Is American Idol Dead Without Simon?

wide_right

I just read something about that, actually. Apparently there are two Simons...Cowell, and another guy who produces Idol (and I think also created it). My understanding is that they are friendly but very competitive. Simon is going to be bringing Paula to host X-Factor with him next year, and the producer Simon guy said he's going to spend as much money as he has to in order to bring in the best replacement for the Idol show after Cowell leaves.

I think you'll probably see the same thing happen here that happened in the UK....Idol will phase out and XFactor will sort of take over.

I just read something about that, actually. Apparently there are two Simons...Cowell, and another guy who produces Idol (and I think also created it). My understanding is that they are friendly but very competitive. Simon is going to be bringing Paula to host X-Factor with him next year, and the producer Simon guy said he's going to spend as much money as he has to in order to bring in the best replacement for the Idol show after Cowell leaves.

I think you'll probably see the same thing happen here that happened in the UK....Idol will phase out and XFactor will sort of take over.

Cowell really seems like a big d-bag, That show made him and now he's out to destroy it

Cowell really seems like a big d-bag, That show made him and now he's out to destroy it

He ranks up there with Ben Affleck on my "wtf" list....basically it's a list of unbelievably successful people who have no observable talent or merit to justify said success.

Yeah, assistant coaches should never leave to become HC's in the same division either.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, CHANGE YOUR NAME AND AVATAR!

Obviously he's a troll.

Replacing Simon will be tough but hopefully not impossible. I'm sure there are a lot of acerbic people in the music industry. I say bring in Conan O'Brien. He knows a little about music having worked with a killer band and his own musical skills. He's also seen a lot of talented acts on his show and if he's willing to be brutally honest it would work well. JMO

Does it matter???

Isn't there something better on TV like Modern Marvels or something a little less Johnny Weir...

There's something better on my TV....it's the off button. I've very proud of the fact that I've lived here in SF for a year now and I can't tell you what channel NBC, CBS, ABC and Fox are here.

There's something better on my TV....it's the off button. I've very proud of the fact that I've lived here in SF for a year now and I can't tell you what channel NBC, CBS, ABC and Fox are here.

So I guess that means you won't be giving us any input on "Jersey Shore" then?

you know, I don't really mind American Idol. There is something hypnotic about watching new celebrities be built live on tv. That being said, Simon makes the show since he is one of the few television personalities who are actually honest. there is something oddly comforting in knowing there is the one guy on stage who has no patience for nonsense. Culturally we need a bit of that vicious streak to keep us true.

I dunno...after reading this article I'm boycotting Idol from here on out.

Link

First of all, Jim says, "something like 10,000 people show up at each tryout site, and many viewers illogically think they all get in front of the celebrity judges." If viewers did the math, they'd realize there's no way to listen to that many singers in a day or two.

I've known this for years.