Trent Edwards Quick Draw

Hand speed of 82 miles an hour? No wonder the kid has regressed...he is having too much fun on his own... :worthy:

Seriously, I may be the only one who still thinks Trent may have some game, he just needs to be rehabilitated from his previous handlers... he just showed way too much promise early on, to have gone in the tank so quickly... get 'er done Chan!

his problem never has been his quick release or his completion %..the problem I see is how long he takes to make a decision on where to throw and his choice of where to throw, which I believe stems from his concussions, bad o-line play and all his hits...not that the concussions actually had a "brain damage" effect, but maybe he became scared...I wish someone would just slap him and say something like "wake up you kitty, start playing like a real QB"

edit:..I didn't type in kitty..lol

his problem never has been his quick release or his completion %..the problem I see is how long he takes to make a decision on where to throw and his choice of where to throw, which I believe stems from his concussions, bad o-line play and all his hits...not that the concussions actually had a "brain damage" effect, but maybe he became scared...I wish someone would just slap him and say something like "wake up you kitty, start playing like a real QB"

edit:..I didn't type in kitty..lol

A great find and way cool. That being said while I actually do not doubt TE can have being scared trained out of him, I actually think his real problem is that he meets my definition of deserving the label injury prone. I define it as missing playing time 3 separate times to three different injuries within two seasons.

Edwards missed PT due to a wrist injury, recovered from that but then missed playing time in pre-season (which ain't real ball actually as players will sit out practices when they might have player in regular season but in this case practice time was critical for TEs development as a young player and my sense is this undiclosed or I can remember which body part) was a second injury.

He then missed time due to a concussion.

Just as Edwards biology allows his hand speed to be a pretty incredible 82mph, my sense is that like RJ Trent's physical make-up is such that if he gets hit hard an injury to some part of his body will occur. Other players like Farve and even Jimbo seemed to be able to avoid injuries despite taking vicious hits or to simply play through the pain. TE unfortunately strikes me as injury prone (applying the objective standard I tend to apply though even it is subject to subjective judgments like whether his pre-season loss of PT was a real injury or not) and the Bills cannot rely on an injury prone QB without having a Frank Reich who can step in for as many as three games as a credible starter IMHO.

If TE is in fact injury prone this cannot be trained out of him.

Hand speed of 82 miles an hour? No wonder the kid has regressed...he is having too much fun on his own... :worthy:

Seriously, I may be the only one who still thinks Trent may have some game, he just needs to be rehabilitated from his previous handlers... he just showed way too much promise early on, to have gone in the tank so quickly... get 'er done Chan!

Hope he is rehabilitated somewhere else.

Hand speed of 82 miles an hour? No wonder the kid has regressed...he is having too much fun on his own... :lol:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree - i totally believe the previous coaching staff (lack of) was his demise.

I agree - i totally believe the previous coaching staff (lack of) was his demise.

Remember when he first became a starter? He did the little things that Losman never seemed to manage to comprehend, and, he did play with a certain amount of confidence, which JP never seemed to have...eventually though, the "swagger", or confidence seemed to be beat out of him, just like JP before him. You really have to wonder how badly both of these guys suffered, developmentally, in the Bills "system". Though I am not all jazzed up about Gailey (don't hate him, just underwhelmed) I am excited that he does seem to have some track record of getting the most out of his quarterbacks.

Hand speed of 82 miles an hour? No wonder the kid has regressed...he is having too much fun on his own... :lol:

He sucked in College and was captain checkdown/ oft injured there. His 'handling' in the pros doesn't change what he is and has always been.