Could Bob Sanders be our DC?

keithg

I think he was a DC for Green Bay? before he came here and I read he was brought back to work on the defensive side of the ball and Giff Smith was brought in to coach the d line...that makes me think we don't need two d line coaches...maybe Sanders will be promoted to DC???

I think he was a DC for Green Bay? before he came here and I read he was brought back to work on the defensive side of the ball and Giff Smith was brought in to coach the d line...that makes me think we don't need two d line coaches...maybe Sanders will be promoted to DC???

Possible, but Smith was brought in to coach outside LB's wasn't he?

FWIW, that is being speculated in the thread about the new coaching additions....Lori speculated that based on the wording of the article...

If that is the case, then I feel bad for the Bills. Not because Sanders isn't at least a little qualified. But because it would show how incredibly out of touch they are with the rest of the league. If you can't get a quality defensive coordinator candidate in here to at least interview, then that is a failure in itself. Hiring a bunch of guys that were either fired or have some lower positional coach status at a college program is not only pathetic, but it's lazy. The Bills front office needs to at least show they care about keeping this team in town. Not just going with some cheap "safe" bet guys that they have coached with throughout their career.

If that is the case, then I feel bad for the Bills. Not because Sanders isn't at least a little qualified. But because it would show how incredibly out of touch they are with the rest of the league. If you can't get a quality defensive coordinator candidate in here to at least interview, then that is a failure in itself. Hiring a bunch of guys that were either fired or have some lower positional coach status at a college program is not only pathetic, but it's lazy. The Bills front office needs to at least show they care about keeping this team in town. Not just going with some cheap "safe" bet guys that they have coached with throughout their career.

These hiring are a joke to me. Go Chiefs ...I mean Bills. Even the Chiefs Shitz -canned these guys. College coaches and Chief has beens spell....LOSES. :thumbsup:

Bob Sanders is very qualified to be the d coord. What went down in Green Bay could hardly be called his fault.

His CV:

Georgia Tech

(Part-time Coach)

1980-82

East Carolina

(Defensive Line/Linebackers)

1983-84

Richmond

(Linebackers)

1985-88

Duke

(Outside Linebackers/Defensive Ends)

Duke

(Co-Defensive Coordinator/Outside Linebackers)

Florida

(Defensive Ends)

1991-93

Florida

(Ass. Defensive Co-Coordinator/ Banditbacks/Gatorbacks)

1994-97

Florida

(Ass. Defensive Coordinator/Defensive Ends)

Florida

(Ass. Defensive Coordinator/Defensive Ends/Strong-side Linebackers)

Florida

(Ass. Head Coach/Defensive Ends/Strong-Side Linebackers)

Florida

(Ass. Defensive Coordinator/Linebackers)

2001-2004

Miami Dolphins

(Linebackers)

Green Bay Packers

(Defensive Ends)

2006-2008

Green Bay Packers

(Defensive Coordinator)

2009-present

Buffalo Bills

(Defensive line)

Bob Sanders is very qualified to be the d coord. What went down in Green Bay could hardly be called his fault.

His CV:

Georgia Tech

(Part-time Coach)

1980-82

East Carolina

(Defensive Line/Linebackers)

1983-84

Richmond

(Linebackers)

1985-88

Duke

(Outside Linebackers/Defensive Ends)

Duke

(Co-Defensive Coordinator/Outside Linebackers)

Florida

(Defensive Ends)

1991-93

Florida

(Ass. Defensive Co-Coordinator/ Banditbacks/Gatorbacks)

1994-97

Florida

(Ass. Defensive Coordinator/Defensive Ends)

Florida

(Ass. Defensive Coordinator/Defensive Ends/Strong-side Linebackers)

Florida

(Ass. Head Coach/Defensive Ends/Strong-Side Linebackers)

Florida

(Ass. Defensive Coordinator/Linebackers)

2001-2004

Miami Dolphins

(Linebackers)

Green Bay Packers

(Defensive Ends)

2006-2008

Green Bay Packers

(Defensive Coordinator)

2009-present

Buffalo Bills

(Defensive line)

I must be missing the lines above that qualify him to be a good defensive coordinator.

I'm expecting Jim Bates to named DC anytime now. Him and Sanders have worked closely together before and , Bates was a mentor to him and if I remember correctly, Bates recommended him as his replacement in Green Bay or at least the Packers' FO thought he could be his replacement.