Looks like Gailey and Nix are putting together a good staff.

DarthICE

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure some of them aren't 'names' but they look really qualified. Add to it they have brought back three really good coaches including an old one that should have never been let go in the past.

Pretty damn good in my opinion.

I'm still having a hard time with the way the Bills arrived at hiring these two, and was extremely unimpressed with the way Nix handled himself at the Gailey press conference, but am willing to give them a chance. What choice do we really have I guess? I hope you're right on this, but must admit after the past 10 years, everything they do will seem like "what were they thinking" until we see results on the field.

Not that hard to beat the last staff. Our DC, OC, LB, TE, and QB coaches were learning on the job.

I like what I see so far with this Chan's staff, but the DC was hardly learning on the job last year. Fewell is a very respected DC as evidenced by his quick hire. Not to mention the fact that 6 other coaches found quick employment.

I think the only coach in over his head last year was Alex and I think could turn into a pretty decent coach as well.

I'm still having a hard time with the way the Bills arrived at hiring these two, and was extremely unimpressed with the way Nix handled himself at the Gailey press conference, but am willing to give them a chance. What choice do we really have I guess? I hope you're right on this, but must admit after the past 10 years, everything they do will seem like "what were they thinking" until we see results on the field.

I love how Nix was at the Gailey Pc. It is about time someone B word slaps the friggin media. They were WRONG and he called their asses on it.

I love the fact he told EVERYONE, Fans included, he doesn't give a **** if you don't like his moves or how he does things. I wish more GM's had his balls. It is a breath of fresh air.

I like what I see so far with this Chan's staff, but the DC was hardly learning on the job last year. Fewell is a very respected DC as evidenced by his quick hire. Not to mention the fact that 6 other coaches found quick employment.

I think the only coach in over his head last year was Alex and I think could turn into a pretty decent coach as well.

Fewell sure was learning on the job when we hired him.

Fewell sure was learning on the job when we hired him.

Funny we aledgedly have talent on Defense? Ok then why did we never have a top quality rated defense with Fewell? Bottom line IMHO Caughlin just sealed his fate as NYG coach hiring fewell.

Funny we aledgedly have talent on Defense? Ok then why did we never have a top quality rated defense with Fewell? Bottom line IMHO Caughlin just sealed his fate as NYG coach hiring fewell.

Tom Coughlin did what some people here cry about, he hired a friend, a guy he was comfortable with.

Fewell's numbers stink, end of story. He got lucky with a few bad weather games and improved the defenses terrible overall stats.

We can talk situational football. He was a terrible situational defensive coach.

I agree.

Our secondary, along with our RB's, Kicker, and Punter, are probably the only 2 areas on the team that have been solid this past decade.

The secondary is probably strong in part because of Catavalos, but also in part because of the incredible investment of high draft picks FOR the secondary the Bills have had for the past 10 years.

Bob Sanders probably has squeezed the most out of the least last season, as besides Schobel, Williams, and Johnson the defensive line is weak. Kelsay seemed somewhat improved this past year, with which I attribute it to the techniques of Sanders.

And I love the return of Bruce DeHaven.

I'd **** bricks if the Bills brought back Rusty Jones.

I think we never had a top rated defense because of the system (the Tampa 2 or whatever the heck you want to call it sucks), and because of the way Fewell implemented it. Too conservative and predictable.

Sure some of them aren't 'names' but they look really qualified. Add to it they have brought back three really good coaches including an old one that should have never been let go in the past.

Pretty damn good in my opinion.

As posted in in other threads, Ted Cottrell would be a nice return also!

The press conference was great. At this point my only regret is that Buddy nix was 60 not 70 so we would have him around for more then a fill in blank years

As posted in in other threads, Ted Cottrell would be a nice return also!

yeah - Ted would fit right in

fired as DC by 4 different teams and now fired by the UFL

the Bills can't get a coach better fitting their bottom of the barrel salary requirements.