FA QB?

What about Kyle Boller?

Our new QB coach, George Cortez, worked with Boller at the University of Cal...

...does anybody think he would be a decent backup?

I would take him as a backup...but, I want to start new/fresh at the QB position with this new regime. I think Trent Edwards could be decent, but is probably a better backup. However, he deserves to go elsewhere to try and resurrect his career.

We've got enough backups now. If we're going to sign a FA QB (I hope we do), I want someone whose good and can start. Like Kyle Orton, or Duante Culpepper, or Chad Pennington, or Tavaris Jackson.

none of those guys sound good, unfortunately, there's not many good qb's out there right now

IDK to be honest, Orton is a possibility, but the other 3 no way, I am in favor of giving brohm the chance to compete , we spent nothing to get him, so why not. I think it depends on what offense gailey is running, if he goes with a spread type, get a guy that has done it, thigpin, brohm, lefevour, etc... IDK, but pennington is not the guy you want, T-jack reminds me of a black jp losman, and culpepper couldnt beat out stafford last year, so i'm not sure he'd be a good idea either. everything is up in the air. I guess Orton is the best option out there right now

Because we wanna freakin' win, that's why. We aren't a QB production society, obviously. Glad to see you are coming around to my way way fo thinkng on Orton!

keeping him thru camp doesnt hurt anything and you get to see what he has, if anything, Orton is the safest best option of the guys available, but we still need a longterm answer somewhere, and orton isnt that guy

What about Kyle Boller?

I would take him as a backup...but, I want to start new/fresh at the QB position with this new regime. I think Trent Edwards could be decent, but is probably a better backup. However, he deserves to go elsewhere to try and resurrect his career.

I am not very high on him, he was unsuccesful on more than one team. He could beat out brohm. Plus, one way or another i think we will bring in a running QB.

We've got enough backups now. If we're going to sign a FA QB (I hope we do), I want someone whose good and can start. Like Kyle Orton, or Duante Culpepper, or Chad Pennington, or Tavaris Jackson.

Kyle Orton? Really reddog? You want Kyle Orton as your QB? (ugh!)

I am not very high on him, he was unsuccesful on more than one team. He could beat out brohm. Plus, one way or another I think we will bring in a running QB.

If I recall correctly, Boller was a mobile, scrambling QB. Obviously not like Vick, McNabb, VY or Tarvaris Jackson. But, he is mobile. I am not saying I want Boller, but since he has a connection with our new QB coach, I figured he might be worth a look as a decent backup. I would rather have him than Fitzpatrick as a backup.

Pennington is washed up...he's about to lose his job to Chad Henne. I would take him as a backup though. But, he does not fit the mold of QB we need in Buffalo. He is getting older, can't move in the pocket and his arm is weak.

Kyle Orton is horrible. The Broncos were riding high, due to their defense...then they fell apart and Orton looked terrible.

Tarvaris Jackson is not the QB of the future for this team, let alone any other team. I would certainly take a look at him as a Brad Smith, "Slash" type player. We need a guy like that on our team.

Daunte Culpepper would be interesting, but I mentioned that a week or so ago and got ripped for it. If we go Tebow, I think Culpepper would be a good mentor for him.

Kyle Orton is a restricted free agent, I definately don't think he is worth high round draft choice compensation. Plus, even if the Bills tendered him, I doubt the Broncos would allow him to leave. Tarvaris Jackson is an RFA as well.

What about Kyle Boller?

Why are we concerned about a backup QB? Besides, Boller is awful. We need a starter. We have enough options for a backup.

Pennington is washed up...he's about to lose his job to Chad Henne. I would take him as a backup though. But, he does not fit the mold of QB we need in Buffalo. He is getting older, can't move in the pocket and his arm is weak.

Say "No" to Pennington. He can be very accurate but not a strong enough arm. Every time he played in Buffalo during the winter months he had horrible games.

I am for signing any decent FA qb...not for trading for a qb that will cost us anything higher than a 5th round pick...we need these picks in the long run!

Name me a qb that is the answer for the next +5 years? I think that's why so many are rooting for Brohm (24, have to wait a see), silently rooting for Edwards (26, untapped potential?), and turning away from Fitzy (27, not the answer long-term period)

Just to clarify the following QBs that have been discussed on this board are NOT the long term answer (age in parenthesis):

VICK!

McNabb (33)

Pennington (34)

Garcia (39)

Kyle Orton is horrible. The Broncos were riding high, due to their defense...then they fell apart and Orton looked terrible.

Tarvaris Jackson is not the QB of the future for this team, let alone any other team. I would certainly take a look at him as a Brad Smith, "Slash" type player. We need a guy like that on our team.

Daunte Culpepper would be interesting, but I mentioned that a week or so ago and got ripped for it. If we go Tebow, I think Culpepper would be a good mentor for him.

Are you sure? Kyle threw 21 TDs and 12 picks for 3802 yards in 2009 with a 86.8 rating. In week 16 he threw 3 TDs and 1 pick against playoff bound Philly in a 30-27 losing effort. Who was letting who down, offense or defense?

I think we should STOP looking for a long term answer at QB and instead find someone who can play well in 2010. We can at the same time be looking long term if the right QB comes our way or can be drafted. But, don't force it. If it ain't ther don't reach for someone, ala JP or Trent. QBs too important for projects at this point. We owe it to our players like Evans and Freddie J and Moorman and Schoebel to try to make a run now. Why do we keep putting our seasons on hold until we can "develop" one of these young QBs. We've been playing for next year for the last 5 years with projects at QB. Enough is enough. Real proven NFL caliber QBs are out there to be had. Let's get one.

It's not long term I know, but so freakin' what? In the long term, we're all dead.