Clancy Pendergast finally free from Chiefs

History with Chan both in KC and Dallas....

I'm pretty sure he ran a hybrid 4-3/3-4 in Arizona two years ago and of course went full out 3-4 in KC last year. There's a good chance he could land here but his defenses in Arizona and KC were nothing to write home about.

you took my story

I read it on PFT and came right here to post that I thought he'd be here by the weekend... He could run either a 3-4 or 4-3... Might be interesting to be one of those hybrid teams that uses both formations.. I am extremely surprised we don't see more of that... This guy is creative though.. I'd support it.

HE led the Cardinals defense to the Super Bowl last year, given that Whisenhunt is an Offensive guy.

And its not like the Cardinals' defense was stacked with talent. VERY comparable to ours.

I am on board with this...maybe we could get Derrick Johnson and possibly Berry or Dockett.

*I bet Dedric Ward is our Wide Receivers coach...ya heard it here 1st!

Chiefs have no players on defense = bad coordinator

Pendergast or Bates - which is your choice

why not recommend someone now before we make a choice and you B word about it

Seeing what Bates did in Tampa this year, where he hosed the defense changing it from a Tampa-2, hiring him would be about as productive as shooting oneself in the foot.

I'm pretty sure he ran a hybrid 4-3/3-4 in Arizona two years ago and of course went full out 3-4 in KC last year. There's a good chance he could land here but his defenses in Arizona and KC were nothing to write home about.

Well, his defense in Arizona was good enough to get them to a Super Bowl, so the guy can't be that horrible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clancy_Pendergast

HE led the Cardinals defense to the Super Bowl last year, given that Whisenhunt is an Offensive guy.

And its not like the Cardinals' defense was stacked with talent. VERY comparable to ours.

Well, his defense in Arizona was good enough to get them to a Super Bowl, so the guy can't be that horrible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clancy_Pendergast

Right! :unsure:

Like I said, they did not exactly have the deepest defense stacked with talent either! I would say our talent is VERY comparable to that of the Super Bowl Cardinals team.

Again, he just MAY be able to sway Derrick Johnson to come to Buffalo...and/or Berry or Dockett!