Greedy NFL Owns "Who Dat"?

Tolstoy

Folks,

The NFL has recently registered the decades old "Who Dat?" expression in connection with the Saints. Of course, the expression is a home-grown local one (not developed by NFL marketing), and the NFL never cared about it when the Saints were horrible. Now, all of a sudden, when the expression is selling T-shirts like crazy, the NFL suddenly claims to own it. This kind of greedy, opportunistic, power play against the small-time vendors of New Orleans is disgusting and ridiculous. Sometimes I just wish we could all boycott this whole greedy bunch of billionaires (players union not excepted) and make the league go bankrupt. Read about it here:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405...oWhatsNewsThird

Not the first time they've tried something like this:

"In 2006, the NFL made an attempt to trademark "The Big Game" as well. However, it withdrew the application in 2007 due to growing commercial opposition to the move, mostly from fans of both Stanford and Cal who compete in The Big Game which concludes their Pac-10 season." - via wiki

Folks,

The NFL has recently registered the decades old "Who Dat?" expression in connection with the Saints. Of course, the expression is a home-grown local one (not developed by NFL marketing), and the NFL never cared about it when the Saints were horrible. Now, all of a sudden, when the expression is selling T-shirts like crazy, the NFL suddenly claims to own it. This kind of greedy, opportunistic, power play against the small-time vendors of New Orleans is disgusting and ridiculous. Sometimes I just wish we could all boycott this whole greedy bunch of billionaires (players union not excepted) and make the league go bankrupt. Read about it here:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405...oWhatsNewsThird

I know.

Who do they think they are?

The NCAA?

I have to agree, we all know NFL owners are some of the greediest men in the country (i.e., see Ralph Wilson), but this takes the cake. What is next? O.K. lets pretend here OK, say the Bills were headed to the Superbowl, is the NFL going to tell companies that they can't make shirts that say "Let's Go Buffalo!" on them? This really makes the NFL look greedy, maybe they are going to try to make up for the lost revenue from their biggest mistake in years, this year's Pro Bowl.