ESPN Truth and Rumors: Buffalo and Vick

sharper802

I don't want Vick either but this notion that Bills players are more blue collar than other teams, is false.

It's what the players represent. Steelers are the same way. Players know their market, who they represent, and behave accordingly. Does that mean Big Ben had to choose between the mills and the ball field? No, of course not.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there are way worse people in the league than vick that are even more appalling............. from a human sense.

leonard little, donte stallworth, ray lewis were all involved in the killing of people. not animals, but people.

and then there's the dozens of cases of players beating the wife, girlfriend, ect.

you talk about human garbage? these are the truest, Consistent with fact or reality, examples of human garbage

its ok to kill people

It's what the players represent. Steelers are the same way. Players know their market, who they represent, and behave accordingly. Does that mean Big Ben had to choose between the mills and the ball field? No, of course not.

What constitutes behaving in a blue-collar manner anyway? Whatever definition you believe to be the case, it is surely not on the minds of the players. This blue-collar stuff has everything to do with how fans percieve themselves and nothing to do with the actual players.

The Bills and Steelers are made up of the same types of people you find on every NFL team. Good or bad, these players follow their own path.

What constitutes behaving in a blue-collar manner anyway? Whatever definition you believe to be the case, it is surely not on the minds of the players. This blue-collar stuff has everything to do with how fans percieve themselves and nothing to do with the actual players.

The Bills and Steelers are made up of the same types of people you find on every NFL team. Good or bad, these players follow their own path.

I was watching some kind pre game something on NFL Network today and there was footage of Deion Sanders arriving at a game in a Lamborgini...can you imagine Fred Jackson doing that? Or how about Byrd pulling a Jamarcus Russell and bragging about his Rolls Royce? There are some things we would not accept from our players which is representative of the area they represent.

I was watching some kind pre game something on NFL Network today and there was footage of Deion Sanders arriving at a game in a Lamborgini...can you imagine Fred Jackson doing that? Or how about Byrd pulling a Jamarcus Russell and bragging about his Rolls Royce? There are some things we would not accept from our players which is representative of the area they represent.

What would be wrong with rolling up to a game in a Lamborghini or talking about a Rolls Royce. Has nothing to do with anything. Do you know what kind of car Fred drives? No? Because it doesn't matter and has nothing to do with anything. Whether you "accept" it or not.

What would be wrong with rolling up to a game in a Lamborghini or talking about a Rolls Royce. Has nothing to do with anything. Do you know what kind of car Fred drives? No? Because it doesn't matter and has nothing to do with anything. Whether you "accept" it or not.

Oh please. teams have identities, that is why we support them. They dial into something we connect with..otherwise what's the point? Why would anyone in their right mind support a losing team? Not just a losing team, but a team that consistently/constantly loses? it's because something about the Bills speaks to a western New York mentality. Arbitrarily changing that identity would backfire (hence frustration at Lynch). Simply put there's a reason why Dallas has the famous cheerleaders and everyone joked about Vick signing with the Raiders. These teams are an extension of something, otherwise nobody would care. And certainly no one would care enough to post conjecture to a online community. Frankly playing into that identity has everything to do with everything. You think people in this town would respond to some knucklehead babbling about how much money he makes?

Guest dog14787

Michael Vick may end up in Buffalo and I know some of you guys will not be happy. Myself personally, I'm big on Trent Edwards, but regardless of what happens or If Vick comes to Buffalo or not I'm not going to let one person or one decision take my team away.

Even If you don't like a fella there's still a whole team full of players that had nothing to do with the decision. So come on guys don't lose your team over one person, its not worth it.

Agree that Leonard little, donte stallworth killed a human which is a worse crime, but it wasn't like it was a planned crime. Especially with Donte, since he did sleep and thought he had the booze out of his system, and tried to make things right.

Anyone could have accidentally hit someone, but very few people would have pulled the stuff that Vick did.

I think the planned criminal organization with cover run over long period of time is a worse crime, because it hurt more people and put allot of money into hands of other criminals as well who most likely used that money for much worse crimes. Ray is different story and agree with you some what in that case. People that commits crimes like that should not be allow to be in positions like that I do not believe, but as long as people continue to support them they will be allowed to be.

I have also chosen never to watch a game or support a team that Ray Lewis plays on, and have not watched any game that he or Vick have participated in, and have boycotted the corporate sponsors of both teams they have played for since they have come back.

Does that make Vick a bad sign for Bills, I don't know. I hope they don't sign him, and don't think he is a good enough QB to overcome the drop off in physical talent that usually hits athletes when they hit 30. If they do sign him, I think they will be sorry both from economical standpoint, as he will become the face of the franchise, and in the win loss column, since think his best days are way behind him.

He never was a great passer, or great at reading defences, but could hit the home run and was fastest player on the field most of the time. If he hasn't already, it is likely the speed and big play with feet ability are on decline. He was out of football for most of 3 years and on bench for most of last year, so he has some playing to do just to get back to the level he was at reading defences and feel for the pocket. He was injured almost every year he played due to his style of play, so likely will not make it through the year if he becomes a starter again.

With all those negatives I don't think he is worth the loss of face and potential loss of fan base that would come with the signing. Yes the Eagles didn't take much of a hit, but he wasn't their starter or face of their franchise like would be if came here and was actually able to win the starting job.

:blink:

If it only costs a late round draft pick, it seems like a reasonable gamble given the relatively low cost.

People say he is a lousy QB since he only completes about 54% of his passes, but he averages over 8 yards per carry and is the only QB to ever rush for over 1,000 yards in a season. So, yes, he's not a true pocket passer. But, I don't see why running for a first down on third and five is any worse than checking down to a back who picks up the first down. Stats and moral arguments aside, he has won at both the college (20-1 as a starter) and NFL levels (.575 career winning percentage).

The man is a piece of ****. Giant N-bomb! Thats just who he is as a person. As a football player he is utterly terrible at throwing, pretty good at running. As a quarterback he is miles and miles beyond the much younger, more talented Brian Brohm. Brohm is a start waiting to be made. Id give him a training camp and let him start the season for us. The kid has potential to be amazing!

The man is a piece of ****. Giant N-bomb! Thats just who he is as a person. As a football player he is utterly terrible at throwing, pretty good at running. As a quarterback he is miles and miles beyond the much younger, more talented Brian Brohm. Brohm is a start waiting to be made. Id give him a training camp and let him start the season for us. The kid has potential to be amazing!

This is wrong on so many levels. But mostly because of the N word. Classy.

Seems to me Marv gave a second chance to a guy who'd served time for killing a few people when he ran a stop sign, I think under the influence....Rogers, right? After a year he left and if memory serves...got into more trouble with the law.

Vick is ok now because he's got McNabb and Dungy watching him. He comes to Buffalo that's done. I'd rather have McNabb, Tarvares Jackson, or even David Garrard if he's available. Maybe Kurt Warner will unretire LOL.

Evilcape is absolutely correct re Brohm