Sorry to bring the subject of football up.....

richNjoisy

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/4416/news (link) text below: source "FANBALL.com"

Nov 24

Matt Hasselbeck's charley horse on his right thigh is not getting better and head coach Mike Holmgren is not sure he will be back on Sunday. "I am scratching my head at this injury. (Team trainers) assured me that they are going full-speed ahead, and they're exhausting all modern medical science to try and get this thing fixed," Holmgren told the Sun. "This is the most serious charley horse in the history of charley horses." Hasselbeck missed last week's game because of the charley horse, which he suffered in week ten against the Rams.

Views: We couldn't find any books about the history of charley horses so we believe Holmgren that is the most serious one ever. How else can it be explained that Hasselbeck may have to miss two games because of it? He was downgraded to questionable on the injury report at the end of last week and will probably start this week with same designation. Once he practices then Hasselbeck owners can feel safe putting him back into the lineup and he has to practice soon because a professional football player can't miss two weeks due to a charley horse, right?

I also just read a report that Seattle is trying out punters this week - their current punter is averaging just 38 yards after winning the starting job the past four weeks (source: KFFL)

Sooooo, if the Bills could just find a way to score. We can't have another special teams score....right right?

Beuller?

--RichNJoisy

Central NJ Buffalo Bills Backers

I arrived home from the Bills game and caught the last 3 quarters of the Miami-Seattle game. The Seahawks were terrible in every phase of the game. Miami used both QB's and they kept turning the ball over.

Then again, we've seen how Bledose plays wearing the ugly white jersey. If the Bills could stick to the run, play solid D and the usual great Special Teams, the road streak could end.

Definitely have some confidence entering this game. Seattle is ripe for the taking.

There has to be more to Hasselbeck's injury than a "charlie horse." Even if he starts, the Bills have generated a passrush lately, so we can figure Hasselbeck will get hit plenty. I don't think he'll be able to take it.

No one can dispute that Sean Alexander is among the top three backs in the league, but the Seahawks cannot win when they are forced to only run.

The main bonus is that with this injury Seattle will have to split reps among its QBs this week.

Here is my stance going into Thanksgiving: if the Bills can pull it off in Seattle, they can run the table and possibly make the playoffs.

There has to be more to Hasselbeck's injury than a "charlie horse." Even if he starts, the Bills have generated a passrush lately, so we can figure Hasselbeck will get hit plenty. I don't think he'll be able to take it.

No one can dispute that Sean Alexander is among the top three backs in the league, but the Seahawks cannot win when they are forced to only run.

The main bonus is that with this injury Seattle will have to split reps among its QBs this week.

Here is my stance going into Thanksgiving: if the Bills can pull it off in Seattle, they can run the table and possibly make the playoffs.

131843[/snapback]

That was me.

Then again, we've seen how Bledose plays wearing the ugly white jersey. If the Bills could stick to the run, play solid D and the usual great Special Teams, the road streak could end.

131787[/snapback]

This is how teams have won with Bledsoe at QB in the past with Parcells yelling at him constantly in practice to throw the damn ball whenever he held onto it in practice locking in on his favorite receiver and running an offense powereed down for Brady in a must-win game for NE during their first SB run.

This post is not advocating sitting Bledsoe because he can't win, on the contrary, in real life Bledsoe was the QB all season on a Pats team which made the SB under Parcells, was the QB for the majority of a must win game under BB and has racked up numerous passing and O records as a Pat and as a Bill. Bledsoe will never win the Joe Montana derby for QB brains nor the John Elway derby for QB mobility.

So what! The goal is to win football games and to win championships. MM/TC have used tools like their alarm clock to do the Parcells personality job and have instituted the WM run game to play the role of the Brady offense.

It does give the Bills a fighting chance in Seattle and continues our snowball's chance of making the playoff,

Its unfortunate that it has been made too little too late by the answering of Jax prayers in our first game and some admitted by the league bad ref calls in Oak, but ironically, i think that MM and TC have been shown to be more right than wrong in their theory of how to win this year. Unfortunately there is that pesky thing called reality which has cost the Bills a couple of games they woulda, coulda, shoulda won.

I watched all the Miami/Seattle game as well last week. First, it really can't be understated how really awful Miami was in that game. Especially in the first half. They wouldnt put thier third string qb in(Rosenfels or something) instead they had Feely out there who could barely walk let alone lead a team. STILL the Dolphins were in it until the end and really should have won. The Hawks were extremely luckly and there was a expression of major relief on Holmgrens face when it was over. Point is that the Hawks, especially with Dilfer at the helm, look very very beatable. Now whether Dilfes ineptness was due to rust and he will be better this week, well thats anybodys guess. I really do think that even with the Bills road woes, the Bills have more than a good shot at winning.

Im confident that the Bills can accomplish the first 3. Bledsoe is the wild card that scares me. If the Bills can run effectively of course Drew becomes less of a factor. But the minute the other team knows we have to pass thats when things will almost certainly fall apart. Drew just can't hang with the big boys under pressure. I know, I know Im stating the obvious what everyone has heard a thousand times. This game is well within our reach though. Damn

Then again, we've seen how Bledose plays wearing the ugly white jersey.

131787[/snapback]

Those Seahawk all-aqua-green uniforms make me nauseous.

Run the ball, play good D, play good special teams.....keep it out of Bledsoes hands...we win.

131934[/snapback]

Right on. Simply put, if we force Bledsoe to try to win this game for us, we lose big time. The only way we can win on the road is just keep pounding the ball right at the Seahawks and let Bledsoe throw the ball only when absolutely necessary.

Does Holmgen not get he doesn't want to play for MH' stupid ass any longer?

132308[/snapback]

If the Seahawks lose this game, Holmgrem is probably good as gone in Seattle.

He's a real prick of a coach, so it'll be interesting to see if his team rallies around him.

If the Seahawks lose this game, Holmgrem is probably good as gone in Seattle. 

He's a real prick of a coach, so it'll be interesting to see if his team rallies around him.

132384[/snapback]

If the Seahawks miss the playoffs, then I think he might be gone, but they are still a game up in their division and St Louis plays at Green Bay on Monday. This isn't a must win for Seattle, but they do need to start putting it together if they want to do anything in the playoffs.

Seattle is, to use one single word: SOFT. It's mostly a mental condition.

1. They have a couple of good and aggressive players in their secondary. Ken Hamlin is in his second year and is good in run support but can be had with play action on a fairly regular basis. Trufant has the tools but not the experience.

2. The loss of Simmons is HUGE. He's been their best defensive player for the better part of 2 seasons.

3. Their OLine is good and physical. So is the interior of our DLine. That may very well be the matchup that decides this game.

4. Their special teams are below average, especially their return game.

5. They are opportunistic and are somewhere around double digits to the positive in turnover ratio. They don't fumble much but their QBs are just as stupid as Drew with the football.

6. They have the worst WRs in the NFL, bar none. Our DBs need to hit them hard early and they are virtually guaranteed to have a case of the dropsies - which may lead to a tipped INT chance (or more).

This is a VERY beatable football team, though they play much better at home than on the road. They remind me a little bit of us, though their upfront strength is flipped.