Unfortunately his mistake took a life and I feel like he got off relatively easy. With that being said, he owned up to the mistake and was cooperative with authorities the whole way.

Vick funded and participated in a sick/criminal activity for five years. This is hardly a mistake. It doesn't matter if he grew up with the activity or not. I grew up with alot of guys that dealt drugs and still do. Would I get your support if i chose that career path? He's a grown man and made his own choice, he was fully aware of how sick it was. His own parents begged him to stop before he was even caught.

I'm with AD on this. I've got no problem with him playing in the league. He served his time and doesn't owe anything else. The guy is a pile of garbage and a grossly overrated QB. I hope he gets destroyed on the field and want him no where near the Bills. The guy really can't do anything to change my mind.

I respect your opinion. Vick did own up to it in the end and served hard time for it. Stallworth is a pile of garbage too. I have no respect for drunk driving. He should of known better, he is in no way a better human being than Vick. Time will take care of everything, we shall see what happens.

If the Bills sign him, and they play New England the first game of the season, I hope Teddiii Bruschi comes out of retirement just for that game and breaks Vick's leg and Bruschi breaks his own neck... before stumbling into Roger Goodell and breaking his arm... who subsequently fell backwards and accidently decapitated Adam Schefter.

:worthy::worthy::worthy:

GOT DAMNIT HERE WE GO WITH ANOTHER VICK POST....

everybody knows what he did he said it a million times NOTHIN NEW that is old...he did his time and he apologized...please hop of his nut sack...if we get him we get him, if we dont we dont... You, me or anyone else can't stop it FACE IT...damn some of you are acting like 9 year old girls about this sh*t... :worthy: :worthy:

id rather have tim couch...fu*king tyler pigpen...what the fu*k...

Wow, you used such big letters and even little banging head icons! Such angst. "Why can't they all just see clearly...like i do" he seems to say.....

Pal, Vick is trash. A dog torturing, eletrocuting, brutal and evil guy. He paid his debt...blah blah. You can be an apologist for this trash all you want. It doesn't change what he is. We don't need him or want him.

There, small font and no cartoons.

the guy is walking trash. how that guy gets so much support boggles my mind.

terrible human being and football player.

Because he's one of the most naturally gifted athletes ever to play in the NFL. And yeah, if he came here, it could only improve this piece of garbage team.

Wow, you used such big letters and even little banging head icons! Such angst. "Why can't they all just see clearly...like i do" he seems to say.....

Pal, Vick is trash. A dog torturing, eletrocuting, brutal and evil guy. He paid his debt...blah blah. You can be an apologist for this trash all you want. It doesn't change what he is. We don't need him or want him.

There, small font and no cartoons.

Disagree, we do need him....and I like many many others want him.

It seems like the people who cant get past the dog fighting thing are those who are stuck on defending Vick.

The point of the article and this thread is Vick's admission that he never gave 100% or took the time and effort to do well. He accepted mediocrity. Yeah, maybe that would be good for the Bills, but I dont want to see that.

Why are people saying that Vick is going to be "more motivated" now? He wasnt that motivated last year. He was mediocre for the Eagles. I live in Philly so I get all the analysis and see most of the games. They needed him, and he was a nonfactor, other than 1 second half in a blow-out game. Money isnt a huge motivator. He won a court case and recovered a huge chunk of money.

Fans here want McNabb out of here with the strength of 1,000 suns, but I havent heard one mention that they vision Vick as the starter or even on the team at all next season. He is a throw away.

There is no way this "dog" is going to learn new tricks. There is no way to assume that he will suddenly be a model captain on a football team. There is heavy evidence that he will be the opposite of that.

And his quarterbacking skills have always been marginal, even in his prime, which he has let pass him by due to stupid decisions like breaking the law and not putting in the effort.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_...?urn=nfl,218771

From his performance with Philly this year, seems he is still 'dogging' it

You obviously didn't read the article or listen to the interview, he was talking about his time in Atlanta and how he took everything for granted. Some people are going read/hear what they want when it comes to certain subjects. In fact, the more time goes on, I think getting Vick and drafting a LT might be the best move the Bills have made in years. I have never been a fan of his, but he does have more talent in his sleep than anyone one our roster does at their best.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_...?urn=nfl,218771

From his performance with Philly this year, seems he is still 'dogging' it

I guess it's all about your outlook on life. Pessimists see that he didn't give it his all in Atlanta. Optimists see that he admitted his mistakes and has vowed to not repeat them.

The "human experience" is amazing in how perspective can cloud our opinions and facts. People that can't stop crying over his past transgressions, subsequent punishment in the way of jail time and losing all the millions of dollars that he made see a guy and hop on an honest admission that he wasn't all that he could be. Others that feel he may still be a bad person in some ways but is trying to better himself see a guy who without prompting has admitted his mistakes and vows to not make them again.

Maybe we should draft some more choir boy players of impeccable character and rack up some more 7 - 9 or worse seasons.

people will still defend him here.

The funniest theories are the ones that say that he will somehow "groom" our drafted QB of the future.

As will people continue to attack him after he has done his time, lost a few years of freedom and every dollar he ever made. But hey, THAT'S NOT ENOUGH, lets continue to drag this guy behind the pick up truck.

That's what a lot of people don't get. Some people are able to forgive and forget. Doesn't mean they want to hang out with the guy for beers. Doesn't mean you want him sleeping with your sister. Doesn't mean we invite him over to Sunday dinner. It just means he did some terrible things, did his time, admitted his mistakes and is trying to put his life back together and go back to work at his chosen profession.

He gets support because of a thing called forgiveness. He was an NFL talent. Not the best but better than average. Trash? Well let's look at all the atrocities committed in the world are all those people trash as well. Say for instance Europeans that came to America and nearly decimated the Indian population. Don't we all deserve forgiveness. Let he without sin.... BTW I am not a proponent of Vick in a Bills uniform for talent reasons. They need to go in a different direction.

What are you talking about??!?!?!? Europeans just came over here, killed the indigenous HUMAN FREAKING BEINGS that lived here, stole their land and effective put them in unfenced concentration camps while infecting them with viruses they had no natural defense for.

THIS GUY DID BAD THINGS TO ANIMALS!!!! THAT IS UNFORGIVABLE!!!!!

Don't deflect your racism off on me buddy, just cause your unwilling to come to terms with your own biases doesn't mean you have the right to label everybody you see that makes a comment about stereotypes.

I run into jackasses like you all day long. You walk that line because you think it's funny to say stupid **** like that in a racially charged situation and then claim to not be racist. I'm not saying it is racist but it's in poor taste, stupid and usually incites anger in people.

You're probably also the jackass that tells dead relative jokes at a funeral. No class. Time and place buddy. Wrong time....wrong place.

WOOOOOW VICK WOULD BE FIVE TIMES BETTER THEN WHAT WE HAVE, HOW SOON WE FORGET THAT BEFORE HE WENT TO JAIL, VICK WAS THE NFL'S MOST EXCITING PLAYER, IM NOT SAYING THAT HE IS THE SAME PLAYER BUT, I KNOW HE WOULD AT LEAST BE EXCITING, HOW GOOD WERE WE ON THIRD DOWN? HOW MANY GAMES HAVE WE LOST BECAUSE WE LED THE LEAGUE IN THREE IN OUTS WHICH LEFT OUR DEFENCE DAMN NEAR DEAD ON THE FIELD .. FLAT OUT THE BILL'S HAVE SUCKED ASS THIS WHOLE DECADE, OUR MVP THIS DECADE IS BRIAN MOORMAN.......THATS THE PUNTER IF YOU DON'T KNOW! EVERY BILLS FANS WANTS CHANGE BUT WANTS TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THE CHANGE.. IF VICK CAME HERE, HE WOULD MAKE THE BILLS 2 TO THREE GAMES BETTER BY HIMSELF, WITH HIS NEW ATTITUDE AN GOOD COACHING THE SKY'S THE LIMIT.... WHATS FUNNY IS HOW MANY OF YOU WOULD WANT THE BILLS TO PLAY AGAINST MIKE VICK? HE WOULD DRIVE US CRAZY, HE WOULD CONVERT THIRD AN MEDIUM LIKE ITS NOTHING. HE WOULDNT LOOK LIKE A DEER IN HEAD LIGHTS LIKE HOW TRENT DOES HE WOULDNT BE SOMETIMEEEEE LIKE FLIZT IS, HE WOULD MAKE OUR LINE BETTER BECAUSE THE DEFENCE WOULD HAVE TO BE ON VICK ALERT SO THEY WOULDNT BE ABLE TO PIN THEIR EARS BACK, OUR RUN GAME WOULD B BETTER BECAUSE THE DE WOULDNT BE ABLE TO CRASH DOWN BECAUSE VICK COULD KEEP IT, THIS GUY SHOWS THAT HE HAS CHANGED HIS MIND SET AN ALL YOU DO IS BASH HIM, LOOK AT VINCE YOUNG THIS GUY CHANGED HIS MIND SET AN NOW,,,,,,, HE IS THE FRANCHISE QB THAT ABOUT 25 TEAMS WOULD GIVE THEIR ARM 4,,,,,,, VICK COULD BE THE SAME AN,,,,,,,,,,, HE IS 29 SO ITS NOT A TEMP FIX,,,,,, THE MAN DID HIS TIME LOST MILLIONS, HE DOESNT HAVE TO APOLOGIZE TO ANYONE BUT HE DOES,,,,, ONCE HE GOT HIS SELF RIGHT WITH GOD HIS LIFE STARTED ANEW, SO STOP TALKING ABOUT WHAT HE DID WRONG IN HIS PAST AN CONCENTRATE ON HIS FUTURE WITH OR WITHOUT THE BUFFALO BILLS,,,,,, WE ALL HAVE SINNED AN WE ALL HAVE ASKED FOR FORGIVENESS

Animal cruelty has no statute of limitations in my mind and somehow I doubt that a short stint in prison changed Vick's !@#$ness. I don't have a problem with him playing in the NFL but I certainly don't root for him and if I was an owner I'd never allow him in my organization. Period.

I don't believe in God, so I don't feel any need to explain differing degrees of sin to him. If you don't think there's a difference between sins, that's your opinion and frankly I could give a flying rat's ass.

What is your statute of limitations on:

HUMAN rights violations?

Racism?

Theft of billions by corporate criminals?

Abuse of performing enhancing drugs?

Please share with us your own personal justice system. Me .... I'll stick to the good old fashioned American justice system. If you don't like it...change it or leave. Doesn't mean I love the man but he served his time and deserves to try to make a new life for himself.

You are of course entitled to your opinion but understand that it means VERY little.

WOOOOOW VICK WOULD BE FIVE TIMES BETTER THEN WHAT WE HAVE, HOW SOON WE FORGET THAT BEFORE HE WENT TO JAIL, VICK WAS THE NFL'S MOST EXCITING PLAYER, IM NOT SAYING THAT HE IS THE SAME PLAYER BUT, I KNOW HE WOULD AT LEAST BE EXCITING, HOW GOOD WERE WE ON THIRD DOWN? HOW MANY GAMES HAVE WE LOST BECAUSE WE LED THE LEAGUE IN THREE IN OUTS WHICH LEFT OUR DEFENCE DAMN NEAR DEAD ON THE FIELD .. FLAT OUT THE BILL'S HAVE SUCKED ASS THIS WHOLE DECADE, OUR MVP THIS DECADE IS BRIAN MOORMAN.......THATS THE PUNTER IF YOU DON'T KNOW! EVERY BILLS FANS WANTS CHANGE BUT WANTS TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THE CHANGE.. IF VICK CAME HERE, HE WOULD MAKE THE BILLS 2 TO THREE GAMES BETTER BY HIMSELF, WITH HIS NEW ATTITUDE AN GOOD COACHING THE SKY'S THE LIMIT.... WHATS FUNNY IS HOW MANY OF YOU WOULD WANT THE BILLS TO PLAY AGAINST MIKE VICK? HE WOULD DRIVE US CRAZY, HE WOULD CONVERT THIRD AN MEDIUM LIKE ITS NOTHING. HE WOULDNT LOOK LIKE A DEER IN HEAD LIGHTS LIKE HOW TRENT DOES HE WOULDNT BE SOMETIMEEEEE LIKE FLIZT IS, HE WOULD MAKE OUR LINE BETTER BECAUSE THE DEFENCE WOULD HAVE TO BE ON VICK ALERT SO THEY WOULDNT BE ABLE TO PIN THEIR EARS BACK, OUR RUN GAME WOULD B BETTER BECAUSE THE DE WOULDNT BE ABLE TO CRASH DOWN BECAUSE VICK COULD KEEP IT, THIS GUY SHOWS THAT HE HAS CHANGED HIS MIND SET AN ALL YOU DO IS BASH HIM, LOOK AT VINCE YOUNG THIS GUY CHANGED HIS MIND SET AN NOW,,,,,,, HE IS THE FRANCHISE QB THAT ABOUT 25 TEAMS WOULD GIVE THEIR ARM 4,,,,,,, VICK COULD BE THE SAME AN,,,,,,,,,,, HE IS 29 SO ITS NOT A TEMP FIX,,,,,, THE MAN DID HIS TIME LOST MILLIONS, HE DOESNT HAVE TO APOLOGIZE TO ANYONE BUT HE DOES,,,,, ONCE HE GOT HIS SELF RIGHT WITH GOD HIS LIFE STARTED ANEW, SO STOP TALKING ABOUT WHAT HE DID WRONG IN HIS PAST AN CONCENTRATE ON HIS FUTURE WITH OR WITHOUT THE BUFFALO BILLS,,,,,, WE ALL HAVE SINNED AN WE ALL HAVE ASKED FOR FORGIVENESS

You know you're not supposed to eat the worm right?