Most Important Postitions of Need For the Bills

Steely Dan

Most important postion for upgrade.  

100 members have voted

1. 1. What position is the most important to upgrade on offense?

• QB
    • RB
    • FB
    • LT
    • G
    • RT
    • TE
    • WR
    • C
    • Other - explain
  2. 2. What postion is the most important to upgrade on defense?

• DE
    • DT
    • OLB
    • ILB
    • S
    • CB
    • Other - Explain

Which position is the most important position to upgrade on offense and defense this offseason?

My votes are LT and DT.

There's no point in taking a QB if you can't protect him. IMO, the best way to ruin a rookie QB is to give him an inferior line. Since LT is the most important position on the field that needs to be addressed first.

IMO, the pass rush is helped by the Bills great secondary and being able to stop the run. The biggest problem with the D last year was stopping the run. A big DT is definitely the biggest need.

Which position is the most important position to upgrade on offense and defense this offseason?

My votes are LT and DT.

There's no point in taking a QB if you can't protect him. IMO, the best way to ruin a rookie QB is to give him an inferior line. Since LT is the most important position on the field that needs to be addressed first.

IMO, the pass rush is helped by the Bills great secondary and being able to stop the run. The biggest problem with the D last year was stopping the run. A big DT is definitely the biggest need.

LT and QB are neck and neck, but a great QB could compensate for poor pass protection. You think if we had Marino in his prime that the '09 Bills would have won a few more games?

LT and QB are neck and neck, but a great QB could compensate for poor pass protection. You think if we had Marino in his prime that the '09 Bills would have won a few more games?

I don't see any Marinos in their prime in FA or the draft. That's why I say go with LT.

I don't see any Marinos in their prime in FA or the draft. That's why I say go with LT.

I agree. If the franchise QB isn't available you have to take an alternative route. I think there's likely to be some proven FA QBs. That's why I say get a good FA QB, not to win the Super Bowl with necessarily, but to solidify the position and bring us to a basic level of competency while a young future franchise QB is being found and/or groomed.

Then get the best LT possible in the draft.

Now, if you could show me a good FA LT, then maybe we go the opposite route. But, I don't think you find both in FA or the Draft this year. And we need to dramatically improve both positions to even be considered relevant let alone winning.

I agree. If the franchise QB isn't available you have to take an alternative route. I think there's likely to be some proven FA QBs. That's why I say get a good FA QB, not to win the Super Bowl with necessarily, but to solidify the position and bring us to a basic level of competency while a young future franchise QB is being found and/or groomed.

Then get the best LT possible in the draft.

Now, if you could show me a good FA LT, then maybe we go the opposite route. But, I don't think you find both in FA or the Draft this year. And we need to dramatically improve both positions to even be considered relevant let alone winning.

I don't want a FA QB from the FA crop this year. I'd rather they go with one of the guys on the roster or maybe a second round QB pick.

Whoever that woman is, she doesn't lack confidence.

Dude, that's not a woman....is it?

I don't want a FA QB from the FA crop this year. I'd rather they go with one of the guys on the roster or maybe a second round QB pick.

IMO, it depends upong who they go after/get as a FA. I agree, lets not go after some career scrub that's only upside is he's been in the league longer than our guys. But, if a true starting QB is available - ala Pennington was for Miami a few years ago - then I say lets do it.

But, to go with one our our current QBs or a draft pick; means the QB position is again a huge question mark next season. Perhaps it works out, but there's no guarantee at all. And the probability is actually higher that our QB play will be substandard, because our line will still be young and learning regardless of who they bring in to play tackle (especially if its a draft pick).

Dude, that's not a woman....is it?

clearly it's not... at least i hope not.

I think your right!!!!!

Now all we have to do is find a QB that can throw unconscious from his back, a RB that can literally run through a brick wall and our offensive line will no longer be our biggest problem.

My votes are LT and DT.

I don't entirely agree...Yes, If you are going to start a QB like the Jets did with M. Sanchez...but many teams don't start them their first year and I don't think that the Bills would start a rookie QB...at least until the starter gets injured. I think it's good for a rookie QB to come in and learn the system without the pressure of having to start right off the bat. Learn the playbook, get to know the players and practice, practice, practice...learn the speed of the NFL without getting knocked out in a game situation. I think the Bills should bring in a free agent even though I don't like most of the names of those who will be available to date. Have the QB be a mentor to the rookie...Don't sign the freeagent beyond 2 years to prevent a QB debate as to who the starter should be. If the FA QB falters from the start...yes that can lead to a QB controversy...but that's the risk you take...I also think we need to draft a LT...early as well...it would be nice to move back into the 1st round like N.England often does! Yeah and we need a DT early as well...and this and that..etc...lots of holes to fill !