The worst movies of 2009

Astrojanitor

This years Razzie nominations:

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b164994_razzie_noms_are_all_about_steve_sandra.html?utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=imdb_tv-movies

I saw all 5 movies....I'm slightly ashamed to say I enjoyed Land of the Lost. It was moronic, but Danny Mcbride makes pretty much anything golden.

Did you ever see the land of the lost tv show??

Did you ever see the land of the lost tv show??

I did and loved it. The Sid and Marty Kroft stuff holds a special place in my heart. Despite everything they did being kind of a mess, it does make me feel like a kid. the movie has a totally different purpose and vibe than the original...but entertaining in a stupid "hey this kills 2 hours" kind of way.

I'm bad at links, so read this:

Leading the pack among this year’s RAZZIE® contenders are one of the year’s biggest money-makers and the year’s biggest money-loser, each with seven nods. RAZZIE® Repeat Offender Michael Bay helped lead the over-loud, over-long, uber-stupid TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN to a huge box office take...and to a huge haul of RAZZIE® nominations as well. In addition to Worst Director and Worst Picture, the film is up for Worst Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel, Worst Screenplay, Worst Supporting Actress (Julie White as the stoned, screaming mother of Shia Le Bouf), Worst Screen Couple (Le Bouf and EITHER Megan Fox OR Any Transformer) and Worst Actress (Fox again, dually nominated for this film and JENNIFER’S BODY). Keeping up with TRANNIES, TOO in the RAZZIE® race (but decidedly not at the box office) is Last Summer’s Biggest B.O. bomb, LAND OF THE LOST, also with 7 shots at taking home spray-painted gold. LOST star Will Ferrell is listed in both Worst Actor and Worst Screen Couple (Ferrell & Any Co-Star, Creature or “Comic Riff”) and the film itself is also nominated for Worst Picture, Worst Director, Worst Screenplay, Worst Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel and Worst Supporting Actor (the screaching Jorma Taccone as the monkeylike Cha-Ka). Rounding out the Worst Picture list are the Disney dud OLD DOGS, the awful “action-figures-come-to-life” 9-Year-Old-Boy-Movie G.I. JOE: THE RISE OF COBRA and the So-Good-It-Was-Held-Back-from-Release-for-2-Years “comedy” ALL ABOUT STEVE (whose star, Worst Actress nominee Sandra Bullock, could pull off the unprecedented feat of “winning” a RAZZIE® one day before winning an Oscar®).

Other well-known names shamed as being last year’s worst include 2010 Oscar® co-host Steve Martin (Worst Actor for PINK PANTHER 2), Beyonce (Worst Actress for OBSESSED), Worst Actor of the Decade contenders Eddie Murphy (up for Worst Actor of 2009 in IMAGINE THAT) and John Travolta (Worst Actor of 2009 for OLD DOGS) as well as the twitty Dizz-Knee ’tween idols Miley Cyrus (Worst Actress for HANNAH MONTANA: THE MOVIE) and any two or more of the Jonas Brothers, nominated jointly for Worst Actor and Worst Screen Couple — for their documentary JONAS BROS. A 3-D CONCERT EXPERIENCE. A complete list of nominees is included with this press release.

I haven't seen this, but I am not a fan of him at all and according to imdb.com it's on the bottom 100 movies ever.

Tyler Perry's "I Can Do Bad All By Myself"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1385912/

Honorable Mention:

Twilight sequel "New Moon"

^I haven't seen that one either, but from what I've heard from many people is that it was absolutely terrible.

This years Razzie nominations:

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b164994_razzie_noms_are_all_about_steve_sandra.html?utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=imdb_tv-movies

I saw all 5 movies....I'm slightly ashamed to say I enjoyed Land of the Lost. It was moronic, but Danny Mcbride makes pretty much anything golden.

I didn't think Land of the Lost was a good film by any means, but I did find myself laughing a few times. I know a lot of people hate Will Ferrell, but I'm the exact opposite. When you factor in someone else who's just as funny, if not more so, and allow them to play off one another, it's hard not to laugh.

I think I laughed the hardest at the scenes with Ferrell and "Chaka".

I am a huge Transformers fan, and while I do not think Revenge of the Fallen is the worst movie of the year, I can understand them nominating it. I await the day when they reboot the series, then maybe we will get someone who can make Transformers into a more serious sci-fi/action film, and we can get rid of all the obscenely stupid humor we get. I hate what Michael Bay has done with the Transformers films and am glad to see him get the worst director nod. Although nothing make me happier than seeing them nominate Julie White as worst supporting actress, I think she should win hands down. The parents in that movie was one of the worst things in to witness in movie history.

I'm surprised that they nominated G.I. Joe. I thought it was an entertaining movie. So G.I. Joe is actually worse than these movies: Gamer, Sorority Row, Bruno, I Love You Beth Cooper, My Life in Ruins, Imagine That, Year One, Next Day Air, Dragonball: Evolution, Observe & Report, Twelve Rounds, Fired Up!, Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li, Bride Wars?

Those are bad movies, not G.I. Joe.

I am a huge Transformers fan, and while I do not think Revenge of the Fallen is the worst movie of the year, I can understand them nominating it. I await the day when they reboot the series, then maybe we will get someone who can make Transformers into a more serious sci-fi/action film, and we can get rid of all the obscenely stupid humor we get. I hate what Michael Bay has done with the Transformers films and am glad to see him get the worst director nod. Although nothing make me happier than seeing them nominate Julie White as worst supporting actress, I think she should win hands down. The parents in that movie was one of the worst things in to witness in movie history.

I'm surprised that they nominated G.I. Joe. I thought it was an entertaining movie. So G.I. Joe is actually worse than these movies: Gamer, Sorority Row, Bruno, I Love You Beth Cooper, My Life in Ruins, Imagine That, Year One, Next Day Air, Dragonball: Evolution, Observe & Report, Twelve Rounds, Fired Up!, Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li, Bride Wars?

Gamer was AWFUL. I just watched it this past week. It made Surrogates look like an oscar worthy film.

Year One was terrible...but there are few things I have seen in my life that I hated more than GI Joe.

I dug most of Observe and Report-but the incessant swearing wore me down after awhile. Killer soundtrack though.