VERY glad we haven't heard about a DC hire yet

eball

...has anyone heard any other rumors about potential candidates for the position?

I haven't heard any rumors, but Pendergast just became available, so lets see what happens over the weekend. From what I've read about him, he could be a solid hire.

The potential DC candidates appear to be:

Bates

Pendergast

G. Cunningham.

The DC hire will be very critical for Gailey and the Bills because Gailey is likely to rely heavily on the DC to take care of business mostly on his own while he handles the offensive play calling and the overall team decisions on gameday. We must hire someone who can get the job done with the defense.

I'm hoping to see Gailey get an experienced, veteran NFL DC, not some college coach who has never been an NFL DC before.

Gailey is certainly taking his time on this hire. Could it be that he is wanting to go to primarily a 3-4 defense, but can't find someone who he is comfortable running that type of defense??

The potential DC candidates appear to be:

Bates

Pendergast

G. Cunningham.

The DC hire will be very critical for Gailey and the Bills because Gailey is likely to rely heavily on the DC to take care of business mostly on his own while he handles the offensive play calling and the overall team decisions on gameday. We must hire someone who can get the job done with the defense.

I'm hoping to see Gailey get an experienced, veteran NFL DC, not some college coach who has never been an NFL DC before.

Gailey is certainly taking his time on this hire. Could it be that he is wanting to go to primarily a 3-4 defense, but can't find someone who he is comfortable running that type of defense??

although those are the lead names.......i'm thinking if it was,,,,it would already be done.....

maybe it's someone from one of the super bowl teams.

it sure as hell better not be Pendergast... canned twice in 3 years... or Cunningham, both 4-3 boys.

So far, this coaching staff, save for Catavalos, is a disaster waiting to happen. None of these guys have any substantive success stories that they can lay claim to.

it sure as hell better not be Pendergast... canned twice in 3 years... or Cunningham, both 4-3 boys.

So far, this coaching staff, save for Catavalos, is a disaster waiting to happen. None of these guys have any substantive success stories that they can lay claim to.

Have you actually done any substantive research on any of the coaches? Doesn't seem like it...