OT - the Perfect Song

Coach Tuesday

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am impressed by some of the songs. I love the Pixies! Little Wing is one of my favorites. Got to love Ripple- I especially like the Janes Addiction version. My pick for the perfect song-

Julia-The Beatles. The most beautiful song I have ever heard.

Would you prefer Norwegian Wood?  Dear Prudence?  Something?  Blackbird?

131432[/snapback]

I pretty much hate the Beatles. Kinda the "anti-you" in that respect. Probably because my parents, aunts & uncles, and oldest sister played them into the ground when I was growing up. Same holds true with Led Zep. Immediate station change if either comes on.

Nothing against their music or what they mean to so many people.

I pretty much hate the Beatles.  Kinda the "anti-you" in that respect.  Probably because my parents, aunts & uncles, and oldest sister played them into the ground when I was growing up.  Same holds true with Led Zep.  Immediate station change if either comes on.

131434[/snapback]

Wow thats strange. I have listened to the Beatles almost every day for 20 years and I have a finer appreciation for them then ever. My mother played Fleetwood Mac to death and I still love Rumours. I could see how you could get sick of your parents music though. Oh yeah I love Zep too :blink:

I'm gonna add another one, 'cause no one reads my posts anyway...

"Fairytale of New York" by the Pogues

It was Christmas eve in the drunktank

An old man said to me, won't see another one

And then he sang

The Rare Old Mountain Dew

And I turned my face away

And dreamed about you

I'm gonna add another one, 'cause no one reads my posts anyway...

"Fairytale of New York" by the Pogues

It was Christmas eve in the drunktank

An old man said to me, won't see another one

And then he sang

The Rare Old Mountain Dew

And I turned my face away

And dreamed about you

131440[/snapback]

I like Yeah Yeah Yeah by the Poques. Another great band

Wow thats strange.  I have listened to the Beatles almost every day for 20 years and I have a finer appreciation for them then ever.  My mother played Fleetwood Mac to death and I still love Rumours.  I could see how you could get sick of your parents music though.  Oh yeah I love Zep too :blink:

131438[/snapback]

My mother bought broadway musical albums and my father liked Slim Whitman and Eddie Arnold.

Yeah, one can get sick of their parent's music alright.

I pretty much hate the Beatles.  Kinda the "anti-you" in that respect.  Probably because my parents, aunts & uncles, and oldest sister played them into the ground when I was growing up.  Same holds true with Led Zep.  Immediate station change if either comes on.

131434[/snapback]

I hear you on the Led Zep thing. The Ramones could write 12 songs in the same time some of those Zep'lin songs take. I hate Jazz.

My mother bought broadway musical albums and my father liked Slim Whitman and Eddie Arnold.

Yeah, one can get sick of their parent's music alright.

131444[/snapback]

My Dad used to flip me stevestojan about Van Halen, Judas Priest, and AC/DC. Meanwhile, the friggin' Carpenters and Kenny Rogers are on the turntable. "Oh Ruuuuuubyyyyyyy, don't take your love to town." I died a little every day. :blink:

I hear you on the Led Zep thing.  The Ramones could write 12 songs in the same time some of those Zep'lin songs take.  I hate Jazz.

131445[/snapback]

Man you guys are killing me! I love Jazz! Miles, Coltrane, Monk, Parker, Holliday, Mingus, Brubeck, Getz, Armstrong all fuggin rock! I love the Ramones too. I love the Beatles and Zep too

My Dad used to flip me stevestojan about Van Halen, Judas Priest, and AC/DC.  Meanwhile, the friggin' Carpenters and Kenny Rogers are on the turntable.  "Oh Ruuuuuubyyyyyyy, don't take your love to town."  I died a little every day.  :blink:

131446[/snapback]

I rewrote that, BTW.

"You've painted both your breasts, rolled and curled your pubic hair..."

Probably shouldn't go any further here.

Man you guys are killing me!  I love Jazz!  Miles, Coltrane, Monk, Parker, Holliday, Mingus, Brubeck, Getz, Armstrong all fuggin rock!  I love the Ramones too.  I love the Beatles and Zep too

131448[/snapback]

:blink: Sorry Pete, I just don't have the attention span for Jazz. My Dad is a huge Coltrane fan, though. You should check out Psychotic Reactions and Carborator Dung, a collection of Lester Bangs columns for Cream from the 70's. He was a huge Coltrane fan, even took up the sax and cut a record (the name of which escapes me right now). Some hilarious stuff in there.

:blink: Sorry Pete, I just don't have the attention span for Jazz.  My Dad is a huge Coltrane fan, though.  You should check out Psychotic Reactions and Carborator Dung, a collection of Lester Bangs columns for Cream from the 70's.  He was a huge Coltrane fan, even took up the sax and cut a record (the name of which escapes me right now).  Some hilarious stuff in there.

131454[/snapback]

A Love Supreme by Coltrane is probably the second most beautiful song I have ever hear. I will look for that Psychotic Dung album- thanks for the rec! BTW the thing with Jazz is its such awesome background music. Very ambient. Great for reading, relaxing, romancing, cooking, etc