The Refs actually called a very good game

Heels20X6

We rag on them all the time but tonight in the Super Bowl, they did their job really well and let the game be decided on the field making the calls they had to. On the one challenge, they even made the right call when they easily could have stuck with the call on the field.

Congrats to the crew.

Not like the Sens-Sabres games... :worthy:

Anyway... They did call a good game.

The refs did blow that ticky-tacky personal fould out of bounds on the Colts and didn't call some abuse to the players, especially against the Colts (which I don't believe should be the rule)... But rules are rules and they should enforce them.

The ref did blow the 2-pt call and he was looking right at it less than a few feet away... Thank God the replay got it right.

IMHO the two personal foul calls were both B.S. to get the refs on TV...its the super bowl for god sake's, people are going to finish the play. I think the Saints' didn't make that 2pc and overturning the call on the field was really shady, but it didn't matter in the end.

Not like the Sens-Sabres games... :worthy:

Anyway... They did call a good game.

The refs did blow that ticky-tacky personal fould out of bounds on the Colts and didn't call some abuse to the players, especially against the Colts (which I don't believe should be the rule)... But rules are rules and they should enforce them.

The ref did blow the 2-pt call and he was looking right at it less than a few feet away... Thank God the replay got it right.

That was one of those plays that was a TON easier to see in slow motion...it probably looked to the referee like Moore was bobbling the ball when it became dislodged (which was actually pretty close to being true).

IMHO the two personal foul calls were both B.S. to get the refs on TV...its the super bowl for god sake's, people are going to finish the play. I think the Saints' didn't make that 2pc and overturning the call on the field was really shady, but it didn't matter in the end.

On the second pump, he had full possesion and with the ball over the plane! Look at it again in slo-mo!

That was one of those plays that was a TON easier to see in slow motion...it probably looked to the referee like Moore was bobbling the ball when it became dislodged (which was actually pretty close to being true).

:worthy:

Exactly! Slo-mo helped greatly! It broke down both "pumps." The second being where he gained full possesion.

I am calling it "pump" for lack of a better name.

We rag on them all the time but tonight in the Super Bowl, they did their job really well and let the game be decided on the field making the calls they had to. On the one challenge, they even made the right call when they easily could have stuck with the call on the field.

Congrats to the crew.

manning was clipped on the pick return

manning was clipped on the pick return

I saw that too. If they call that and Indy's defense can hold the Saints to no more than one first down it could have still been a 7 point game with enough time on the clock.

There were a lot of soft punches thrown at the end of plays especially by the Colts that they let go.

Hargrove call was good - classic spearing.

Great no call on Vilma pass interfernece as he turned around for the ball a split seond before it was there.

Hargrove didn't spear, he was going for a tackle. He was lunging before the player was down. Players make helmet-to-shoulder contact all the time. bull **** call.

Manning wasn't clipped. Do you even know what clipping is?

Glad to see this one wasn't determined by the referees. I just wish the previous 20 weeks of football were the same way.

Overall, I agree the refs were good -at being invisible.

They had a serious gaff, though, on the on-sides kick IMO. An Indy player clearly had the ball on the ground, behind a Saints players' legs. The refs let the situation get out of hand and had no choice but to award possesion to the last guy they saw with the ball after the scrum unfolded. Had it been replayed, I think Indy gets possesion.

Critcal play as N.O. scored to end the 1st half, then scored to open the 2nd.

Overall, I agree the refs were good -at being invisible.

They had a serious gaff, though, on the on-sides kick IMO. An Indy player clearly had the ball on the ground, behind a Saints players' legs. The refs let the situation get out of hand and had no choice but to award possesion to the last guy they saw with the ball after the scrum unfolded. Had it been replayed, I think Indy gets possesion.

Critcal play as N.O. scored to end the 1st half, then scored to open the 2nd.

possession had not been established, these things always turn into a scrum..

however i did see what looked like a clip on manning on the pick, but the images were brief