Sorry to bring the subject of football up.....

richNjoisy

Seattle is, to use one single word: SOFT. It's mostly a mental condition.

Great post and spot-on analysis. The Seachickens are exactly that, softer than....oh wait this is a family board.

The only differences I have are that I'd have given a little more of a nod to Hamlin as he's been very very good the few times I've watched Seattle. I also think you give slightly short shrift to Simmons who I've viewed as one of the league's better LB's for more than 2 seasons.

Assuming you're force-fed them more out there, do you have any thoughts on their situation at TE? That position has always seemed to be a huge cog in the kind of offense Holmgren prefers and it's also been a bane to the Bills for some time now. Seattle just can't seem to settle on a guy there and I wonder how they've been using the position this year.

I'm also not sure what their LB corps looks like since Simmons out and I'm not sure of CBrown's health.

Cya

Great post and spot-on analysis. The Seachickens are exactly that, softer than....oh wait this is a family board.

The only differences I have are that I'd have given a little more of a nod to Hamlin as he's been very very good the few times I've watched Seattle. I also think you give slightly short shrift to Simmons who I've viewed as one of the league's better LB's for more than 2 seasons.

Assuming you're force-fed them more out there, do you have any thoughts on their situation at TE? That position has always seemed to be a huge cog in the kind of offense Holmgren prefers and it's also been a bane to the Bills for some time now.  Seattle just can't seem to settle on a guy there and I wonder how they've been using the position this year.

I'm also not sure what their LB corps looks like since Simmons out and I'm not sure of CBrown's health.

Cya

132490[/snapback]

I like Hamlin - he's a throwback and can be a difference maker when he doesn't think too much. He's the key to unraveling their entire secondary. Kenny Easley anyone?

Simmons has been the only constant on their defense over the last couple of years, which makes his production even more stellar. He definately suffers from "Takeo Spikes as a Bengal"-itis as far as publicity is concerned. It's probably made worse by the team's ridiculous uniforms.

Brown is definately banged up and nowhere near the pass rushing threat he was in steeltown. One can only hope that the VERY inexperienced Tracy Adams or Isiah Kaczyvenski (who's a pretty good special teamer) see regular PT in this game. They'd bite on misdirection all day long.

Their TEs are all plodders who are truly only threats in the short/medium and in the redzone. Stevens is a mauler at the point of attack but uses his size pretty well on hooks and especially on the goal line (though he's rarely primary). The thought of Fletch covering him scares the hell out of me but he's no threat after the catch as long as he's not allowed to get the train underway. Mili is pretty much a carbon copy.