1985 BILLS DRAFT BEST EVER IN THE NFL??

Buffalo 66

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

probably not...yes they took bruce smith...and got a steal with Reed later in the draft...but who else is worth spit in there? franch reich was a good backup QB, sure...but I wouldnt say because of him it was the best draft ever haha...

Two hall of fame players in one draft, HALL OF FAME PLAYERS not pro bowl players HALL OF FAME LMOA!!! Show me a better daft!!

Two hall of fame players in one draft, HALL OF FAME PLAYERS not pro bowl players HALL OF FAME LMOA!!! Show me a better daft!!

if I do some research -when im outta work today- im sure that I can come across another teams draft where they drafted two HOF players...im even thinkin the cowboys had a couple in same draft around same time we did...not to mention. Also, two hall of famers and a bunch of trash...is that really better than a draft that nets 4 or 5 pro bowlers? 5 great players rather than just 2? im sure there are plenty of drafts..like I said, ill do that research when im done here

probably not...yes they took bruce smith...and got a steal with Reed later in the draft...but who else is worth spit in there? franch reich was a good backup QB, sure...but I wouldnt say because of him it was the best draft ever haha...

Two Hall of Fame players! Plus Riech who won many keys games for us in the glory years.

Other Players of note:

Derrick Burroughs was developing into a very good corner until he got injured. He was better than Kirby Jackson and would have been an excellent tandem with Odomes.

Hal Garner was an excellent special teams player and a good backup LB. Better than what we have today.

Chris Burkett was a good reciever. He did not get along with Jim Kelly and was shipped out. He had a very good career for the Jets after that.

Steelers 1974 easily bests that.

This is a pretty good link on the topic.

1 21 Lynn Swann WR USC

2 46 Jack Lambert LB Kent State

4 82 John Stallworth WR Alabama A&M

4 100 Jimmy Allen DB UCLA

5 125 Mike Webster C Wisconsin

6 149 Jim Wolf DE Prairie View A&M

6 150 Rich Druschel T North Carolina State

7 165 Allen Sitterle -- North Carolina State

7 179 Scott Garske -- Eastern Washington

8 204 Mark Gefert -- Purdue

9 223 Tommy Reamon RB Missouri

9 229 Charles Davis DT Texas Christian