3-4 LOOKING MORE REAL HERES LINK

Buffalo 66

Morgan with the 9th pick though?? Seems like McClain would be much better 9th pick, if going LB'er. Shore up the middle.

either would fill needs. Morgan might fill the bigger need right away at pass rushing OLB and might be the "rarer" athlete between he and McClain. I think Poz and Mitchel can play ILB alright in 3-4 but, like you I'd rather it be one of them and McClain though.

the seeming move to a 3-4 and Giff on board does make Morgan a much more likely pick than he was a week ago, and most agree that he's top 10 talent (or at least until the combine, ha)

If we were to play a 3-4, the only position that I could see Maybin in having a shot at excelling in would be the passrushing OLB. If we were to draft Morgan, wouldn't that be an act of admission that Maybin is seen as an absolute failure? Grant it, he had less than inspiring year, but shouldn't we wait another year to get an OLB to see how he pans out.

Also, do you guys really believe that Ralph would allow Nix to draft Morgan knowing how much he just spent on Maybin? I think it would make sense to give the kid at least another year before giving up on him.

the seeming move to a 3-4 and Giff on board does make Morgan a much more likely pick than he was a week ago, and most agree that he's top 10 talent (or at least until the combine, ha)

forgot about the GIff angle

If we were to play a 3-4, the only position that I could see Maybin in having a shot at excelling in would be the passrushing OLB. If we were to draft Morgan, wouldn't that be an act of admission that Maybin is seen as an absolute failure? Grant it, he had less than inspiring year, but shouldn't we wait another year to get an OLB to see how he pans out.

well there are 2 OLB's, so you could run Morgan/Maybin on outsides (if we go w/ 3-4)

Morgan a 3-4 LB? Not sure about that.

At 6-4, 275 lbs, he fits the mold of a 4-3 DE more than a 3-4 OLB. Not that 3-4 OLBs *can't* be that big, but Morgan's frame is basically the prototypical 4-3 end, left or right.

Guest dog14787

At 6'4", 275 pounds, I like his size, Morgan would be a step in the right direction. :thumbsup:

Undersized high motor athletes are the biggest reason we get decimated year after year with injuries. I'm not saying its always better to go bigger, but bigger across the board equates to more durability across the board in my opinion, especially considering the rugged weather conditions in Buffalo.

Bigger is better...

Guest dog14787
At 6-4, 275 lbs, he fits the mold of a 4-3 DE more than a 3-4 OLB. Not that 3-4 OLBs *can't* be that big, but Morgan's frame is basically the prototypical 4-3 end, left or right.

275 is big, but we are undersized at the LB position right now and it shows.

and some people say he is too stiff in the hips to drop off into coverage. I thought he was a great fit as a 43 DE not 34 OLB. But id Giff thinks he can be a 34 OLB then you have to side with him since he has coached him for 4 years.

Morgan with the 9th pick though?? Seems like McClain would be much better 9th pick, if going LB'er. Shore up the middle.

As much as I think McClain will have more immediate impact, I have sincere doubts that he'll be available with teams like KC & Cleveland picking ahead of Buffalo.

Morgan a 3-4 LB? Not sure about that.

At 6'4", 275 pounds, I like his size, Morgan would be a step in the right direction. :thumbsup:

Undersized high motor athletes are the biggest reason we get decimated year after year with injuries. I'm not saying its always better to go bigger, but bigger across the board equates to more durability across the board in my opinion, especially considering the rugged weather conditions in Buffalo.

Bigger is better...

Before we get too into the size factor, we should wait for official weigh-ins at the NFL Combine. A guy that's listed at 275 lbs might turn out to be more in the 260 lb range, and who knows what kind of speed and fluidity he has out of a 2-pt. stance. However, I have heard a few opinions that 3-4 OLB might be his best fit as a pro. Personally, I had Morgan ear-marked as a Parcells guy that would start from day one in Miami's 3-4.

most likely the raiders will be taking Morgan....

STL- Suh

DET- McCoy

TB- Berry

WASH- Bradford

KC - Okung

SEA- Clauson

CLE - Haden

OAK- choice of DE's.....Morgan or Dunlap or Pierre-Paul

BUF- choice of LT's ....Williams or Davis or Bulaga.....sleeper pick McClain (ILB).

DEN- Dez Bryant ......replace Marshall.

JAX- TEBOW....they MUST sell tickets !!

MIA- McClain

SF- Left Tackle

SEA- C.J. Spiller

This Nick guy is FOS. Morgan is about 265 pounds. On the GT website they have him as 272, a little embellishment like most colleges do with their players. He's around the same size as Demarcus Ware and most other 3-4 pass rushers.