Antoine Winfield

Frez

Detroit Lions at 01:49

1-10-DET12 (1:49) (Shotgun) J.Harrington pass intended for R.Swinton INTERCEPTED by A.Winfield at DET 21. A.Winfield to DET 18 for 3 yards (R.Swinton).

PENALTY on MIN, Unsportsmanlike Conduct, 15 yards, enforced at DET 18.

I like Antoine, he's a very good player, but I honestly don't think our defense has suffered at all without him either. That's a testament to the depth of talent we have on D... it's still a rock solid unit. They sure put a hutrtin on Martz and the Rams.

Yeah... but hasn't he been getting his butt burned a lot this season.

(Didn't Favre always throw his way a week or two ago?????)

131477[/snapback]

Depends on who you're talking to on this board. He has to go up against the top receivers in the NFL and of course he will lose a few of them battles. I don't know any CB that can cover Marvin Harrison like a blanket eevry snap, do you? I'd much rather have Winfield than McGee at the CB spot for us.

Bottom line is, Winfield is making a difference for the Vikings defense this year. That game winning INT was sweet last week.

Thw Winfield situation is what's wrong with today's NFL. Train young players so you can watch them play for your competition. It's too bad the rules are made to allow small market teams like Buffalo ruin it for everyone else.

Thw Winfield situation is what's wrong with today's NFL. Train young players so you can watch them play for your competition. It's too bad the rules are made to allow small market teams like Buffalo ruin it for everyone else. ---------

small market teams...what a joke. 80K every home game and we are small market. Kiss my small market ass.

I'm still waiting for Antoine to catch that ball in Dallas last year. :blink:

Three picks this year for him. Isn't that more than he had his whole career in Buffalo?

I liked his game; he's a great tackler. But he didn't make the picks he should have made in a Bills uniform.

he didn't like Buffalo and was gone as soon as that contract ended.

131346[/snapback]

i don't think it was buffalo he didn't like as much as donahoe and williams. he was a wade/butler guy and when they drove wade and his 29-19 record out of town for an unproven coach with a great interview who went 17-31 that soured him on the franchise

i don't think it was buffalo he didn't like as much as donahoe and williams.  he was a wade/butler guy and when they drove wade and his 29-19 record out of town for an unproven coach with a great interview who went 17-31 that soured him on the franchise

131683[/snapback]

excellent point dev/null....Winfield was sick of the phony G Williams and the unproven Donahoe. Maybe he was sick of Ralph too...cuz maybe Wade needed replacing...but not with a joke like Williams...I think Williams is one of those guys that got credit he didn't deserve in Tennessee for that defense--and it propelled him to jobs he was awful at. How are them Redskins doing??

excellent point dev/null....Winfield was sick of the phony G Williams and the unproven Donahoe. Maybe he was sick of Ralph too...cuz maybe Wade needed replacing...but not with a joke like Williams...I think Williams is one of those guys that got credit he didn't deserve in Tennessee for that defense--and it propelled him to jobs he was awful at. How are them Redskins doing??

131713[/snapback]

I hate to say it, but Williams might be the only reason the Skins won't be picking first the next draft.

I miss Antoine, too, but I had the indignity of formally giving my Bills 26 jersey to my brother, a Vikes fan.) Plus, I have seen him get burned A LOT this season. I think those 3 INTS are misleading. But, it's not like I have watched every Vikes game, either.

However, I wish he hadn't left.

I'm still waiting for Antoine to catch that ball in Dallas last year.  :lol:

Three picks this year for him.  Isn't that more than he had his whole career in Buffalo?

I liked his game; he's a great tackler.  But he didn't make the picks he should have made in a Bills uniform.

131643[/snapback]

How true. Had Winfield made that pick (he laughed about dropping it), he had no one to stop him from scoring and we win that game. That drop was just like the numerous others he had while here.

Winfield did not wish to stay a Bill, period.

I also remember he had agreed in principal with the Jets and was to sign with them, and all of sudden, he went to Minny and signed his big deal there. Walked on us and used the Jets. Not impressed with the "character" shown with this. Yet, it was always about the $$$ and he did maximize his take so....

Good corner, who despite his size is outstanding in run support (text book tackler). What compensation did we get for his loss?

I am a huge Winfield fan because he always works hard on the field (I remember a couple of tackles where he left his receiver on one side of the field to sprint to the other side to make the tackle). He was our leading tackler for many of the years he was here. And I would have loved to keep him despite his hands of stone. But I knew when we did not sign him BEFORE his last season began that there was no way we could keep him. And I don't think he was worth what Minn. paid him. But I still wish him lots of success (as long as we are not facing Minn.) He was my favorite Bills player since the Jim Kelly era.